PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Death, Taxes, and the Cowboys sucking

Viper652

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
It's a beautiful thing since 1996

Reactions: PP2
Not that I think that it’s going to happen, but this is actually the best chance they have of beating us since the 2007 season.

The 2011 and 2015 games didn’t concern me in the slightest.

Dallas seems destined to remain in 8-8 purgatory until Jerry gets a new coach.

Not that I think that it’s going to happen, but this is actually the best chance they have of beating us since the 2007 season.

The 2011 and 2015 games didn’t concern me in the slightest.
Really? That 2011 game came down to a last minute TD for us.

But yeah, the Cowboys are way too talented to be 5-4. Underachieving again.

Really? That 2011 game came down to a last minute TD for us.
They were 8-8 that year. It always seemed like a given that NE would win. I remember the come from behind victory when Hernandez caught the TD, but going into the game I wasn’t concerned in the slightest.

Dallas seems destined to remain in 8-8 purgatory until Jerry gets a new coach.

Or Dallas gets a new owner.

Full Disclaimer: I will root for Dallas as long as their winning that game does NOT negatively affect New England. I do so only because Dallas was my late sister's team, she being a life-long fan of them. So I support them to honor her. But yeah, otherwise I have but one NFL team: new England.

Or Dallas gets a new owner.

Full Disclaimer: I will root for Dallas as long as their winning that game does NOT negatively affect New England. I do so only because Dallas was my late sister's team, she being a life-long fan of them. So I support them to honor her. But yeah, otherwise I have but one NFL team: new England.
I respect what you are doing to honor your sister.

Jason Garrett is the Jeff Fisher of Football Head Coaches.:rolleyes: They just made that Philly game much tougher for us Philly is playing for a win Dallas don't want the Division. Poor Jason Whitten.

And we are going to beat that star out of them.

They were 8-8 that year. It always seemed like a given that NE would win. I remember the come from behind victory when Hernandez caught the TD, but going into the game I wasn’t concerned in the slightest.

The gap between NE and the Cowboys is even larger this year. What makes you more concerned now ?

The gap between NE and the Cowboys is even larger this year. What makes you more concerned now ?
I’m not meaning to suggest that I’m overly concerned, just that this is the first time since 2007 where I’ve even pondered the possibility of them being able to hang in any way. I don’t think I’d agree that the gap is larger right now than in 2011 or 2015.

But if we’re discussing the matchup, their offense can put up 20-27 points in the right setting, as I think they were the top ranked offense in the league going into last night’s game. They have a dangerous RB, a mobile QB, and 3-4 solid receiving options. I would put them in the same conversation as teams like PHI, HOU, etc.

But if we’re discussing the matchup, their offense can put up 20-27 points in the right setting, as I think they were the top ranked offense in the league going into last night’s game. They have a dangerous RB, a mobile QB, and 3-4 solid receiving options.

Even if I think it is misguided I get that people are overreacting to how the team looked against the Ravens. Nothing has changed for me to think that this is a championship worthy defense especially against the more standard types of offenses. The Cowboys attack plays right into our strength.

And if they go away from the handful of things they are competent at to integrate some of the Ravens pistol stuff then even better because odds are they will screw it up more often than not AND give the defense more reps against similar looks.

Some are concerned that the Ravens "blueprint" will be used as inspiration by some of the upcoming opponents. I am actually giddy about that prospect. The more reps against similar looks we get the better the odds of being better prepared if the Ravens make it to Foxboro.

Back to the game.. I would be surprised if the Cowboys will score more than 13-17 points in this game and on the other hand I anticipate the Pats offense to be able to hit around 30 against them.

Given the next handful of opponents I was surprised anyone being hesitant about a mediocre Dallas team.

Given the next handful of opponents I was surprised anyone being hesitant about a mediocre Dallas team.
Like I mentioned, I’d put them in the same category as Philly or Houston. All three are games that we should see NE win, but all of the three have the ability to score. I’m not sure why you’d put them any lower than the Eagles or Texans offenses, considering the fact that they have better numbers than either of those teams?

Or maybe you’re just super confident about all of those games? I think it’s going to be a challenging 4 game stretch (5 if you count the Ravens game), where we should go 3-2, but it’s not out of the realm of possibility to see them split the next four, either. I expect wins of at least 7 points vs HOU and DAL.

The Cowboys don't bother me, it's Jerry Jones that I can't stand. I live in the Dallas area actually, and things can get pretty damn annoying around here

All three are games that we should see NE win, but all of the three have the ability to score. I’m not sure why you’d put them any lower than the Eagles or Texans offenses, considering the fact that they have better numbers than either of those teams?

The differences are a) the Cowboys game is at home and b) out of the next 4 games the Cowboys have the largest coaching disadvantage.

But as I said in the "the next 4 games thread" I actually expect a "relatively" easy 3-0 in the next three games where opponents are competitive until mid Q3 at best.

Jason Garrett is the Jeff Fisher of Football Head Coaches.:rolleyes: They just made that Philly game much tougher for us Philly is playing for a win Dallas don't want the Division. Poor Jason Whitten.

Garrett, or the "Clapper" as Lombardi likes to call him, is a Jerruh crony, a sycophant. He does whatever Jerruh "advises" him to do. He's a baker who's been given a bag of flour, a pint of orange juice, some baking soda, and a pinch of salt and is told to create a beautiful, glorious wedding cake.

No self-respecting, competent football HC will go anywhere near Jerruh.

Rumor has it that there was a confrontation between Jerruh and his son, because Jerruh really wanted to draft Johnny Manziel. His son, Stephen, confronted him, snatched the draft card and after a tense showdown the Cowboys ended up drafting Zack Martin (which worked out really well).

Jerruh then allegedly went on a rant about who really owned the Cowboys and who made them who they were (leaving out the fact that he hasn't won anything since firing Jimmy Johnson).

Yeah, sounds like the total ******* who praised the suspension of Brady, but went ballistic when his own QB got suspended for a much worse infraction.

SS5YEWWUGFEQLFLJHEAOQTIRNA.jpg

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back