Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should QBs get to throw the ball any way they like it?

• Yes

Votes: 82 70.1%
  • No the ball should be one way for everybody

Votes: 35 29.9%

• Total voters
Apologies for being incorrect, WM.

I had only seen the links provided by the local media today, which pointed to his comments from 11/30.

That is the link that I included in my post from the comments of Phil Simms, which is what many are meshing with today's news. Hence the confusion.

Here is yet another link that is posted on the main forum page, which alludes to the comments from 11/30: http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2015/01/according_to_cbs_aaron_rodgers.html
No worries. Probably healthier to stay out of the loop with this circus anyways.

Oh wow 83 Pages now, leave me no choice.

10451890_10204872727313249_9177508564687171167_n.jpg

I don't believe the term "employed the services of the media" is too appropriate here.

A "source" broke the story to the reporter from Indy (Kavitz, I believe is his name), who then used social media to pass it on. There is zero accountability for social media--none whatsoever.

I can't see how the Colts did anything wrong, or would be considered for doing anything wrong?

Hopefully, the NFL is just doing their due diligence and we'll be exonerated--but no, I don't think many are expecting anything to be placed on Indy, as I don't see any reason for such a thing. As we've seen before, nothing ever comes from bringing the attention to the league, even if you're wrong. Sad, but true.
I would not be shocked if the NFL does not allow teams to comment on investigations. I suspect Irsay phoning his reporter buddy to start unsubstantiated rumors probably breaks a rule. Maybe not, but hardly seems professional.

Oh wow 83 Pages now, leave me no choice.

10451890_10204872727313249_9177508564687171167_n.jpg
Out of research curiosity, are you and fellow 12-men-on-the-field-penalty Seahawks fans talking much about this nonsense? Or are you more interested in how Seattle matches up with NE?

I don't believe the term "employed the services of the media" is too appropriate here.

A "source" broke the story to the reporter from Indy (Kavitz, I believe is his name), who then used social media to pass it on. There is zero accountability for social media--none whatsoever.

I can't see how the Colts did anything wrong, or would be considered for doing anything wrong?

Hopefully, the NFL is just doing their due diligence and we'll be exonerated--but no, I don't think many are expecting anything to be placed on Indy, as I don't see any reason for such a thing. As we've seen before, nothing ever comes from bringing the attention to the league, even if you're wrong. Sad, but true.

Kravitz stated he was made aware by a "longstanding/reliable source", ostensibly within the Colts organization. Who else could be that source (so soon after the game) other than a member of the Colts or the NFL itself?? Bottom line: I think we have a systemic issue within the NFL ranks itself. Nobody should...or would...go to the media with the NFL's internal business....unless they have an agenda.

A more reasonable option is to stop letting teams supply their own balls and have the NFL do it. That way they dont have to worry about over or under inflated balls that they need to inspect.

Exactly. They used to, but Peyton petitioned the league and they changed it because players didn't like the stiffness of the new balls. So they relaxed the rule for the reason that we are actually be accused of breaking. 99.3% of the idiots that watch football have no clue. They buy a jersey and go rah rah and believe whatever Jim Rome says.

Out of research curiosity, are you and fellow 12-men-on-the-field-penalty Seahawks fans talking much about this nonsense? Or are you more interested in how Seattle matches up with NE?
At first yeah, but it died off pretty quickly the day after.

Mostly discussing the match ups like Gronk vs Chancellor, Sherm/Thomas's health etc...

A more reasonable option is to stop letting teams supply their own balls and have the NFL do it. That way they dont have to worry about over or under inflated balls that they need to inspect.
They already check the balls. I don't see any reason to think that if the refs can't be trusted to check the balls the Patriots give them they can be trusted to check the balls the league office gives them. It's not like they come from the factory inflated correctly.

There is no "matchup". The Patriots will not be allowed to focus on this game. The country demands blood and Goodell will give it to them. First shutout in Super Bowl history maybe? If I owned the Pats I'd remove the team from league play until this scumbag ,Goodell, is finally removed. This "story" is so contrived, so transparent in its' intent that one would have to be a total fool to believe there's any level field here.

There is no "matchup". The Patriots will not be allowed to focus on this game. The country demands blood and Goodell will give it to them. First shutout in Super Bowl history maybe? If I owned the Pats I'd remove the team from league play until this scumbag ,Goodell, is finally removed. This "story" is so contrived, so transparent in its' intent that one would have to be a total fool to believe there's any level field here.

