PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Death, Taxes, and the Cowboys sucking

So will there be any surprise playoff teams in the NFC? Can the Rams or Panthers slip in? Looks like Dallas or Eagles, Green Bay, NO, Minn, SF and Seattle. Weird to be locked in already though.

Im happy for Jimmy Johnson.

Garrett is certainly no HC and will eventually be the scape goat, but Jerry is behind it all and will just hire another pigeon HC doomed to suffer the same fate as Garrett.

Or Dallas gets a new owner.

Full Disclaimer: I will root for Dallas as long as their winning that game does NOT negatively affect New England. I do so only because Dallas was my late sister's team, she being a life-long fan of them. So I support them to honor her. But yeah, otherwise I have but one NFL team: new England.

Same here.
My brother was the closest of my siblings until I lost him to ALS in 2008.
I keep the last Cowboys hat I bought him, that his wife gave back to me, on my mantle.

I have another brother and a few good friends who are Cowboys fan too.
So I root for them when it doesn't concern the Pats.

EDIT: I hate Jerry though.

Last edited:
Zeke got paid and guess what

So will there be any surprise playoff teams in the NFC? Can the Rams or Panthers slip in? Looks like Dallas or Eagles, Green Bay, NO, Minn, SF and Seattle. Weird to be locked in already though.
I can definitely see the Vikings,Rams and Panthers all fighting for the final wildcard in the NFC!

........ They just made that Philly game much tougher for us Philly is playing for a win Dallas don't want the Division. Poor Jason Whitten.

Wut???????...Philly was going to play hard this Sunday no matter what happened in the Dallas-Minny game. I assure you, they wouldn't be playing any less hard had Dallas won last night.

I'd be interested to see your reasoning there.

Cowboys were passing the ball so well on their 2nd to last drive and then ran right into the best part of the Vikings defense. Bad play calling. Bad coaching. That team has so much talent. It's a shame to waste it.

Last edited:
The differences are a) the Cowboys game is at home and b) out of the next 4 games the Cowboys have the largest coaching disadvantage.

But as I said in the "the next 4 games thread" I actually expect a "relatively" easy 3-0 in the next three games where opponents are competitive until mid Q3 at best.

Eh...if this were the 2014 or 2016 Pats I'd maybe agree. But no game is going to be "easy" for the 2019 team.

Eh...if this were the 2014 or 2016 Pats I'd maybe agree. But no game is going to be "easy" for the 2019 team.
By “no game is going to be easy,’” you mean the Pats won’t win by 20 pts on average going forward? I’d say you pissing your pants in every thread is starting to dilute the message you’re trying to leak.

Any game that has a 10+ pt lead going into the fourth quarter is what I consider "easy". And those are my expectations for the next three games.

But then again you were afraid of the Bills so no clue what your threshold for "easy" in professional football is.

By “no game is going to be easy,’” you mean the Pats won’t win by 20 pts on average going forward? I’d say you pissing your pants in every thread is starting to dilute the message you’re trying to leak.

I've been steadfast all along that this is still a SB contender. It's not as if I've made them out to be the Bengals. Point is their offensive performances makes it tough for me to believe they will beat good to great teams with "relative ease". That's not to mention how much parity exists in the league. For example, who expected the Titans and Dirty Birds to win yesterday? Who would've thunk that a high school caliber team would stun the Colts?

Any game that has a 10+ pt lead going into the fourth quarter is what I consider "easy". And those are my expectations for the next three games.

But then again you were afraid of the Bills so no clue what your threshold for "easy" in professional football is.

So you think the Pats will have at least a 10 point lead going into the 4th quarter against Philly, Dallas, Houston and KC? Okay than. Your opinion.

There's two "easy" games remaining: Bengals and Dolphins. Pending the Pats play starters against Miami, I expect to win by at least 17 in both.

the last cowboys super bowl dvd, I mean VHS

Attachments

• cowboys.jpg
    cowboys.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 2
So you think the Pats will have at least a 10 point lead going into the 4th quarter against Philly, Dallas, Houston and KC? Okay than. Your opinion.

There's two "easy" games remaining: Bengals and Dolphins. Pending the Pats play starters against Miami, I expect to win by at least 17 in both.

