PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Devin McCourty: "I wouldn't mind........"

Light it up with stidham and draft two qb projects in later rounds. Play all 3 and see who handles the pressure better . And if they all flop, we at least have a decent draft position to draft higher in 2022. Draft the defense well in 2021 and go all out on offense in 2022 .
Sounds like a great recipe for a 1-15 season.

Yes 40 or 50. If every Qb starter and backup were available almost every starter and half of the backups would be a better option plus many rookies.

If my only choices we Newton or Watson for 4 1s I’d take Watson. If I had other options 4 1s is too much.

You have to get Qb right. In the year you have the highest pick you will see and 60 million cap space you simply can not come out of that with an over the hill guy no one could argue isn’t one of the 3 worst starters in the league with a straight face.

What do you think a mentor is? It shouldn’t be a guy who doesn’t know what he’s doing.

Nothing about my post says 8-8 my post says dump the dead weight and fix it now.

Everything about your post screams 8-8.

You'd sign a back up QB over Cam? 6-10.

You'd trade for Watson using four first round picks? Cap space gone and no picks to build the roster. 9-7 for a couple of years.

Cam is a team first type of guy. Draft a rookie QB high and let him grow.

Your plan is as Jetsy as it gets.

“I wouldn’t mind a lot of these guys quarterbacking my team. I’ll start off by saying I wouldn’t mind seeing my guy Cam Newton come back,” Devin said, as transcribed by WEEI’s Ryan Hannable. “I thought he had a tough [situation] coming in — no offseason, no anything. [He] played in a Super Bowl and won a MVP.”

Patriots news: Cam Newton to return? New England veteran speaks out (clutchpoints.com)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ted Johnson was on 98.5 this afternoon doing his weekend show and mentioned this McCourty statement, and TJ's take on this was......
McCourty is a team first/Bill guy and the team captain's public sentiments are likely Bill's as well

On that note.....

I change the radio station as soon as I hear Johnson’s choice. Every single take is colored by his hatred of Belichick. Massive douche vessel.

Everything about your post screams 8-8.

You'd sign a back up QB over Cam? 6-10.

You'd trade for Watson using four first round picks? Cap space gone and no picks to build the roster. 9-7 for a couple of years.

Cam is a team first type of guy. Draft a rookie QB high and let him grow.

Your plan is as Jetsy as it gets.
I would sign the best QB I can get but most backups would be better than newton.
And I would also draft one if a worthy one is there
I’d trade 4 1s for Watson if the choices were him or cam. There are other choices do that is too much.

Your plan is to agree to lose with the worst QB in the nfl and mine is to fix the QB position.

There is nothing about bringing newton back that accomplished anything whatsoever.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back