PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dennard arrested for DUI

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Tebow supporters are the personification of well-intended and harmless. It is the Tebow haters that ruin all these threads with their mutual self-congratulatory back-slapping and childish insults. These threads are like a playground where the dumb big kids congregate to bully the smarter kinder kids.

How anyone finds the below offensive is completely beyond me.:

Hell Manx, I'm a Tebow supporter and this crap gets on my nerves. If I wanted to hear a sermon, I'd go to Church or frequent the religion section of a message board.

Hell Manx, I'm a Tebow supporter and this crap gets on my nerves. If I wanted to hear a sermon, I'd go to Church or frequent the religion section of a message board.

3pa6tm.jpg

Amen to that.

So where are we? Edit - just re-read the most recent... okay so we're going to wait out a suspension, annnnd... that's what we think we know as of today!

Amen to that.

So where are we? Edit - just re-read the most recent... okay so we're going to wait out a suspension, annnnd... that's what we think we know as of today!

well...let's not forget...it's up to the Omissioner to make a "decision"...I expect him to tie Dennard to Ahern and suspend Dennard until the Ahern trial is over in two years...or some nutso, neo-gestapo action that gets Lord High Chancellor Baddell as much network face time as is possible without a network brownout.

Amen to that.

well...let's not forget...it's up to the Omissioner to make a "decision"...I expect him to tie Dennard to Ahern and suspend Dennard until the Ahern trial is over in two years...or some nutso, neo-gestapo action that gets Lord High Chancellor Baddell as much network face time as is possible without a network brownout.

I'm still not convinced that there will be a suspension. Admittedly, I haven't read the latest articles yet that discuss the matter, but I can't recall any player getting nailed for 4 games on a first offense like this.

Patriots might get hammered in some way for having multiple players in trouble, but a player suspension ?

Patriots might get hammered in some way for having multiple players in trouble, but a player suspension ?

I don't see it. I mean, what should the Patriots do, wag their fingers harder at players and tell them not to be naughty?

Is there a precedent for that? Like, say, the Bengals?

I don't see it. I mean, what should the Patriots do, wag their fingers harder at players and tell them not to be naughty?

I'll have to see if I can dig up the article, but there is something in NFL "rule book" that allows for it.

They do it at the NCAA level. The finding is "Lack of institutional control". Coaches and schools can be held responsible for actions that they have little control over or knowledge of.

It may seem novel to you, but the team is responsible for the behavior of its employees. There are league sanctions against teams that have too many suspensions.

So, how 'bout that Dennard situation?

It doesn't appear that there will be much to discuss until the middle of next week when he's due in court for arriagnment for his violation of probation (7/31).

From the defense's side they'll be asking for a continuance/postponement, due to the new charge not being resolved yet, what they'll claim to be a lack of sufficient evidence, and the fact that it meshes with Dennard's work schedule.

From the prosecution's side they'll be asking for an outright revocation of his original probation, which they already have; along with the fact that he's already broken the law by refusing the breathalyzer which automatically makes him guilty of a new charge. Along with that they'll be claiming that he's repeating the same kind of poor decision making in terms of using alcohol, being out late at night/early morning partying, and that he isn't taking his punishment seriously enough.

Which side the judge goes with will obviously give a glimpse into when Dennard will potentially be punished by either/both the league and/or the state of Nebraska. Usually, there is approximately a 30 day or so waiting period between the VOP arriagnment and the next step in the process, so whether or not the next court date comes at the beginning of Septemeber or not will certainly be key.

Aside from that his next court date after that would be 8/12 for his new charge of DUI, so my guess is that the defense will be trying to push BOTH issues into the future as far as they are able to delay punishment.

Just read the Pats PUP list et al

Dennard listed nowhere makes me think the Pats know something about this coming court date that we don't...maybe he DID blow a sub .8 and there is no case... 8 freakin' days to find out

Just read the Pats PUP list et al

Dennard listed nowhere makes me think the Pats know something about this coming court date that we don't...maybe he DID blow a sub .8 and there is no case... 8 freakin' days to find out

In the meantime, we'll have the Fanane hearing to finish tomorrow to hold us over; along with the Hernandez probable cause hearing on Wednesday.

I also believe there's another media court date tomorrow to try and persuade the judge to release more warrants/records if I'm not mistaken. On top of that, the grand jury heard the testimony of the FL shooting victim last week too, so that indictment could come down at any moment.

Regading the submission of Dennard on the PUP/NFI injury lists---I think that would just be for someone who is injured and since they are so far choosing to keep him on the roster it wouldn't pertain to him one way or another, although that's just my opinion.

yeah..the friggin' Fanoony Chronicles...can't wait for THIS azzclown to start up a freakin' third circus

yeah..the friggin' Fanoony Chronicles...can't wait for THIS azzclown to start up a freakin' third circus

I initially didn't realize that it started today and would continue into Tuesday.

I'm somewhat surprised that we didn't hear anything leak out in terms of the media vultures already. Tomorrow that may be different.

Oh yeah, and did I mention that there's a little thing called training camp that supposedly starts at the end of the week too? I almost forgot ;)

I'll take some stupid pics from the stands on Friday and post them here at night...it'll be like you were there...without the loud mouth of Joe Kerr foghorning your ears

Okay so, 7/31? Back to Tebow 'til then? :D

Well he already had a hearing set for the July 31.

I think it essentially just means the judge is in no rush to violate his probation because if he/she was the hearing wouldn't have been rescheduled a month out.

From a fan's perspective, this is the important part:

District Court Judge Robert Otte told Dennard that the conditions of his probation remain. That allows Dennard to leave the state to attend training camp in Foxboro.

August 12 is the court date for the DUI.

August 27 is the court date for the Violation of Probation.

My guess is that the DUI case will not be resolved on August 12, and because of that the VoP case will be rescheduled for a couple of weeks after the next DUI court date.

It Is What It Is » Alfonzo Dennard arraigned in Nebraska court, gets OK to attend Patriots training camp

Dennard can head to Patriots' training camp : Journal Star Breaking News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing