PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dennard arrested for DUI

Status
Not open for further replies.
also if you listen to the reporters they mention Philip rivers had a similar throw his first year as QB. Difference is Philip has had years to develop. Whereas, that was Tim's 1st year as a QB. Tim can throw well, he just needs to work on accuracy and that comes with time. I disagree Tim is an NFL caliber QB. I love Philip rivers as well. Mad credit to Brandon Llyod, he's a great receiver for sure.

Sorry, you lose all credibility there. He does not throw well, his mechanics are off the charts bad, and there are many issues besides accuracy. There is nothing in common between him and Rivers.

Actually I think that EJ Manuel is a more likely reason as he's in our conference and we could be facing him for two games this year.

oh, okay I wasn't sure what you meant for sure. I was trying to help as you know. Anyways I agree. can you elaborate?

Have I missed something here? Was Tebow the driver and not Dennard?

Sorry, you lose all credibility there. He does not throw well, his mechanics are off the charts bad, and there are many issues besides accuracy. There is nothing in common between him and Rivers.

Well some think he can throw and some don't. You feel that I lost credibility for me believing what I do. I feel you lose all credibility saying he can't throw. Either way it doesn't bother me and I'll be just fine. In regards to Philip you need to be fair. Watch footage and check his stats for his 1st year playing and you'll notice that he gets better with time.

oh, okay I wasn't sure what you meant for sure. I was trying to help as you know. Anyways I agree. can you elaborate?

I used Kaepernick as a high profile example but later talked about other big mobile QBs like Newton, Locker, Manuel etc. I don't know that this is the reason for signing Tebow but clearly BB had a reason for signing him. I'm just trying to examine one possibility.

I used Kaepernick as a high profile example but later talked about other big mobile QBs like Newton, Locker, Manuel etc. I don't know that this is the reason for signing Tebow but clearly BB had a reason for signing him. I'm just trying to examine one possibility.

Oh okay, well I agree. You know football inside and out. So I trust your objectivity in regard to the sport and its players.

I agree BB signed him for a reason, some fail to realize that.

Well some think he can throw and some don't. You feel that I lost credibility for me believing what I do. I feel you lose all credibility saying he can't throw. Either way it doesn't bother me and I'll be just fine. In regards to Philip you need to be fair. Watch footage and check his stats for his 1st year playing and you'll notice that he gets better with time.

Please provide evidence of these analysts that say its simply an accuracy thing. Or are you going by your expert opinion on QB mechanics. I will provide you one (one of many) that believe its alot more complicated than his accuracy issues:

ESPN's Ron Jaworski: Tim Tebow hasn't changed as a passer

And I think that could be a very reasonable possibility. Any number of things could point to the acquisition paying off in different ways throughout the year.

At the end of the day Belichick seems to find ways to plug in players to this system who are tough, intelligent, hard nosed football guys who provide good leadership and love to play the game; so it could be just as simple as that.

Well some think he can throw and some don't. You feel that I lost credibility for me believing what I do. I feel you lose all credibility saying he can't throw. Either way it doesn't bother me and I'll be just fine.

I would love to see you step outside of the subject a bit and comment on some other Patriot related issues, instead of painting yourself into a corner (so to speak--no disrespect intended) by "just" sticking to all things Tebow related.

Not that it would matter to me one way or another, but are you a fan of the team itself or just of Tebow? Not meaning to sound sarcastic either.

And I think that could be a very reasonable possibility. Any number of things could point to the acquisition paying off in different ways throughout the year.

At the end of the day Belichick seems to find ways to plug in players to this system who are tough, intelligent, hard nosed football guys who provide good leadership and love to play the game; so it could be just as simple as that.

That I agree with. As a football player, I'm sure his character and positive attitude is a big plus in the dressing room. As a quarterback, not so much.

I would love to see you step outside of the subject a bit and comment on some other Patriot related issues, instead of painting yourself into a corner (so to speak--no disrespect intended) by "just" sticking to all things Tebow related.

Not that it would matter to me one way or another, but are you a fan of the team itself or just of Tebow? Not meaning to sound sarcastic either.

I made a thread about Power Ranking and where the Patriots fell. Check it out and add your contribution to it. I made several comments about Dennard and tried to keep it on Dennard in this thread, but things took a drastic turn a few pages back unfortunately. I am a fan of the Patriots and a few of its players.

I made a thread about Power Ranking and where the Patriots fell. Check it out and add your contribution to it. I made several comments about Dennard and tried to keep it on Dennard in this thread, but things took a drastic turn a few pages back unfortunately. I am a fan of the Patriots and a few of its players.

Sweet man. Like I said, it doesn't matter one bit to me personally, but I think that's some of the reason why you've had to endure growing pains here on the boards. In my opinion the sudden infusion of Tebow fans may be getting on some posters nerves, especially if they aren't really Patriot fans.

At any rate, welcome to the forum.

Sweet man. Like I said, it doesn't matter one bit to me personally, but I think that's some of the reason why you've had to endure growing pains here on the boards. In my opinion the sudden infusion of Tebow fans may be getting on some posters nerves, especially if they aren't really Patriot fans.

At any rate, welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the welcome, I appreciate that.

I like the team and a few of its players. The problem comes in when you mention religion and or Tebow. There's alot of Tebow resentment and religous bigotry. I embrace the Patriots and it would be nice if the other Patriot fans would embrace Tebow. That don't have to love him, but be respectful.

For instance, I made a comment about Dennard towards Dennard. Well since it involved religion somewhat. Certain posters were up and arms. It was comments like" oh another from the Tebow flock chiming in" followed by the "can't wait for Tebow to be cut". Some even questioned my username.

As my friend maxnman said the intolerance and bigotry around here with some posters is strong.

Thanks for the welcome, I appreciate that.

I like the team and a few of its players. The problem comes in when you mention religion and or Tebow. There's alot of Tebow resentment and religous bigotry. I embrace the Patriots and it would be nice if the other Patriot fans would embrace Tebow. That don't have to love him, but be respectful.

For instance, I made a comment about Dennard towards Dennard. Well since it involved religion somewhat certain posters were up and arms. It was comments like" oh another from the Tebow flock chiming in" followed by the "can't wait for Tebow to be cut"

As my friend maxnman said the intolerance and bigotry around here with some posters is strong.

Absolutely. I think the same could be said pretty much anywhere though. As a whole I have found these people to be very friendly, accepting, and informative as a whole.

Religion, politics, etc are always going to be controversial; so I wouldn't even think twice about taking it personally. Like I said, I honestly believe that once you get out from under the "just another Tebow fan" label, things will go smoother. In the defense of those who made comments, it is just out of frustration for feeling that everything points back to Tebow, along with the flock of "trolls" who tend to come out of the woodwork who pretend to be Tebow fans.

One thing's for sure--he is a talented player in some aspects and is very popular. The concern is obviously his ability or inability to successfully be a QB in this specific system. I actually think he'd have done just fine if given a chance in New York. They have more of a system that would have tailored his strengths in my opinion. Unfortunately for him (and fortunately for us Pats fans) Rex Ryan did not use him in a proper manner.

So, how 'bout that Dennard situation?

Not sure what that has to do with Tebow. Sheesh some people :)

Posts 744 and 745 were enough to completely derail the thread, particularly the latter. No need for that on a football forum and would inevitably inflame some.

Posts 744 and 745 were enough to completely derail the thread, particularly the latter. No need for that on a football forum and would inevitably inflame some.

Fumbrunner , why do you think that an ignoring function was put on the boards? For that very reason. There's room for alot of topics and opinions on a football forum as long as the poster is not insulting others and is following the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back