Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should QBs get to throw the ball any way they like it?

• Yes

Votes: 82 70.1%
  • No the ball should be one way for everybody

Votes: 35 29.9%

• Total voters
Bob Kraft is an unwitting accomplice to the further tarnishing of the Pats' brand.

Check!
I don't want to rehash this whole thing, but what do you expect him to do, and how would anything he did today affect his brand?
The only people the brand is tarnished to are people who would consider the brand tarnished if they were told they charge $10 a beer at Gillette.

Haven't read through all the pages I'm sure its been said but why on earth is it taking this long with this investigation? No way it should be taking this long. This is absolutely ridiculous.

• Agree
Reactions: ALP
Look everyone, another whiner here: http://nesn.com/2015/01/michael-wil...ose-super-bowl-spot-if-guilty-in-deflategate/

“The Patriots franchise is on probation as far as I’m concerned, from Spygate,” Wilbon said on Monday’s show, according to Boston.com. “If you’re a cheater, and you’re a multiple time cheater, I would say to the New England Patriots, ‘You know what we’re going to do? If this is found to be true, like today, tomorrow, the next 72 hours, the next three days, you know what? You’re forfeiting your spot in the Super Bowl. We’re vacating it. Get out! You’re a cheater, you’re a lying franchise.'”

What a fool.

Petty, petty, petty...
tom-petty-facepalm-o.gif

Haven't read through all the pages I'm sure its been said but why on earth is it taking this long with this investigation? No way it should be taking this long. This is absolutely ridiculous.

Appearances after the Rice fiasco, Goodell's job is safe for now, but another failure within a calendar year wouldn't be good for him.

Sorry if this link is in the obscenely huge deflate gate thread
http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/rodgers-told-cbs-he-tries-overinflate-footballs

During the game, CBS play-by-play man Jim Nantz asked partner Phil Simms about the ball pressure favored by Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers. It added a new wrinkle to the ball discussion.

“(Rodgers) said something [that] was unique,” Simms revealed. "[Rodgers said] 'I like to push the limit to how much air we can put in the football, even go over what they allow you to do and see if the officials take air out of it.' Because he thinks it’s easier for him to grip. He likes them tight.”

The scrutiny on the Patriots will now -- presumably -- extend to the Packers’ practices.​

Not enough people are taking dumps on the patriots logo, and Kraft hasn't really stepped up to the plate and said "are you ****ing kidding me with this ******** nonstory?"

Actually I'm sort of happy about it. The players might have been happy, but now they need to win one more game to shut everyone up.

This is an issue because this has gone on for 3 days . Had the league done it quickly , it would been long forgotten.But the league now is overcompensating for its past quick and hasty decisions instead of looking at things in case by case basis.

Let's hope I'm right, it still sucks that Mr. Kraft is leaving us fans out to dry for the good of the "shield".

It hopefully works out in the teams favor, where it pisses them off but it isnt a serious enough allegation to stress them out like the BS Ram's walkthrough taping lie.

I despise the NFL, the Pats are the only reason I still watch this WWE circus.
I think folks underestimate Kraft. He wont do anything to draw more attention to this rubbish. He'll work the situation behind the scenes and use his political leverage when appropriate - at the same time not risk giving the morons the appearance that he is calling in favors to get this nonsense swept under the rug.

The point is letting the team get smeared without any response makes things that are untrue become fact in the minds of the public.
There will be a response. Most likely it will be the league COMMENTING FOR THE FIRST TIME to say there was nothing done wrong by the Patriots.
What public are you talking about? The only people who have concluded anything yet are Patriot haters. Do we care about them? What could you expect Kraft to say to change their mind?
Everyone without an agenda is waiting for the facts. Those with an agenda would either still be going full force or would just be back to the illegal formations and spygate.

Yes in the end who cares what anyone thinks, but also who cares about who wins a piece of metal at the end of a game where people tackle each other for an hour.
I don't think 'who cares what anyone thinks' but certainly who cares what morons who are lynching the Pats without facts think.

If anyone says they don't care what other people think they can ignore all pre and post game coverage, watch the game with the sound turned down, and don't even think about football until the draft.

What the sports viewing public thinks is critical, otherwise why even let people in to see, or broadcast the games.

What the public thinks about this is everything. The games are played for the public.

It only matters if NE did something to the balls after they were checked in with the refs.

And even then, there were teams that did do something to the balls afterward this season, and nothing came of it.

I'm thinking it was the fact Jackson made the INT that got him thinking something was up. I'm sure the entire Colts secondary was looking at each other wondering how on earth their pathetic defense actually made a play, especially in that game.
Shows how dumb the Colts defense is. Those balls are deflated causing errant interceptions by Brady. Let's tell coach to get those balls out of play!

There will be a response. Most likely it will be the league COMMENTING FOR THE FIRST TIME to say there was nothing done wrong by the Patriots.
What public are you talking about? The only people who have concluded anything yet are Patriot haters. Do we care about them? What could you expect Kraft to say to change their mind?
Everyone without an agenda is waiting for the facts. Those with an agenda would either still be going full force or would just be back to the illegal formations and spygate.

I don't think 'who cares what anyone thinks' but certainly who cares what morons who are lynching the Pats without facts think.
I agree that will happen and that he is probably back channeling things. I guess I shouldn't say Mr. Kraft is hanging us out to dry, we have to see his response when this thing shakes out. That was more out of frustration for what happened in the past.

I guess what I WOULD like was for him to put significant pressure on the league to get this resolved quickly, but I understand that he has a duty to the shield to make sure this investigation appears thorough and not swept under the rug.

The waiting is just terrible, we should all be excited about our team and talking about the matchup. Instead we're talking about PV=nRT and physics.

well wilbon got what he wanted...more airtime to promote

Sadly most of our media hates our team enough to not hard on these clowns.
Actually, Kirk has got the "balls" to hit him hard. He can be irritating but he's begun to grow on me. He's not afraid to stand up and take anyone on. I can respect that approach, albeit at times may be a bit misguided. (Erin Andrews thing was a bit much).

I'm betting with some time to set it up he'll put his feet to the flame. He did pretty good with Rosenberg on the fly.

Aaron Rodgers is going off on his preference for football air (lol) on his weekly radio show right now. Reiss is RTing many of the bits from his colleague in Green Bay, check it out on the feed.

Am i the only one pissed off that belichick has been mum on this deflate-gate? I dont like his approach

This is an issue because this has gone on for 3 days . Had the league done it quickly , it would been long forgotten.But the league now is overcompensating for its past quick and hasty decisions instead of looking at things in case by case basis.

It actually hasn't even been 48 hours since the game ended.
Given that yesterday was MLKJ Day, a holiday the league recognizes, it really hasn't been long at all.
Considering that the league should do a thorough investigation (we would kill them for it if they didn't) I'm not sure how it could be done so quickly.
It would seem there are a number of steps involved.
1) Getting the complaint from Indy
2) Interview people lodging the complaint and getting their story and facts
3) It starts with the referees so they must determine what was done with the balls pregame.
4) They must inspect the balls.
5) They must interview the referees (who have full time jobs all over the country) as to what they saw or didn't
6) If there is any reason to suspect the Patriots did anything untoward, they must meet with BB, maybe Kraft, maybe the actually ball boy
7) They must analyze the findings at whichever points they have a possible conclusion, and I'm sure that entails at least half a dozen NFL employees meeting
8) They must discuss their finding with the Colts
9) They must discuss their findings with the Pats

This isnt a 5 minute deal.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick