PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dennard arrested for DUI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bigot - you might want to look up that word in the dictionary and why a discussion has even been brought up regarding Dennard's faith-based values.

Dennard's faith-based values have not been discussed in the media but some Tebow-ite jackass comes over here and makes a comment as if he knows Dennard's faith-based values. It is off-topic, it is irrelevant, and if you want to talk about something off-topic and irrelevant then take it to ChristianMingle.com. They will welcome you with open arms.

Oh and by the way - here is the definition of big·ot - a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices. That sounds like christiancat since he thinks that his faith-based views should be shared by all and is the reason why 99% of all of his posts are about his views and nothing more.

You're very proud of that joke aren't you. that's about the fourth time you've used it in consecutive posts. It was mildly amusing the first time, it wore a bit thin thereafter.

Where has ChristianCat said that his faith-based views should be shared by all? There is absolutely nothing that ChristianCat has said that can in any way be described as bigoted. However, you might want to look into that word "intolerantly" that you quoted and then go back through your posts looking at the number of times you've asked for people to be banned. just saying.

Re: Re: Dennard arrested for DUI

It all depends on how many game threads people like christiancat interrupt during the course of the season.

I hear you. They can be a little annoying to me as well.

But at least they are a different kind of optimistic annoying than our usual Wrath of God's You-Shall-Have-No-Other-Opinion-Other-Than-My-Own-Or-I- Will-Call-You-A-Sheep... kind of annoying. ;)

You're very proud of that joke aren't you. that's about the fourth time you've used it in consecutive posts. It was mildly amusing the first time, it wore a bit thin thereafter.

Where has ChristianCat said that his faith-based views should be shared by all? There is absolutely nothing that ChristianCat has said that can in any way be described as bigoted. However, you might want to look into that word "intolerantly" that you quoted and then go back through your posts looking at the number of times you've asked for people to be banned. just saying.

Well then - manx, this is just another example of not comprehending that this is a PatsFans.com board and not a ChristianMingle.com board and I was actually being serious. If you guys want to talk about the Patriots and Christian views, then take it over there because that is where it belongs.

None of you know what Dennard's faith-based beliefs and views are and to presume that you do is sad for reasons that have already been stated.

As far as intolerance - yea, I am not tolerant of people like christiancat continuously stating over and over what his beliefs are because they are not warranted. That troll doesn't know the first thing about Dennard.

It was you, not I, who suggested that a solution to "Dennard and his current issues" was for him to give his heart to Jesus. I found this judgmental.

One of the reasons why the discussion has continued is because it is indeed Dennard's character and off-field behavior that is at issue. Most here believe that he can be a contributor for years if he gets his head together. Many see this as an unlikely occurrence.

And yes, as you said, Dennard does need counseling. He also needs mentoring. The team should consider what steps it might take.

If you want to discuss the issue about alcohol and Christians, and judging the hearts of others than PM me and we'll talk. Lets keep this thread about Dennard and his current issues. We don't want to stear this thread off course.

Well then - manx, this is just another example of not comprehending that this is a PatsFans.com board and not a ChristianMingle.com board and I was actually being serious. If you guys want to talk about the Patriots and Christian views, then take it over there because that is where it belongs.

None of you know what Dennard's faith-based beliefs and views are and to presume that you do is sad for reasons that have already been stated.

As far as intolerance - yea, I am not tolerant of people like christiancat continuously stating over and over what his beliefs are because they are not warranted. That troll doesn't know the first thing about Dennard.

I have no problem with you disagreeing with him - there's just no need to be constantly insulting. If you don't like what someone has to say, just ignore him. As for him not knowing anything about Dennard, none of us do - and yet we're all still talking about him.

I say this kindly - it should be you visiting Christian mingle - you'd learn some kindness and tolerance. You have a smart mind when you're not being a bit of an a-hole. You spend more time insulting Tebow supporters than you do making decent contributions on this board - you are exactly what you're criticising them as being.

Anyway I've said my piece. As for Dennard, there do seem to be some legitimate concerns about his character - hopefully they won't ruin his chances of being a decent to good starting CB.

I have no problem with you disagreeing with him - there's just no need to be constantly insulting. If you don't like what someone has to say, just ignore him. As for him not knowing anything about Dennard, none of us do - and yet we're all still talking about him.

