PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dear Bill and Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.
You oughtta send in your resume to Bob Kraft directly. Put me down as a reference.
Once I have full confidence in my knee again, I'll be out there for open tryouts, wide receiver or DB.

Anything to help the Patriots win.

Why so passive aggressive SVN (not in your response to me, that was reasonable)?

How come we cannot criticize our coaching staff when they make a mistake, which is admittedly on the rare side?

Why is it we have to be professional OCs, DC, or HCs in order to call out the staff??

I'm sure the Eagle's fans calling for Kelly's job aren't pros. But they sure are right.

Our coaching staff makes mistakes and it's ok to call them on it.
Well..the mistake is just one person's opinion. Not a proven fact.One can surely question the motives of a particular move or call but to extrapolate it as a mentality of the team this season when we know the issues with injuries and when we have the HC who knows what he is doing here for yrs and coming of a SB win is quite a reach and frankly somewhat insulting to the team and the coaches.
We can question why they didnt run or throw or take the a knee before the half. I never said one has to be professional OC's and DC's. But then to extrapolate this to a "recent trend" in the last two yrs of this team taking a knee before the half is ridiculous. This team is coming of a SB win . With all the offseason fiasco and the injuries is a miracle we dont have a worser record. We clinched a bye even before today. The team deserves a benefit of doubt with their decisions. Just my personal opinion.

This season has not been one of Josh and Bill's better coaching efforts.
Just don't feel great about this team moving forward.
Too many injuries and some bizarre coaching decisions that have put additional stress on the team and forced certain players into action who would otherwise be resting and healing.

This season has not been one of Josh and Bill's better coaching efforts.
Just don't feel great about this team moving forward.
Too many injuries and some bizarre coaching decisions that have put additional stress on the team and forced certain players into action who would otherwise be resting and healing.

The team hasn't been playing consistently due to the amount of injuries, but it goes further than that. The OL has been playing horribly, and there's absolutely zero prospect of a running game most times.

There's no doubt that they are a much different team than they were 6-8 weeks ago, but they are still a quality contender--at least for the AFC crown, anyway.

The most frustrating thing for me this whole season and more is why on short yardage most of the time the use a tight formation and try to smash it into the line. Stop It. run you normal offense, spread it out or do something else besides tying to run out of a tight formation.
Plus this week that's the play Vollmer got hurt on.

This is off-topic...but I couldn't agree more! The success rate feels like it can't be above 10%, but I honestly don't remember it ever working (including last year).

I'm talking about the people that disliked this post, you and your opinion are in my rear view mirror. You were disliking valid points that ONLY YOU disliked, and everyone else agreed with.

And yeah, it is as simple as leaving points on the board.

You have 2 minutes, two timeouts, Tom Brady, a healthy Gronkowski, Martin (who seems to be coming into his own) decent field position, and you don't even try??

I'm sorry but that is BS. And it cost us the game, how can you not see that?

Don't have the Oline personnel to give Brady more than a second to throw the ball. Great.

You need at least 2 1/2 second for a deep rout. Great.

You're down by 7. What do you do? Force it down field and hope for the best or take it into halftime and come up with something solid.

Yes they played conservative. They had the game tied at the end of regulation. Wow. A completely decimated Offensive line, missing their top receivers and they tied the game in the stadium of a healthy solid Jets team with a top ranked defense.

I don't even know who was playing LG at the end of the game but they still had a chance to win.

Put those injury parameters on any other team and what would you get? 12-3 with a bye week? BS This has been a season to remember. They are not done yet.

They have coached their freakin asses off this season.

You say they left points on the field. I say they prevented the opposition from having an opportunity to put more points on the board.

But don't sweat it buddy. I'm sure you will be happy with the end results and you can tell all your friends how great a coach BB and MD are at the end of the season.

What you witnessed today was a fu**ing gritty performance by a team that had been riddled by injuries.

This is off-topic...but I couldn't agree more! The success rate feels like it can't be above 10%, but I honestly don't remember it ever working (including last year).

I guess that puts a damper on the fact that they are one of the top 5 teams in 3rd down conversions.

Don't have the Oline personnel to give Brady more than a second to throw the ball. Great.

You need at least 2 1/2 second for a deep rout. Great.

You're down by 7. What do you do? Force it down field and hope for the best or take it into halftime and come up with something solid.

