PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dez Bryant to the Patriots??? Maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

We've seen stranger things happen...fxck it...why not

With Dez we'd finally really have a player who really can't get open or run the right routes.

But can he kick?

We signed Michael Floyd mid December in 2016. I don’t think he played in the playoffs but not for lack of eligibility.

Floyd played in the Texans playoff game and had a screen pass bounce off his hands into a Texans' hands. And that was the end of the Michael Floyd Experience in Foxboro.

It seems like the media reads fans' wildest fantasies on this and other message boards and then reports them as "truth" or some kind of "substantiated" rumor. Welcome to the internet, I guess.

With Dez we'd finally really have a player who really can't get open or run the right routes.
And also injury-prone. Sounds like he’d be a perfect fit. Sign the beast.

Floyd played in the Texans playoff game and had a screen pass bounce off his hands into a Texans' hands. And that was the end of the Michael Floyd Experience in Foxboro.

But that open field block...I'll never forget that...

Last edited:
Note: AB just posted a blanket apology

First of all: No.

Second of all: I keep asking this and either keep missing the reply or no one knows/cares. Isn't any player we sign from here on out ineligible for the playoff roster? If so, the last thing we need is a guy who is here just long enough to get up to speed before we have to kiss him goodbye for the most important games of the year.

No one responds to this because we all remember the Patriots signing James Harrison the day after Christmas.

Thank you both, great examples. Clearly this is one of those moments where I was half listening to/reading something, and instead of researching and clarifying I doubled down and decided it was gospel. Lesson learned :D

There was such a stipulation on however Gronk was being held. He had a date he had to come back by to be eligible for playoffs. It must not apply to FAs.

Jimmie Johnson: "hit me over the head with a hammer the next time I draft a dumb guy."

corollary: hit me over the head with a hammer the next time I sign a dumb guy

This is pretty comical....so BB would trade away DT....dump AB ....AND cut Josh Gordon (still no idea what happened there) and THEN sign ....Dez Bryant who hasn’t played in how long?! I must be in another universe!!!

This is pretty comical....so BB would trade away DT....dump AB ....AND cut Josh Gordon (still no idea what happened there) and THEN sign ....Dez Bryant who hasn’t played in how long?! I must be in another universe!!!
Not to mention also going into a very important game without a kicker.

This season has been the Twilight Zone when it comes to personnel decisions. Truly strange.

Desperate times.
Yeah....not that desperate!!!....I would bring back Maurice Harris or even give Crabtree a run before Dez!!!

This season has been the Twilight Zone when it comes to personnel decision. Truly strange.
You are right Todd....very strange year indeed!!!

This season has been the Twilight Zone when it comes to personnel decisions. Truly strange.
You think they are going to not have a kicker Sunday?

We just drafted a younger version of him in Harry.

Brown is the only free agent who can fix this offense.
Somehow I think Dez might get open a wee bit more than Harry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back