Can you imagine what would happen if Kraft says **** it to the 2015 season ? the loss of income to the NFL alone would be huge.

i can only see this whole **** storm getting worse before the SB

I am confident and relieved that the team isn't jumping at shadows like this. It's pretty obvious that the players are part-oblivious/part-don't-give-a-damn, with maybe a dash of resenting such talk: they are being linked with the signal-theft ********, which only Brady and Vince were even around for. The team just needs to prepare, which they will. ****ting themselves won't stop the Super Bowl from being played. Certainly won't help them win it.

That said, MISTER KRAFT should actually stick up for his franchise, esp. the HC and QB who are most responsible for his prosperity.

FWIW , reddit fans have fun trashing rosenburg and company

http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/2t254k/breakdown_of_si_cheating_article_and_shows_how/

from a vikings fan

Vikingsagnostic_penguin 97 points 5 hours ago

Yeah, the media have been having to bend backwards further than usual lately to fulfill the "evil, bad guy" narrative on the Patriots. What exactly have the Patriots done that's so ****ing awful? Enforce a demeanor of professionalism and competence throughout their organization? Not say stupid **** in front of a camera on a regular basis?

Why do people hate Tom Brady? Can anyone who hates him give me a list of reasons that aren't saturated with jealousy and self-loathing? And, Bill Belichick? Yeah, what a piece of a ****. Seriously, the hatred people have is just as ignorant as it is insane.

NE is one of the most hated teams in sports, but it consistently gives you the fewest tangible reasons to justify that hatred (unless you're a fan of another AFC East team). There are teams that give you PLENTY of reasons to dislike what they do, as players and an organization. Focusing on an organization that is doing most things right just comes across as petty, jealous, and sad.

I've stopped buying the media narrative. It's clueless and ignorant, and served only to feed other ignorant fans' jealous rage-filled inferiority complexes. But now it's not even pretending to be a legitimate, fact-based argument. I've had enough.

Go Patriots.​

Can you imagine what would happen if Kraft says **** it to the 2015 season ? the loss of income to the NFL alone would be huge.

i can only see this whole **** storm getting worse before the SB
lol okay.

Did you guys become fans yesterday? The Patriots had an undefeated season in the wake of accusations much worse than the right PSI. BB will rein them in and focus on the task at hand; navigating the noise might be his best asset outside the Xs and Os. And yet you people are having fantasies of a interleague rebellion. Ha.

This whole thing is a joke. Jealous people will look for any reason to knock a great team like the Pats off their pedestal.

This should be a non-story, yet it's one of the biggest headlines this week. The game was 45-7. Anyone dumb enough to think the (alleged) deflated balls played even a minuscule part in the outcome of the game is not worth giving the time of day.

That's a terrible article.

It's sad when you not only have to root for the games, but also have to root for the exoneration of your accused team. Really pisses me off. We should be enjoying the prospect of the SB more than we are.

Hopefully, things go back to being normal again--although I'm not counting on it.
But the win will be so much better knowing how pissed off all the haters will be, Im choosing to embrace the hate

I can't wait till this is over. I like to listen to sports radio at my work site. It's NY's "The Fan". (I know, buts it's all I got). Craig Carton was actually not bad. A woman called (among many others), saying TB should be thrown out of the league. He's a bad influence on her grandkids. "Because he's cheated so many times". Carton tore her a new one. But Evan and Roberts went on all day (as well as their callers) about how many times BB cheated. Taping practices and walk throughs, bending and breaking rules...etc. Saying BB "is" cheating again. On and on, I think I heard the word "allegedly" once. Every caller is convinced we "cheated again". The Host's and callers really have no clue of what really happened. No matter what this come out as, it will be added as fact to list of rules broken. Francesa was the worst. I truly hate him. He's been going on for days about how it's BBs fault that he is always under scrutiny from being a repeat offender. This is a big deal IMO and will glad when it's over. The whole thing is a joke. I'm sure most teams manipulate the pressure a bit. We really need to start calling foul when other teams "bend" rules that most teams do and consider trivial. Turn the table. We are a marked team, and need to expose the exposers. Ok, I'm done with my rant. Bring on dislikes.:rolleyes:
Someone should ask him if the Giants SB's BB won as DC there are legit?

It will be a interesting "media day" for the patriots.
A lot of reporters who couldn't give two poops about the NFL or sports in general will be there.
And all they know is "Patriots deflating football they are cheaters" and will blow up this question a million times to bill and brady.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back