Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should QBs get to throw the ball any way they like it?

• Yes

Votes: 82 70.1%
  • No the ball should be one way for everybody

Votes: 35 29.9%

• Total voters
Would someone with a twitter account PLEASE send the link to the NFL rulebook that Belichick Fan has provided?

This guy's comments aren't even making any sense, talking about "balls being weighed in the middle of the game, etc."
weighing a ball is a great way to tell how much pressure it has... o_O

guy is a freaking assnapkin

From his twitter account I can see that this clown is a sports "writer" in Indianapolis. Aside from what other posters have mentioned about the responsibility of balls belonging to the NFL refs and league equipment guys, if these hick ass *****es knew anything about physics they would know that temperature and contact with the footballs can cause slight variance to the weights of the footballs. But that's not the main point, because the point would be the fact that under inflated football actually gives you a better grip on the football. Even with a better grip in the rain Andrew Luck went 12/33 for 126 yards and 2 picks with no TDs. Hilton, Wayne, Moncrief and Nicks combined had 2 catches on 12 targets. The soft ass Colts had no chance against this defense with this stout secondary. You had your Super Bowl last week beating the donkies and you had a good season (because you are in a weak division). This sorry excuse of a writer Kravitz had to make something out of nothing to shift focus from tonight's beat-down, and the fact the four times that Andrew Luck faced the patriots the Colts scored fewer and fewer points each time.

One idiot from Indy trying to blow something up shouldn't qualify as a story.

God...the age of social media is ridiculous.

ANyone can say anything..and then it's true to 50,000 idiots

Oh joy. Even if the balls were in perfect condition, this is just going to repeated over and over as fact.

Swear to God if I wake up seeing this as the headline tomorrow morning...

If this was really an issue, wouldn't it have come up during the game? I'd presume that a pro football player could tell pretty quickly if a ball was over or under inflated. Wouldn't Luck or Fleener or Herron or the center have noticed if the balls felt "off" compared to other games/practices and mentioned it to the officials?

Swear to God if I wake up seeing this as the headline tomorrow morning...

There has to be some common sense that will shine through. A report from the league, a clarification from the refs, etc.

Like I said, I'd be interested in seeing what the original guy from Indy had to say when faced with the rulebook protocol, but I don't have a twitter account--and really don't want one.

Giardi re-tweeted this, so why the hell hasn't he done some legwork on it and posted some followup?

And don't tell me about the time, because this crap is only about an hour old, so time should be a non-factor.

Oh joy. Even if the balls were in perfect condition, this is just going to repeated over and over as fact.

WAit until Ray Lewis rant on this. Will make you want to drive to Bristol and "get off murder" as well

One idiot from Indy trying to blow something up shouldn't qualify as a story.

God...the age of social media is ridiculous.
The sad part is that everyone is going to run with it regardless of what the league says which is what pisses me off

Like I said, I'd be interested in seeing what the original guy from Indy had to say when faced with the rulebook protocol, but I don't have a twitter account--and really don't want one.
I tweeted it to him, doubt he will read it though.

If this was really an issue, wouldn't it have come up during the game? I'd presume that a pro football player could tell pretty quickly if a ball was over or under inflated. Wouldn't Luck or Fleener or Herron or the center have noticed if the balls felt "off" compared to other games/practices and mentioned it to the officials?

That's what I'm saying.

This has got to be some of the worst game of "telephone" ******** that I've seen in awhile.

If there was really a problem with one of the balls, they'd have either chosen a new one or simply used one provided from Indy.

EDIT: "telephone" was a game that we'd play in preschool where you'd sit in a circle and whisper something in the person's ear sitting next to you. By the time the game was over the original message wouldn't be anything close to the end result.

I'm 39...cut me a break.

how would they even have access to the balls to deflate according to the rules?

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back