PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deshaun Watson accused of sexual assault in lawsuit

I know there’s been athletes, I think manny Ramirez was one, who would never allow himself to be alone with a female outside the family , always had a 3rd party around when getting in elevators and such. Think that’d be another safe way to go, but a lot of these guys lifestyles don’t allow for that.
I think our former VP did that too. Seems a bit drastic to me, but I understand the point.

I'm wondering why Watson would settle. In some cases, like the Lewis vs Mudge case, it's the insurance companies that call the shots and they decide if it's worth it for them to pay off Lewis' widow, even though Dr Mudge wasn't responsible for his death and took a big hit because it wasn't his call.

IMHO, in this case it's different. Why would Watson agree to settle if he did nothing wrong?
Because
1) doing nothing wrong doesn’t mean you don’t lose the case
2) to make it go away. At this point it’s a little late for that
3) to keep testimony out of court that could lead to a criminal charge, true or not
4) to buy silence and prevent them from filing a criminal complaint, true or not

On a side note, where exactly is our resident crew of attorney's?

Seems we hade 4 or 5 during Deflategate.
Four or 5? It was like the the Harvard Law School alumnae reunion in here during that event! And this is obviously heading that way as well.

If Watson was flying these women to masage him at home, then he is stupid for not installing some sort of covert surveillance camera to record these services.
Unless, he had good reason not to.
Like,say,hes guilty as charged.

Unless, he had good reason not to.
Like,say,hes guilty as charged.
Another good reason not to is.... oh, say.... the fact that in many places it's illegal..... (of course it is the "covert" part which is illegal so arguably what he should have done for his home encounters is to film it and simply make sure the masseuses were aware of it)

From an NFL angle, pretty sure the League wouldn't want to see DW shoot his way out of town. This is a perfect opportunity to step in and "ice" him similar to what they did with AB. If I recall, once Pats cut him, teams inquired w/ NFL about signing AB and the league wouldn't commit to not place him on the exempt list, which froze him out.

I believe NFL hasn't really acted on civil suits until a final outcome. Wasn't Trent Brown sued by his GF? AB hasn't been punished yet because of the sexual assault civil suit.

Is the timing of signing Tyrod Taylor the same day the 1st of the lawsuits was announced a coincidence?

Do the Texans gain anything by freezing him out of any potential trade but not have him available to play?

Last edited:
7 accusations against Watson...doesn't look good for him. If it were 1 woman, then yeah, there's a chance she might be crazy, but 7 seems to be a pattern. If Easterby knew about this, he should have traded Watson when he had the chance and could have gotten 3 first-rounders plus players. Now no one is going to touch Watson until the NFL investigation is over.

Regardless of how this turns out, rich folks (and especially ones vulnerable to public opinion) need to go around with body-cams.

Basically record everything at all times. Have their homes recording everything. If they're stripping down for a massage, have a 360 cam recording everything.

Hell that'd probably help keep guys in line too if they know everything is being recorded.
Body cams are one of the best things that ever happened for the police.

I know there’s been athletes, I think manny Ramirez was one, who would never allow himself to be alone with a female outside the family , always had a 3rd party around when getting in elevators and such. Think that’d be another safe way to go, but a lot of these guys lifestyles don’t allow for that.
Manny had other issues. Wasn't he the one who was throwing water balloons out of a hotel window from 35 floors up? Or maybe it was Johnny Damon.

Manny had other issues. Wasn't he the one who was throwing water balloons out of a hotel window from 35 floors up? Or maybe it was Johnny Damon.

not sure, but he is definitely not the one I expected to have such a wise plan lol i may be remembering wrong which player it was.

7 accusations against Watson...doesn't look good for him. If it were 1 woman, then yeah, there's a chance she might be crazy, but 7 seems to be a pattern. If Easterby knew about this, he should have traded Watson when he had the chance and could have gotten 3 first-rounders plus players. Now no one is going to touch Watson until the NFL investigation is over.
If the Texans knew about it and traded him for 3 first rounders and then this came out, there would be a major grievance against them. Goodell would probably have to void the trade and issue a major fine. Their reputation with other teams would be in the gutter.

I’m wondering if they did know. It could explain Easterby’s investigation of players and the vitriol they and staff have against him. It would also explain why they have been adamant to not even listen to offers for Watson. It might not be a coincidence that the attorney is Cal’s neighbor.

Because
1) doing nothing wrong doesn’t mean you don’t lose the case
2) to make it go away. At this point it’s a little late for that
3) to keep testimony out of court that could lead to a criminal charge, true or not
4) to buy silence and prevent them from filing a criminal complaint, true or not
Thanks. In any case he's up the creek without a paddle. You think he did something wrong? I'm having a hard time getting around the fact that there are multiple accusers.
In my many years on this earth I spent exactly one day in a live courtroom, and that was because my wife decided to ignore a $50 fine that resulted in our son being pulled over in my car for an outstanding warrant. He spent a night in jail and I went to court to see him exonerated. The judge was pretty upset that they made him spend a night in jail (the only member of our family to ever do that) and the fine was waived. My wife probably looks at that as a win. ;)

not sure, but he is definitely not the one I expected to have such a wise plan lol i may be remembering wrong which player it was.
Maybe Manny was smart enough to take some good advice. It's possible that it was both of them.

Thanks. In any case he's up the creek without a paddle. You think he did something wrong? I'm having a hard time getting around the fact that there are multiple accusers.
In my many years on this earth I spent exactly one day in a live courtroom, and that was because my wife decided to ignore a $50 fine that resulted in our son being pulled over in my car for an outstanding warrant. He spent a night in jail and I went to court to see him exonerated. The judge was pretty upset that they made him spend a night in jail (the only member of our family to ever do that) and the fine was waived. My wife probably looks at that as a win. ;)
I have no clue whether he did anything or not. How could I?

But the thing I can get my mind around is this:

If you live in Houston and you want a massage there are hundreds, maybe thousands of people that you can go to, or some will even come to you and you probably pay what? $100?

What would motivate someone in Houston to find a masseuse in Atlanta, someone he never net before and instead of spending $100 on someone local, pay for a round trip flight, a hotel room and im sure 8-10 times the going price for the massage (since this girl gives up at least a full day of work)????

It makes absolutely zero sense. The thought process doesn’t even exist unless there is another reason. And what could that reason be? I can’t think of what “extra” would cause you to pay over $2000 for a $100 item unless it came with something extra.
Now that is as likely to suggest she volunteered to do it when they made the arrangements as that he duped her into it. But something is not right.

Now we are dealing with someone who filed legal papers saying they reacted by passing out and defecating upon themself, but I find it hard to believe anyone would think all that expense was just for a massage.

If Watson was flying these women to masage him at home, then he is stupid for not installing some sort of covert surveillance camera to record these services.
Is that legal?

Bob Kraft would know.

Now I realize what they meant when they said that Houston was on the rise.

If the Texans knew about it and traded him for 3 first rounders and then this came out, there would be a major grievance against them. Goodell would probably have to void the trade and issue a major fine. Their reputation with other teams would be in the gutter.

I’m wondering if they did know. It could explain Easterby’s investigation of players and the vitriol they and staff have against him. It would also explain why they have been adamant to not even listen to offers for Watson. It might not be a coincidence that the attorney is Cal’s neighbor.

it would be almost impossible for the league to find out what the texans knew and didn’t know. they could easily say that they traded watson because he didn’t want to be there and point to his many public statements indicating such.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back