PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Demaryius Thomas cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the delay? Perhaps, they haven’t decided which player is most in need of being put on IR, and they’re delaying the decision as long as possible to make the right decision. Why IR Harry when he can be participating fully in four weeks when Calhoun’s full recovery may take nine weeks, or vice versa? Test them in a couple of practices and see how they respond. Most likely, they will not start installing the game plan until Wednesday, so what’s the hurry.

I hope they announce something soon...I already reached the quota for Gunner related posts today.

That was a long time ago, but maybe it hints to him not going to IR

Chris Hogan produced roughly the same last year as he did in previous years. He's a WR3/4 that was asked to play WR1/2.

537f5592bc9c317b0b7d91f08c64bd92.png

It's hard to say 2017 was like the others when he did it in just over half the games.

Chris Hogan produced roughly the same last year as he did in previous years. He's a WR3/4 that was asked to play WR1/2.

I think when Hogan came here the expectation was he was going to develop into more, then he went off in the playoffs in 2016 and was looking ready to step up before the shoulder injury in 17.

After that he never seemed the same player.

I got the feeling he was on the field a lot more and also he was targeted more. Maybe I am wrong. Any stats on that?

If so, then I would be right to say he was disappointing but your point also stands that maybe he was asked to step up and couldn't.

It's hard to say 2017 was like the others when he did it in just over half the games.

Yes but i said "Roughly" Look at 2014, 15, 16 and 18.

I got the feeling he was on the field a lot more and also he was targeted more. Maybe I am wrong. Any stats on that?

If so, then I would be right to say he was disappointing but your point also stands that maybe he was asked to step up and couldn't.

Yeah I think they were hoping he would step up when Julian missed the 1st 4 games and continue in that direction. He doesn't have the skills to continually get separation from a CB1.

profootballreference.com has all those stats.

I suspect that Belichick may be deciding which player(s) to put on IR. As of yesterday, we were speculating about more than one.

That was a long time ago, but maybe it hints to him not going to IR

When asked that question, Belichick usually says something like, "How should I know. I'm not a doctor. Ask the medical staff." So this is a good sign.

If BB wants Thomas in the game on Sunday night, then he will need to participate is some practices for this game, presumably starting on Tuesday or Wednesday. There is no NEED for an IR transaction to open a roster spot before then.

Hard to tell when he really knows things and is speculating based on his time here,

He knows things mostly. Sometimes he doesn’t really say.

Ok I got a dislike because Chris was asked to be a WR1/2 or stats are similar for years 2014, 15, 16 and 18? Sometimes you wonder if people are disagreeing with facts, what was said...or just having a bad day.

He had the chance to step up when tasked with wr1-2 duty, but failed to do so. He is a wr3/4. This data set confirms it and it is why he was let go. You likely got a dislike because while playing 7 more games in 2018 than in 2017 he only gained 100 more yards, that is “significant” in terms of productivity, not “roughly”, especially given that he was asked to be the primary wr.

I feel like we’re all holding our breath for DT to come back and then he will and we will all be so psyched and then he’ll stink/get hurt.

And I’m the forum optimist BTW.

I feel like we’re all holding our breath for DT to come back and then he will and we will all be so psyched and then he’ll stink/get hurt.

He could be Super Bowl MVP and I think there’s a few forum pessimist who will say he stunk.

I feel that he is sure to disappoint the vast majority of Pats fans because for some reason people have a notion that he’s a big playmaker and deep threat like Gordon, which may have been true five years ago but isn’t now. I think he’s at best a platoon type of WR who is mixing in snaps with Dorsett and Meyers. More of a solid reliable guy who can be counted on to occasionally get open lacks burst and athleticism (at this point in his career).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe