PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Demaryius Thomas cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Thomas still has his 4.38 speed he can offer another dimension that Harry can’t give us.

Thomas is a possession receiver, not a speedster.

BREAKING: DT back in town...

41e93add-dab2-46e4-bdaf-1d75996359dc-jpeg.23998

Liar

That’s Gronk and anyone who follows football knows it.

Guys don't be shocked if the team waits until after week 1 when his contract will no longer be fully guaranteed.

Guys don't be shocked if the team waits until after week 1 when his contract will no longer be fully guaranteed.
His salary is just over $1mm. I guess you would do it if you weren't going to play him. Other than that, why bother for that amount of $?

Liar

That’s Gronk and anyone who follows football knows it.

Wrong.. Gronk has lost a lot of weight. This guy hasn't.

Wrong.. Gronk has lost a lot of weight. This guy hasn't.

Wrong, Gronk started burning and munching a couple months back, now he’s clearly back to his playing weight. It also explains his dreadlocks.

Ok since everyone is all sad...

The pats cut DT because he is a vested veteran with over 4 years of NFL experience. That means that when cut he is not subject to the waiver process and immediately becomes a UFA - that's an Unrestricted Free Agent BTW....meaning he can sign with any team at any time.

The reason they did this instead of keeping him on the roster is that it frees up a spot for a player that they can not do this with. Most likely one of their rookie players that they are still evaluating. If they cut one of these players they would probably lose them to another team since all teams will get a shot at him - in order of worst record of 2018 to best record of 2018. GO and Meyers would certainly be scooped up.

So what the Pats did is effectively increase their roster to 54 (technically 55 if you include Hoyer assuming they A. Want him back and B. Hoyer does not sign with another team. But this is another discussion)

So, the Pats now have a few days to evaluate an extra player or two for free. They can see if they are really worth keeping, or they can evaluate if this player needs to go to IR. Its just basically taking advantage of the rules. I am sure they told DT what they are doing and I am sure DT A. Respects BB and B. Wants his team to be the best team possible.

Its just smart personal management. They know what they have in DT. They still dont know what they have with a few other players or who really needs to go on IR etc.

He also had a contract tailor-made for that kind of move, with no guaranteed money.

I had thought Hoyer would get this treatment, but a closer look at his contract makes me think that wasn't really feasible.

I don't think that is the reason why he is not on the team. To save $.

What we don’t know is how DTs injury responded to playing Thursday.
He could have taken a step back and is in an unofficial 2 week IR.
We should know by tomorrow because if he is going to play this week he will need to be at practice. If he isnt ready to play this week this could be drawn out

I don't think anyone is sad that we cut DT with the intention of re-signing him.

We're sad that you personally attack other posters' fandom and intelligence on a regular basis.

Bingo.

They may be letting DT heal. Is is possible his Achilles acted up a bit after game 4. That was the first time he played in a while.

They have a free PUP with no restrictions at all. Why not use it?

Anyway, he ain’t coming back after Olszcewski goes 7 catches for 127 yds and 2 TDS this week against Pitt, starts dating super models and hitting the late night talk show circuit. :D

They may be letting DT heal. Is is possible his Achilles acted up a bit after game 4. That was the first time he played in a while.

They have a free PUP with no restrictions at all. Why not use it?
You can’t put a player after he practiced.

What we don’t know is how DTs injury responded to playing Thursday.
He could have taken a step back and is in an unofficial 2 week IR.
We should know by tomorrow because if he is going to play this week he will need to be at practice. If he isnt ready to play this week this could be drawn out
This.

He even said he has good days/bad days. Maybe it took everything he had to get ready to play last Thurs and it's not sustainable.

I think they want to give DT time to heal and JE, JG, Meyers and maybe even Gunnar maximum time with Tom.

For all we know JG could crash and Meyers and Gunnar could pull a Sudfield and flame out vs starting caliber NFL defenses.

You can’t put a player after he practiced.
No ****. But you can take a little time with a UFA waiting in the wings to resign. Its like he is doing rehab without any restrictions.

My point wasnt obvious?

This.

He even said he has good days/bad days. Maybe it took everything he had to get ready to play last Thus,

I think they want to give DT time to heal and JE, JG, Meyers and maybe even Gunnar maximum time with Tom.

For all we know JG could crash and Meyers and Gunnar could pull a Sudfield and flame out vs starting caliber NFL defenses.
Well we arent going to be seeing gunner and meyers against starters unless we have a bunch of injuries.

No ****. But you can take a little time with a UFA waiting in the wings to resign. Its like he is doing rehab without any restrictions.

My point wasnt obvious?
No. You basically repeated what I said then said they had a pup to use.

Well we arent going to be seeing gunner and meyers against starters unless we have a bunch of injuries.
Yea. Reps in practice is more my thinking.

Might see 4WR but only a handful of times.

No. You basically repeated what I said then said they had a pup to use.
I did not see your post first of all.

Secondly I know how PUP works - just go look at my 100 posts about it and other rules.

Also, Anyone who was not looking for an argument would have gotten my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News