I say this kindly - it should be you visiting Christian mingle - you'd learn some kindness and tolerance. You have a smart mind when you're not being a bit of an a-hole. You spend more time insulting Tebow supporters than you do making decent contributions on this board - you are exactly what you're criticising them as being.

Anyway I've said my piece. As for Dennard, there do seem to be some legitimate concerns about his character - hopefully they won't ruin his chances of being a decent to good starting CB.

Ditto on the bolded section of your statement. As for the constant remarks about what christiancat thinks Dennard needs, I rest until he does it again which will probably be tomorrow.

Ditto on the bolded section of your statement. As for the constant remarks about what christiancat thinks Dennard needs, I rest until he does it again which will probably be tomorrow.

God willing....oops.

:p

I say this kindly - it should be you visiting Christian mingle - you'd learn some kindness and tolerance.

Oh, there's plenty of kindness and tolerance right here at Patsfans.com. No?

Oh, there's plenty of kindness and tolerance right here at Patsfans.com. No?

Absolutely. I was just being a touch facetious whilst aiming for mildly amusing and sarcastic.

What some fail to realize is that I am entitled to my opinion as long as I am not insulting others. Take Brady6 and I. Brady6 is not a Tebow fan nor do we agree on most topics related to role models, religion, Tebow, etc. However, we keep our debates civil and at the end of the day me and Brady 6 hold no hard feelings against each other even though we are so different. That is why I consider Brady 6 a friend despite the fact that he's not a fan of Tebow.

Same for Manxman I too consider him a friend even though we don't share all the same views nor is he a man of faith. However, I have no problem with that. Me and Maxnman are able too agree or disagree on various topics yet we keep still get along just fine.

Like I, and a few others have suggested if you don't like my posts than utilize the ignore list. It is there for a reason.

Not for nothing but Dennard was the youngest of 10 children in his family. He studied Sociology which should tell you something about the kind of course work that he had in college and is involved in volunteer work both at the University of Nebraska and with the Patriots Charitable Foundation.

The kid is not dumb. He has a couple of minor character flaws that probably arose from being the youngest in his family and he had to be tough.

Personally, I like our defensive players standing up for themselves and being tough and when him and Alshon Jeffrey went at it in the Capital One Bowl, I knew that he had Patriot written all over him.

Personal

Alfonzo is the son of Rose Mary Dennard and was born on Sept. 9, 1989. He is a sociology major, and has assisted with Nebraska's team hospital visits and volunteered his time at the Village Manor Retirement Center.

Dennard's good deed overshadowed by legal trouble | Comcast SportsNet - CSNNE.com

What some fail to realize is that I am entitled to my opinion as long as I am not insulting others. Take Brady6 and I. Brady6 is not a Tebow fan nor do we agree on most topics related to role models, religion, Tebow, etc. However, we keep our debates civil and at the end of the day me and Brady 6 hold no hard feelings against each other even though we are so different. That is why I consider Brady 6 a friend despite the fact that he's not a fan of Tebow.

Same for Maxnman I too consider him a friend even though we don't share all the same views nor is he a man of faith. However, I have no problem with that. Me and Maxnman are able too agree or disagree on various topics yet we keep still get along just fine.

Like I, and a few others have suggested if you don't like my posts than utilize the ignore list. It is there for a reason.

I cannot wait for Tebow to be cut.

Not for nothing but Dennard was the youngest of 10 children in his family. He studied Sociology which should tell you something about the kind of course work that he had in college and is involved in volunteer work both at the University of Nebraska and with the Patriots Charitable Foundation.

The kid is not dumb. He has a couple of minor character flaws that probably arose from being the youngest in his family and he had to be tough.

Personally, I like our defensive players standing up for themselves and being tough and when him and Alshon Jeffrey went at it in the Capital One Bowl, I knew that he had Patriot written all over him.

Personal

Alfonzo is the son of Rose Mary Dennard and was born on Sept. 9, 1989. He is a sociology major, and has assisted with Nebraska's team hospital visits and volunteered his time at the Village Manor Retirement Center.

Dennard's good deed overshadowed by legal trouble | Comcast SportsNet - CSNNE.com

I don't want this to come across as codescending or ironic considering our oft-difficult disagreements, but that was a good post; informative and makes me re-think Dennard to some degree.

I cannot wait for Tebow to be cut.

