Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should QBs get to throw the ball any way they like it?

• Yes

Votes: 82 70.1%
  • No the ball should be one way for everybody

Votes: 35 29.9%

• Total voters
Am i the only one pissed off that belichick has been mum on this deflate-gate? I dont like his approach

What would you like him to do?
Contrary to media and social media no one has said anything wrong was done.

Am i the only one pissed off that belichick has been mum on this deflate-gate? I dont like his approach
He has a Super Bowl to prepare for. His time would be better spent with that than alleviating the insecurities of his fanbase, don't you think?

Besides, BB is no fool. He knows he could bring a bag of every football the Patriots have used since 2000 to his next press conference, proudly declare his team innocent, and every Patriots-hater in the nation would find a way to construe it as suspicious. "WELL WHY DID HE GO TO SO MUCH TROUBLE, EH?" Who gives a damn? No rational arguments matter. Let people have their ***********.

Has Jackson himself actually come out and said he noticed something with the ball? I could of swore yesterday i seen where he said he didn't notice anything with the ball, than a few hours later he was supposedly the source that this started.

Goodell on spygate: "No advantage gained". Didn't change a lot of minds.

I doubt the results of this investigation will either. Whatever. Why do we need validation from haters?
Who cares what haters think.

Our team is in the Super Bowl and their team (unless it's the Seahawks) is not. That is really all that matters. Scoreboard.

Aaron Rodgers is going off on his preference for football air (lol) on his weekly radio show right now. Reiss is RTing many of the bits from his colleague in Green Bay, check it out on the feed.

Summary of what he's saying?

Wow. Aaron Rodgers comments being RTed by Mike Reiss are really putting things in perspective. Refs deflate balls all the time, per the GB QB. Peyton Manning critical in letting QBs rub their balls down (I should really work on re-phrasing that, but I'm not).

What a fu*king joke dog & pony show. NFL just wants to give the appearance of due diligence over a non-issue to appease the crazies.

Basically that refs take air out of his balls and he thinks (conveniently, I might add) that there should be a minimum but not a maximum.

Rodgers can go F himself, he's trying to get away with an illegal ball that is to his liking, if he gets away with it there's no difference.

Rodgers can go F himself, he's trying to get away with an illegal ball that is to his liking, if he gets away with it there's no difference.

Yes, but if people/media weren't so bullheaded, his comments would only make light of the whole situation and reveal the Patriots are once again the focus of undue criticism.

Basically that refs take air out of his balls and he thinks (conveniently, I might add) that there should be a minimum but not a maximum.

I wouldn't be so critical of him; is he defending himself backhandedly? Yes. Can't really blame him either. But him giving this situation so much context, and pointing out how he dislikes the way the ball pressure is handled to begin with, kind of shreds the notion that this is some UNTOUCHABLE STANDARD that the Patriots HAVE TARNISHED (assuming they even did anything). Important.

The funny thing is, the longer this goes on, the more of a joke it's becoming.

Now that NFL golden boy Aaron "Discount Double Check" Rodgers has been outted as a perennial "ball deflater", it's going to get even better. I will say though, I do respect him even more now for pretty much speaking out and calling this "scandal" what it is: a joke.

But on the other side, it's letting all the media idiots come out to play. When stooges like Michael Wilbon are calling for the AFC crown to be vacated, it's time to shut this down. I love how people just glance over the fact that the Pats won the game by 38 points...for the second time this year. When there's blood in the water, the sharks will swarm, I guess.

What a freakin' joke.

What is the "chain of custody" after the interception, to a coach and then to an official?? Was there a time delay or could someone else have touched it prior to it getting to the official..

This is the problem. Who is to say whoever on the colts side didn't release some air from the ball?

Sorry if I don't take the word of a team that has a drug abusing idiot of an owner.

This is the team that undoubtedly tanked a season for the #1 pick.

Just really wouldn't put it past them to have this all ready to be a thing before the game and they were just looking for a spot in the game to start the issue.

there's nothing here.....just like there was nothing there last week..........but they won't stop trying......

its awesome watching the lowest faction of humanity (media) prance around as though they have morals.........it is hilarious.

the only investigation going on is trying to put together the right words to shut these morons up

yawn.....
Basically agree as long as it's not affecting the mentality of the team negatively. We have a game to play. And if we win that game, Roger, Irsay and all the haters can go sit on a big, fat, bildo.

Basically:

-Rodgers is asked about the Deflate story. Rodgers says "I have a major problem with the way it goes down (meaning the official procedure with the balls and pressure). Majority of the time the referees take air out of the ball."

-Says "Majority of the QBs like it on the flatter side. My belief is there should be a minimum air pressure requirement but not a maximum." --This is going to be interpreted as piling on the Patriots, but I don't think so. He's obviously rooting for his preference, but there's also a common sense thing here (i.e. you need a minimum requirement or else you don't have a football...).

-Says a flatter football might be an advantage for someone with smaller hands; otherwise, no real advantages to messing with inflation.

-Notes how most QBs don't like the new footballs, and how Peyton was instrumental in getting the process changed.

--Again, he's not rushing to the Patriots defense, nor would I expect him too. His team just had a horrible loss, why's he gonna bother saving the Patriots. But he's not throwing on the dirt from my point of view either. Quite the contrary. One thing about Rodgers is he'll speak his mind about things in the league he dislikes. This is an example.

Rodgers himself says that refs deflate balls all the time. Hmmm

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back