PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dennard arrested for DUI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patsfaninva - I hope you get the help you need. It is wrong to take the Lord's name in vain.

You mean God's or Tebow's?

Was that prayer pre-determined or he he just hasn't met your performance standard?

Neither actually. In fact, I went the "In BB we trust" route when they signed him, and had a great time thinking it would be hilarious if he really proved of some value to the Pats, just to watch JEST fans cry about it. That was before I was really aware of the Tebowite phenomenon. I'm a cranky enough old bastard to begin with. To have them as a permanent feature of the fan base would simply be nauseating.

However, you may read into that "please God let Tebow prove my impression of his performance accurate and let him be cut for those performance reasons" if you like.

Kid can't throw and attracts maggots like rotting meat. Better?

:)

oh wow, I hope he get's counseling and turns his life around.

If a young man who drinks and got in fights when he is in college needs to 'turn his life around'? That's like, 99% of dudes in college, fyi.

If a young man who drinks and got in fights when he is in college needs to 'turn his life around'? That's like, 99% of dudes in college, fyi.

At least we're back to Dennard.
Brady6, please take your dialogs with the T cultists to PM :) Thanks!

You're giving too high a percentage to those in college who drink and get in fights. I am sure the percentage of those in college who drink and get in fights in college is much lower than your state percentage.

Either way I have no qualms with anyone who drinks as long as they don't go as far as get drunk, get in fights etc. Those who do, need to turn their life around and get counseling.

http://www.statisticbrain.com/college-student-alcohol-drinking-statistics/

College Student Drinking Statistics Data
Percent of people in America who drink alcohol 67 %
Percent of college graduates who drink alcohol 71 %
Percent of high school graduates who drink alcohol 58 %
Percent of college students who binge drink 44 %
Percent of college students that said "drinking to get drunk" is an important reason for drinking 48 %
Percent of all alcohol that college students reported drinking that was consumed by binge drinkers 91 %
Percent more likely that a college student who frequently binge drinks will miss classes 21 %
Number of college students annually who die from alcohol-related unintentional injuries 1,700
Percent of college students who reported driving after consuming 5 or more drinks 23 %
Number of students annually who are assaulted by someone who has been drinking 696,000
Percent of college students that met the criteria for alcohol abuse of dependency 19 %

The Student Perspective On College Drinking
small excerpt from article. click on article for more info.

Everybody Doesn’t Get Drunk

"Although a great deal of media attention has been focused on the problem of alcohol abuse in college, students pointed out that it would be erroneous to suggest that all college students drink or that all drink to get drunk. “I think one important thing to distinguish, is that even at the big parties, just because you’re there doesn’t necessarily mean you’re drinking,” said student 1. “A lot of times I go to our fraternity parties and don’t drink at all; I just go to hang out and I go to meet new people. You go to be social sometimes, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that you’re going to drink.”

Neither actually. In fact, I went the "In BB we trust" route when they signed him, and had a great time thinking it would be hilarious if he really proved of some value to the Pats, just to watch JEST fans cry about it. That was before I was really aware of the Tebowite phenomenon. I'm a cranky enough old bastard to begin with. To have them as a permanent feature of the fan base would simply be nauseating.

However, you may read into that "please God let Tebow prove my impression of his performance accurate and let him be cut for those performance reasons" if you like.

Kid can't throw and attracts maggots like rotting meat. Better?

:)

I disagree. Regardless Tebow is a winner.

Let's get real here. Dennard's an idiot. First he gets kicked out of the 2012 Capital One Bowl for fighting. Second, he gets into a fight with four cops three days before the 2012 NFL draft outside a bar, and third he gets picked up for drunk driving the week after Aaron Hernandez murders one of his friends.

Hello? Mr. Dennard? Anybody home?

Alshon Jeffery and Alfonzo Dennard Fight - YouTube

Ex-Husker Alfonzo Dennard arrested in cop assault - Omaha.com

Ex-Husker Alfonzo Dennard arrested in DUI case - Omaha.com

Prediction: Dennard will get arrested for something stupid involving alcohol the night before the Denver game.

Proves my point Dennard needs to turn his life around and get counseling. Also dare I say he needs Jesus as well. lol

I wish dennard well, but his behavior needs correcting.

well, for what it's worth. i'm hearing that the reason dennard straddled the lanes is because in lincoln there's a lot of late night bike riders. he also says he blew an .073 and passed the field sobiriety tests they gave him but they pulled him in anyway. we'll see what his lawyers can do with this.

Where did you get this scoop? I think they can arrest you even if you blow below the legal limit if they believe your impaired, something smells with this whole Dennard DUI thing, it'll be interesting to hear all the facts and see it play out.

Tebow may indeed be a winner. Of course, this has little to do with football. His talent as an NFL quarterback is marginal, although Belichick is certainly giving him the chance to try out for a job in the NFL, something no one else would do.

I disagree. Regardless Tebow is a winner.

Tebow may indeed be a winner. Of course, this has little to do with football. His talent as an NFL quarterback is marginal, although Belichick is certainly giving him the chance to try out for a job in the NFL, something no one else would do.

Sooner or later the "Brady is a better quarterback, but Tebow is a better person" will ensue.. even though we do not know all that much about Brady's personal life.

I do not dislike Tebow, but I really dislike how he is viewed by his diehard followers and their belief in their moral superiority..

I suspect that Tebow agrees with you.

...but I really dislike how he is viewed by his diehard followers and their belief in their moral superiority..

Proves my point Dennard needs to turn his life around and get counseling. Also dare I say he needs Jesus as well. lol

If he were to find Allah or Buddha and it worked for him, would you be ok with that?

^^ bingo!! You have un-masked the egregious anti-Christian bigotry that has infested this board.

^^ bingo!! You have un-masked the egregious anti-Christian bigotry that has infested this board.
The only correct part of that one you nailed is the bigotry angle.

If you are going to evangelize, at least have the guts to do it without hiding behind the "LOL." It turns it into a drive-by.

This is clearly very comparable to the Dennard situation. Thank you for bringing this extremely relevant information to this topic.

I will type s...l...o...w...l...y so even you can perhaps comprehend. OUI can result in unanticipated consequences. It raises significantly the probability of a very bad outcome. Once again, it's not to be taken lightly.

I will type s...l...o...w...l...y so even you can perhaps comprehend. OUI can result in unanticipated consequences. It raises significantly the probability of a very bad outcome. Once again, it's not to be taken lightly.

Aaahhh and there's the ad hominem right on cue. At least you're sticking to the outrageously predictable script that MADD and their ilk stick to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back