I see counting is also not your strength.

I am saying I expect the next three games to be those types of games. Whether randomness and variance will make them closer or even bigger blowouts we will see.

Ultimately, anything below 3-1 is a disappointment with 4-0 being a reasonable expectation.

I really do enjoy hating Jerrah. It's just so much fun. And so easy.
One thing that this bye weekend drove home to me is how many rotten NFL franchises there are out there.
NFL Sunday Ticket, when the Pats aren't playing, is a window into stunning incompetence and general all-around bad football.
Can you imagine being a diehard fan of the Bengals or Falcons, Dolphins, Jets, Cleveland, etc?

Garrett, or the "Clapper" as Lombardi likes to call him, is a Jerruh crony, a sycophant. He does whatever Jerruh "advises" him to do. He's a baker who's been given a bag of flour, a pint of orange juice, some baking soda, and a pinch of salt and is told to create a beautiful, glorious wedding cake.

No self-respecting, competent football HC will go anywhere near Jerruh.

Rumor has it that there was a confrontation between Jerruh and his son, because Jerruh really wanted to draft Johnny Manziel. His son, Stephen, confronted him, snatched the draft card and after a tense showdown the Cowboys ended up drafting Zack Martin (which worked out really well).

Jerruh then allegedly went on a rant about who really owned the Cowboys and who made them who they were (leaving out the fact that he hasn't won anything since firing Jimmy Johnson).

Yeah, sounds like the total ******* who praised the suspension of Brady, but went ballistic when his own QB got suspended for a much worse infraction.
It's a tossup between who is the worst owner in the NFL, Jones or Snyder. I guess my vote goes to the fanboy because the 'Skins, unlike the Cowboys, are rarely competitive. It's ironic how what was once one of the league's great rivalries has degenerated into a largely ignored matchup because of the respective owners.

I see counting is also not your strength.

I am saying I expect the next three games to be those types of games. Whether randomness and variance will make them closer or even bigger blowouts we will see.

Ultimately, anything below 3-1 is a disappointment with 4-0 being a reasonable expectation.

Okay I'm sorry. So at least a 10 point lead headed to the 4th against Philly, Dallas and Houston. I understand believing in the team. No offense. I'm not saying the Pats can't win those games. But that just seems a bit much. This isn't the 07 Pats on offense. Hell it's not even the 2014 or 2016 Pats.

Follow up: Do you think 2-2 would be a surprising result based on what we've seen so far? I don't think it would be. I'd be disappointed if they were 2-2. But surprising? Not at all.

I'm basing my opinions on what I've seen this season. Not on past years. Not on potential. You may base you opinions on other factors. Which I respect and understand.

It's a tossup between who is the worst owner in the NFL, Jones or Snyder. I guess my vote goes to the fanboy because the 'Skins, unlike the Cowboys, are rarely competitive. It's ironic how what was once one of the league's great rivalries has degenerated into a largely ignored matchup because of the respective owners.

What about Jimmy Haslam, the owner of the Browns? He has to be right up there!!

I still think they got robbed in 2014. I think they would’ve beaten Seattle, but ultimately we would’ve beaten them in the Super Bowl.

The Prescott ball washing needs to stop. Although he was pretty good last night

Same here.
My brother was the closest of my siblings until I lost him to ALS in 2008.
I keep the last Cowboys hat I bought him, that his wife gave back to me, on my mantle.

I have another brother and a few good friends who are Cowboys fan too.
So I root for them when it doesn't concern the Pats.

EDIT: I hate Jerry though.

It seems like any true Cowboys fan should hate Jerry. It's been a long time since they won and he has the controls.

One of my favorite Cowboys stories goes way back to the 70's, when Drew Pearson and Tom Landry were there. I was a bettor then and I placed a decent sized wager on the Cowboys at -5.5.

I watched as a close game went into OT and early on Roger Staubach threw a pass to Pearson down the right sideline, where DP went out just short of the endzone. On one of the first plays from there Landry decided to go for the winning FG instead of a TD. Smart play I thought. Go for the FG in case there's a bad snap.

Instead Landry faked the FG, the Cowoys scored the winning TD and covered my bet. I ended up liking them after that...almost

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Back