PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did anyone else just see Doc's inspirational speech ... about the Colts???

Nah, you sound pretty consistently angry.

There was no way the celts were going to win that game tonight unless they somehow got up by 40. I don't believe in conspiracy theories at all, but I do believe that NBA games, while not fixed, are heavily influenced by the officiating to the league's (revenue) benefit.
damn straight buddy.

I'll even go this far.......

I know for a fact that this series will go to 7 games. I'm not sure what will happen on the 7th game, and that might actually be the one that's called straight...

But the Lakers will win the next game, then kick the Celtics butt in game 5.

Then they will go back to Boston and this time the Celtics will kick the Lakers butts.

Then there will be game 7. You heard it here first. That's what the NBA wants. And if this doesn't happen, i look forward to everyone coming back and making fun of me

thanks and be sure to tip your waitress.

Last edited:
damn straight buddy.

I know for a fact that this series will go to 7 games. I'm not sure what will happen on the 7th game, and that might actually be the one that's called straight...

Then they will go back to Boston and this time the Celtics will kick the Lakers butts.

Then there will be game 7. You heard it here first. That's what the NBA wants. And if this doesn't happen, i look forward to everyone coming back and making fun of me

I'm with you on this. I think it will go to Game Seven, LA will win the next two somehow but the Celts win a classic Game Six and then destroy the Lakers in Game 7.

And its arguable whether or not the NBA or the officials have fixed certain games but just read the Tim Donaghy accusations that the Lakers/Kings WCF Game Six was fixed. Its often said to be the worst officiated game in decades in the NBA.

Last edited:
I'm with you on this. I think it will go to Game Seven, LA will win the next two somehow but the Celts win a classic Game Six and then destroy the Lakers in Game 7.

And its arguable whether or not the NBA or the officials have fixed certain games but just read the Tim Donaghy accusations that the Lakers/Kings WCF Game Six was fixed. Its often said to be the worst officiated game in decades in the NBA.

yeah the NBA crap is beyond irritating. Everything about it pisses me off and that ref doesn't even deserve to have his name spelled correctly.

We have the head of referring and David Stern taking shots at Tim Donahue saying he has no credibility and that he's just making crap up. But everything he's saying can be backed up by the actual games and they are the arse-licking morons who hired him in the first place!

by rule, doesn't that make them bigger idiots?

They say that he's just making it up for a reduced sentence, but everyone ignores the fact that this is the exact kind of info. he would have, if he did have info....
It's not like he has this wide variety of damaging NBA info and he chooses this... this is specifically what he was involved in, and he's telling what he knows.

UFC MMA is starting to look like the only true sport now. How sad is that?

damn straight buddy.

I still think it will only go 6.

We shall see soon enough.

Last two times, I think. The series is 8-2 Celtics.

I'm presuming that LA is going to come out fired up and whoop some butt in game 3. I think game 4 will be the key to the series.

Ohok, 2 games. Either way it's a "consider the source" for me (jmo). I don't perceive Doc as a Pats hater or a Colts lover so I'll file it under the category a coach who lacks some practice at giving pre-championship speeches. Let's hope he becomes a real pro at them in the future though:rocker: Plus they won that one-all is forgiven;)

Agreed on tonight's game being key-Tuesday's was more of a must-win for LA and it's not like they're a terrible team- we'll give 'em that one, but tonight we need to take it all back again. My prediction=Celts in 6:D

Ohok, 2 games. Either way it's a "consider the source" for me (jmo). I don't perceive Doc as a Pats hater or a Colts lover so I'll file it under the category a coach who lacks some practice at giving pre-championship speeches. Let's hope he becomes a real pro at them in the future though:rocker: Plus they won that one-all is forgiven;)

Agreed on tonight's game being key-Tuesday's was more of a must-win for LA and it's not like they're a terrible team- we'll give 'em that one, but tonight we need to take it all back again. My prediction=Celts in 6:D

I could not agree with this post more.

I'm no Doc hater. He's no Red Auerbach, but he's no ML Carr either.

well it looks like i was wrong. oh well.

ill do the espn thing and pretend it never happened. ummmmmm after i post this i mean. dammnit.

Don't you feel silly now?

Silly? No. Glad to be wrong? Totally!
Any Celtic fan watching Game 2 had to have their heart in their throat or else you gotta be lying.
Retrospectively, if the Celts blow the big lead in Game 2 but still win Game 4 on the outstanding come back...it would have shaped up as THE series of all time between these teams. Regardless, I am happy to be have "double match point."

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back