Yes they played conservative. They had the game tied at the end of regulation. Wow. A completely decimated Offensive line, missing their top receivers and they tied the game in the stadium of a healthy solid Jets team with a top ranked defense.

I don't even know who was playing LG at the end of the game but they still had a chance to win.

Put those injury parameters on any other team and what would you get? 12-3 with a bye week? BS This has been a season to remember. They are not done yet.

They have coached their freakin asses off this season.

You say they left points on the field. I say they prevented the opposition from having an opportunity to put more points on the board.

But don't sweat it buddy. I'm sure you will be happy with the end results and you can tell all your friends how great a coach BB and MD are at the end of the season.

What you witnessed today was a fu**ing gritty performance by a team that had been riddled by injuries.
I'm sorry but wtf, I witnessed a "gritty" performance?

No. Hell no.

What I witnessed was the Pats playing conservative and it biting them on the ass.

If running the clock down is to prevent the other team from scoring points, then why try to score EVER after scoring once? Because we can just run the time out, and prevent injuries and prevent the other team from scoring.

Right???

No. Hell no.

What I witnessed was the Pats playing conservative and it biting them on the ass.

If running the clock down is to prevent the other team from scoring points, then why try to score EVER after scoring once? Because we can just run the time out, and prevent injuries and prevent the other team from scoring.

Right???

Going to have to respectfully disagree with that.

That's cute you're trying to bring up 2013 when we're even more decimated with injuries on offense now than we were then. Hell, in 2013 we still had Julian Edelman and Danny Amendola. You know? Our best wide receivers this year that didn't play today. We also had all of our best running backs and we also weren't absolutely decimated with the offensive line injuries that we have this year. For whatever reason you refuse to get that through your thick skull.

No Gronk in 2013, 2015 Lafell > 2013 rookie Dobson, and Edelman and Amendola were both banged up with the latter being near useless. This is on top of injuries to the OL. The two situations are much more comparable than you make them out to be. And, again, if you're going to use injuries as a basis for not trying to score when you have ample time to do so, then the franchise and the GOAT candidate TE should have sat with the bye locked up. They didn't do that which means that we have to assume they were playing to win. If you're playing to win, you try to score when you have the opportunity to do so. Especially on the road where drives and decent field position were coming at a premium. The Patriots, even though they mailed it in, advanced the ball to their own 31 before the half. If Brady could squeeze out two completions against the zone instead of the running plays they called, they would not have needed much more if anything at all in order to get into Gost's FG range. Once again, this team usually shows more killer instinct. The two instances where they didn't this season have both been games that went into overtime and ended up in losses. Your defense simply doesn't hold water.

The chances of us getting those points are not high at all.

Based on what? You are aware the Jets were playing zone on that drive, correct? You are aware that Brady is one of the best quarterbacks in NFL HISTORY against zone defenses, correct? I do agree that the offense was bogged down for most of the game but the Jets were giving the Pats a different look on that series and, instead of capitalizing on it, they ran it twice before they realized they had an opportunity and dropped back. They shot themselves in the foot, in other words.

Now add in the fact that we were going up against one of the best defenses in the NFL and the odds of something bad happening such as another injury

Then I come back to the fact that if they were worried about more injuries, they should have sat Brady and Gronk among others.

or a pick 6, or a fumble return for a touchdown etc. increases.

Those are always hazards when you're trying to score before the half or before the end of the game. Situational football simply wasn't there. You have the GOAT quarterback, a possible GOAT TE and the hardest cover in the league, and a capable WR in Lafell going against a zone defense. The Patriots have historically picked that apart time and time again in Brady's tenure. In a game that tight where possessions are that limited, you have to take calculated risks in order to produce points. They didn't and the rest, as they say, is history.

Now add in the fact that we're gonna get the ball anyway after the half and you can see that we can just end the half now and make our halftime adjustments.

And they were moving the ball after the half as well. Brady and Gronk not being on the same page ended that drive. But it goes to show you that the Patriots were capable of putting a drive together through the air. And that drive was when the Jets were back in man to man. This does nothing to hurt my point.

But please, keep trying to argue your point using hindsight as the crux of your argument. It's adorable.

Why are you mad, though? I'm not basing my stance on hindsight, bud. I said as much in the game thread at halftime...

No. Hell no.

Right???
Wrong !

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back