PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dear Bill and Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appeared as if Gronk gave up on that play, like he thought Brady missed the opportunity and acquiesced to the play going elsewhere.

Yeah if I had to blame someone it would be Gronk, unfortunately.

Sure it is. They didn't even try. Can you tell me the last time THIS TEAM (let alone any other team) has mailed it in at the end of the half with over a minute on the clock and multiple timeouts? Because I can't remember any such situation. They mailed it in there. If they were going to do that, they may as well have sat their two most important guys on offense and mailed it in.

Can you tell me the last time this team had their best wide receivers, running backs, tackles, and one of their best guards out due to injury, and going against one of the top defenses in the NFL. Make sure you take into account the fact that the offense did absolutely nothing in the first half and they were getting the ball back first anyway. After you find that then get back to me.

Saying "if they mailed it in then, they should have mailed it in all game!!!!" doesn't make any sense at all no matter how many times you want to repeat it.

How many of these whiner threads are going to go up today? Jeez you'd think our game next week at Miami was for a WC slot.

The only awful thing that happened today was seeing Vollmer carted off. Pats put up a hell of a fight with an obviously depleted team.

Pats go 4-0 to REPEAT!

How many of these whiner threads are going to go up today? Jeez you'd think our game next week at Miami was for a WC slot.

The only awful thing that happened today was seeing Vollmer carted off. Pats put up a hell of a fight with an obviously depleted team.

Pats go 4-0 to REPEAT!
I mean I agree with you but this isn't a whiner thread.

I'm upset, for sure, no doubt about it. But this is a bigger issue than this one game.

I have tirelessly watched every Patriots game since before Mo Lewis took out Bledsoe. Yet only recently (ehhhh past two years) have the Pats begun this, 'oh well you know, we'll just kneel and get outta here' mentality.

This time was particularly egregious in my opinion. I've never seen a team give up a two minute drill, being down to a division rival AND receiving the ball back in half time... I couldn't believe that.

So it may sound like whining, but I'm asking for them to reflect upon this style of play because had we gotten a field goal attempt with Ghost, this thread and others like it may not exist.

I'm upset, for sure, no doubt about it. But this is a bigger issue than this one game.

I have tirelessly watched every Patriots game since before Mo Lewis took out Bledsoe. Yet only recently (ehhhh past two years) have the Pats begun this, 'oh well you know, we'll just kneel and get outta here' mentality.

This time was particularly egregious in my opinion. I've never seen a team give up a two minute drill, being down to a division rival AND receiving the ball back in half time... I couldn't believe that.

So it may sound like whining, but I'm asking for them to reflect upon this style of play because had we gotten a field goal attempt with Ghost, this thread and others like it may not exist.

Do you recall last year when the Pats on a couple of occasions I think even during the playoffs turned the ball over right before half time and allowed points to the other team? Maybe BB realizes now that it is better to go back to locker room when game is still within reach to regroup, make adjustments and such instead of making mistakes at the end of a half when players may be tired and avoid beating yourself with turnovers? BB has 1000% more knowledge of the condition of his players than anyone else on the outside. I am not qualified to question this type of decision not having all of the facts.

Do you recall last year when the Pats on a couple of occasions I think even during the playoffs turned the ball over right before half time and allowed points to the other team? Maybe BB realizes now that it is better to go back to locker room when game is still within reach to regroup, make adjustments and such instead of making mistakes at the end of a half when players may be tired and avoid beating yourself with turnovers? BB has 1000% more knowledge of the condition of his players than anyone else on the outside. I am not qualified to question this type of decision not having all of the facts.
Oh yeah, the dreaded Brady Audible bomb to Gronk that gets picked off, EVERY SINGLE TIME lol

Yes I remember. *shudders*

The most frustrating thing for me this whole season and more is why on short yardage most of the time the use a tight formation and try to smash it into the line. Stop It. run you normal offense, spread it out or do something else besides tying to run out of a tight formation.
Plus this week that's the play Vollmer got hurt on.

Last edited:

Just because BB hasn't given you his reason doesn't mean he doesn't have a very good reason for doing what he does.

Does it seem a departure and a bit confusing (based on the past), I agree it does. But, we know BB and Co (think Ernie) make data driven decisions. Perhaps some new data has come in or do you think BB has forgotten how to coach his team to success?

LaFell did so well last year, because he was the #3 or #4 receiver, however when he is the #1 guy and draws the best defensive talent.. he is less effective.

Am amazed the Pats did as well as they did.. considering the very patchwork offensive line..

laFAIL

they need an upgrade on the outside.

Just because BB hasn't given you his reason doesn't mean he doesn't have a very good reason for doing what he does.

Does it seem a departure and a bit confusing (based on the past), I agree it does. But, we know BB and Co (think Ernie) make data driven decisions. Perhaps some new data has come in or do you think BB has forgotten how to coach his team to success?
I think he's human and makes mistakes.

Actually it's more to my credit that I'm holding him to a higher standard.

We had two minutes...

Quantum that was extremely lame and unnecessary pal.

I understand the frustration after a loss, but to put things in perspective:

-We are the defending world champs
-We have a 12-3 record and one win away from securing the number 1 seed
-We were without several top players, all of which should be ready to return come playoff time

I'm curious if there is another coaching staff in the league that you would rather have than the one that we currently have now?

The problem this week and the past several game has been the play calling. It has been very obvious early in the last few games when the run game was not working yet they kept trying. If they run 10 times, one is a good gain, one is few yards and the other 8 are no gain or a loss. WASTED PLAYS!!! And I want to tear my eyes out when they have 3rd and long and run draw play for 2-4 yards and punt. If you need 8 yards for a first, throw it at least 8 yards!!!! How many times today did they follow up a big pass play with a one yard run!!!

I understand the frustration after a loss, but to put things in perspective:

-We are the defending world champs
-We were without several top players, all of which should be ready to return come playoff time

I'm curious if there is another coaching staff in the league that you would rather have than the one that we currently have now?
I said that already...

Did you read my original post, by chance?

I just think this is a larger problem with the Patriots irrespective of personnel.

Stop leaving points on the board at halftime.

We wouldn't have been in that situation if we took a shot at the half. Jets were moving the ball on us all game, why would you give up 2 minutes and 2 timeouts only down 1 score?

And then we burn our last time out for no reason and kneel to go into overtime.

This conservative playcalling has not worked well for us. The strategy should be to play fast and hard and get on the board as soon as we can, at all opportunities.

We are not good enough (due to lack of personnel) to play catch up with teams that have our number.

Fortunately we will win in Miami so it's not so bad but jesus, PLAY TO WIN
Thank god for the message. BB and Josh have been f**ng with this team for what 8+ yrs now ?? About time someone taught them some hardnose coaching tips.

Thank god for the message. BB and Josh have been f**ng with this team for what 8+ yrs now ?? About time someone taught them some hardnose coaching tips.
Right on, bub!

Oh wait, this was sarcasm? Damn it, you had me. You're a regular Bill Burr, hyuck hyuck

Since Dion lewis went out they've been ultra ****ing conservative at end of half situations... It aintt changing

We should have a 13-2 record and the last game should be irrelevant. Now, it isn't.

Yeah, LaFell is not a number one or two but come playoff time we should be ok with a line up that consists of:
-Gronk
-Edleman
-Amendola
-LaFell
-Martin

Those are some good options, now let's just hope that Tom has some time to throw to them :)

Suprised no one has brought up the fact that we saw the ....Wildcat today.

Shudder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back