PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Definitely not an overreaction . . .

I really liked a few throws Mac had. His seam TD to Zuber, a couple of his throws on the move to Asiasi. He wasn't just throwing screens, he shows he's not afraid. Of course the sacks weren't great, but our 3rd string OL doesn't help at all, and he didn't have 2TE sets, or top WR's to work with. What's the status of Andrews anyway?

I watched last night for the first time.

Preseason isn't real football, but Mac isn't the answer if that game is the best he has.
Then you probably should refrain from commenting if you haven't seen the body of work.

He had some miscues and he got the sh*t end of the drive in the 2nd half with thr #2s while facing Giants #1 defense. Overall he had an efficient night 10 for 14 for 141 yards and a TD.

Thanks for the analysis @reamer....I'm liking what I'm seeing of Mac so far. He has a long way to go to be compared to Tom, but so far so good.

I think this thread has the potential to go downhill really fast with all the new front running, Tampa fans....so I'll monitor this to make sure this doesn't turn into a Bill vs Tom thread again.

Thanks for the analysis @reamer....I'm liking what I'm seeing of Mac so far. He has a long way to go to be compared to Tom, but so far so good.

I think this thread has the potential to go downhill really fast with all the new front running, Tampa fans....so I'll monitor this to make sure this doesn't turn into a Bill vs Tom thread again.

Thanks. This was purely for fun. Let's keep it lighthearted. :)

Has anyone noticed that Mac moves in the pocket like Brady but throws the ball very much like Peyton Manning?

Well that seals it. Our haters wont hit menopause for another 15 years

Mac Jones is Drew Bledsoe without the cannon.

Slow and holds the ball too long as if posing for a statue.
thats-bait-tom-hardy.gif

Love what I’ve seen from Mac.

If this were the regular season and playing with/against starters, I’d be jumping up and down that we have one of the most promising TB-clone prospects I can recall.

I’m going to temper those expectations a lot…but I am still optimistic.

Mac does seem to have that float the ball into the corner of the endzone that Brady never really had. Brady usually throws a nicer ball. It will be interesting to watch Mac grow and develop.

MAC JONES HAD ONE OF THE BEST PRESEASONS PFF HAS EVER SEEN

Jones closed out his first preseason in the NFL ranks with another quality performance. Once again, he made several accurate and anticipatory throws, just as he did at Alabama, and he made very few mistakes as a passer over three games.

Jones earned a 77.1 passing grade for his Week 3 game and a 92.2 mark overall for the preseason. The latter beat out Patrick Mahomes in 2017 for the best single-preseason passing grade by a rookie quarterback since PFF began tracking the games in 2013.

The first-year signal-caller led all quarterbacks this preseason in passing grade on 10-plus-yard throws, negatively graded throw rate and turnover-worthy play rate (0%). The rookie did everything he could to win the starting quarterback job, and the chances are that he'll be taking the reins in New England sooner rather than later.

This after winning the NCAA championship and setting the NCAA single season record for completion % and QBR

Don’t remember Bledsoe or Bradys rookie preseason but what Mac Jones has done so far is pretty darn good. I got high hopes for him and his future.
He looks better then any rookie QB (including Brady) that I've seen on the Patriots in my 40+ years as a fan.

Then you probably should refrain from commenting if you haven't seen the body of work.

He had some miscues and he got the sh*t end of the drive in the 2nd half with thr #2s while facing Giants #1 defense. Overall he had an efficient night 10 for 14 for 141 yards and a TD.
Like I stated, pre season is not a real QB barometer. In most games the opponent is not out to take off the QBs head.

Why didn't you post how many times Mac was sacked? How many times Mac held the ball far too long?

I'm not sold like all the Homer's on here that are pro Mac like they were with Stidham.

How many times Mac held the ball far too long?

Are you sure you're not referring to Cam? It's night and day between how long Cam holds the ball (a looong time) vs. Mac.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back