I feel the same way about Talib. But Talib is a Patriot so I'll support him. If Tebow makes the final 53, how will that affect you're thinking if at all?

I feel the same way about Talib. But Talib is a Patriot so I'll support him. If Tebow makes the final 53, how will that affect you're thinking if at all?

It won't. We have Brady and Mallet and as long as those two guys are on this roster, Tebow is a JAG who, unless he takes on other roles, is someone that better learn a secondary position that is going to help his team, like competing for the long snapper position and play some special teams whereas Talib and Dennard are the teams' two starting cornerbacks.

It won't. We have Brady and Mallet and as long as those two guys are on this roster, Tebow is a JAG who, unless he takes on other roles, is someone that better learn a secondary position that is going to help his team, like competing for the long snapper position and play some special teams whereas Talib and Dennard are the teams' two starting cornerbacks.

Fair enough. But I disagree. Any member of the 53 is a contributor. You mentioned him, somewhat disparagingly as a "scout team QB". Considering how much mobile QBs are becoming a factor in the NFL and considering the fact that Brady and Mallett are about as mobile as my Granny, I think this might be more important than you think. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it could be the main reason for Belichick signing Tebow.

What some fail to realize is that I am entitled to my opinion as long as I am not insulting others.

You are entitled to an opinion. You aren't entitled to express it anywhere you like, or in any manner in which you like. Those are two entirely different things.

I have no problem with people of faith. I've got my own faith. Most of my friends are people of faith, including a couple of ordained ministers. Love 'em.

I have a big problem with people of faith who evangelize, i.e. try to convince other people to believe as they do. It is the ultimate act of arrogance, to believe that what you believe is better than what someone else believes, simply because of an accident of birth and circumstance.

It has directly caused, or been a major factor in, most of the war in the world, as well as the justification for most of the environmental damage done to the planet.

So while you see yourself as legitimate in bringing your stuff here, your very presence is upsetting to me.

And I do pray now that Tebow is cut so that this stuff will just all go away from what had been a place of safety (this board) from the world's real problems and issues.

Fair enough. But I disagree. Any member of the 53 is a contributor. You mentioned him, somewhat disparagingly as a "scout team QB". Considering how much mobile QBs are becoming a factor in the NFL and considering the fact that Brady and Mallett are about as mobile as my Granny, I think this might be more important than you think. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it could be the main reason for Belichick signing Tebow.

It could be the reason why Tebow was signed. There are a number of reasons why Tebow could have been signed. He may have been signed because he was suppose to babysit Hernandez for all we know.

What I do know is that I would rather spend a roster slot that may actually play on Sundays.

Tebow will not be playing on Sundays unless he learns some roles that place him on the field and as far as I am concerned, I would rather have a guy like Buchanan than Tebow if Buchanan demonstrates his ability to get to the quarterback. Having Tebow as the #3 quarterback is a pure luxury in every way, shape and form because we have Brady and Mallett.

As far as needing a scout team quarterback, I think of at least one guy who can fill that role who is expected to get more than his fair share of offensive snaps and touches (Edelman) as long as he stays healthy.

You are entitled to an opinion. You aren't entitled to express it anywhere you like, or in any manner in which you like. Those are two entirely different things.

I have no problem with people of faith. I've got my own faith. Most of my friends are people of faith, including a couple of ordained ministers. Love 'em.

I have a big problem with people of faith who evangelize, i.e. try to convince other people to believe as they do. It is the ultimate act of arrogance, to believe that what you believe is better than what someone else believes, simply because of an accident of birth and circumstance.

It has directly caused, or been a major factor in, most of the war in the world, as well as the justification for most of the environmental damage done to the planet.

So while you see yourself as legitimate in bringing your stuff here, your very presence is upsetting to me.

And I do pray now that Tebow is cut so that this stuff will just all go away from what had been a place of safety (this board) from the world's real problems and issues.

Well there are other players that I do like on the Patriots.For instance I have mad respect for Tom Brady and enjoy seeing him play. So in the unfortunate event that Tebow is cut I will still come here. I was expressing my opinion about Dennard and toward Dennard. If you don't like my posts than use the ignore function, it has been put there for a reason. If you want Tebow cut, than that is your opinion that you're entitled to. I have my opinion on 1 or 2 players that I want cut from the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes