PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dear Bill and Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suprised no one has brought up the fact that we saw the ....Wildcat today.

Shudder.
I think there was someone in the game thread that said you know things are bad when the Pats pull out the wildcat lol

Mcdaniels proved hes not a genius.
Hope we get Hankerson back and get a deep passing attack.
Lafell is expendable next season.
Hankerson got cut.

Can you tell me the last time this team had their best wide receivers, running backs, tackles, and one of their best guards out due to injury, and going against one of the top defenses in the NFL. Make sure you take into account the fact that the offense did absolutely nothing in the first half and they were getting the ball back first anyway. After you find that then get back to me.

Saying "if they mailed it in then, they should have mailed it in all game!!!!" doesn't make any sense at all no matter how many times you want to repeat it.
You act like this is the first time the team was short handed playing a good defense. Hell, they spent most of 2013 doing just that. What you're saying does nothing to excuse the decision to sit on it there. They had the chance to move the ball with multiple timeouts and score points. You know, points? Those things you need to win? But clearly the plan worked. They only went to overtime and then lost. They could have used an extra 3.

The vid is funny, but why troll other Pats fans? We get enough of this bs from the other 31. We don't need it from our own.

Question: do you guys think Overtime should be revised?

I like Basketball's rules-- extra time, play until time runs out. If still tied, another quarter, play until a winner is decided.

First to score a TD favors team that wins toss (*cough*). Never liked OT in football, as a player and as a fan.

Yeah, LaFell is not a number one or two but come playoff time we should be ok with a line up that consists of:
-Gronk
-Edleman
-Amendola
-LaFell
-Martin

Those are some good options, now let's just hope that Tom has some time to throw to them :)

dont forget about scott chandler..oh wait.

You act like this is the first time the team was short handed playing a good defense. Hell, they spent most of 2013 doing just that. What you're saying does nothing to excuse the decision to sit on it there. They had the chance to move the ball with multiple timeouts and score points. You know, points? Those things you need to win? But clearly the plan worked. They only went to overtime and then lost. They could have used an extra 3.

That's cute you're trying to bring up 2013 when we're even more decimated with injuries on offense now than we were then. Hell, in 2013 we still had Julian Edelman and Danny Amendola. You know? Our best wide receivers this year that didn't play today. We also had all of our best running backs and we also weren't absolutely decimated with the offensive line injuries that we have this year. For whatever reason you refuse to get that through your thick skull. The chances of us getting those points are not high at all. Now add in the fact that we were going up against one of the best defenses in the NFL and the odds of something bad happening such as another injury, or a pick 6, or a fumble return for a touchdown etc. increases. Now add in the fact that we're gonna get the ball anyway after the half and you can see that we can just end the half now and make our halftime adjustments.

But please, keep trying to argue your point using hindsight as the crux of your argument. It's adorable.

The vid is funny, but why troll other Pats fans? We get enough of this bs from the other 31. We don't need it from our own.

Question: do you guys think Overtime should be revised?

I like Basketball's rules-- extra time, play until time runs out. If still tied, another quarter, play until a winner is decided.

First to score a TD favors team that wins toss (*cough*). Never liked OT in football, as a player and as a fan.

I think the problem with your concept is that football is more physical so more room for injuries if you force teams to play an extra quarter.

Not trolling but don't understand people that rate dislikes with no response, seems useless and cowardly. This is not directed at you.

We should have a 13-2 record and the last game should be irrelevant. Now, it isn't.
Well this wasn't a must win game. Risk, reward. Risky to put Brady in harms way with less than two minutes to go in the half. trying to defend his blind side with guy way down on the depth chart against the Jets pass rush licking their chops at the opportunity. Im Okay with it. We live with Brady to play another day

I think the problem with your concept is that football is more physical so more room for injuries if you force teams to play an extra quarter.

Not trolling but don't understand people that rate dislikes with no response, seems useless and cowardly. This is not directed at you.
Yeah I hear you, just wanted to see what others' opinion are on this subject.

I'm ALWAYS salty after an OT loss when one team never got the chance to touch the football.

There are a few doing that. I got some from a guy that has liked about every negative post against the pats and dislikes or disagreed with every positive thing said about the pats....about 10 to 1 ratings to actual responses.

I'm talking about the people that disliked this post, you and your opinion are in my rear view mirror. You were disliking valid points that ONLY YOU disliked, and everyone else agreed with.

And yeah, it is as simple as leaving points on the board.

You have 2 minutes, two timeouts, Tom Brady, a healthy Gronkowski, Martin (who seems to be coming into his own) decent field position, and you don't even try??

I'm sorry but that is BS. And it cost us the game, how can you not see that?

Don't know how you can say "it cost us the game." We don't know what would have happened if we tried: 1. FG try, 2. 3 and out, 3. Turnover. It's not like the O was playing lights out or even fluid that 1st half.

Don't know how you can say "it cost us the game." We don't know what would have happened if we tried: 1. FG try, 2. 3 and out, 3. Turnover. It's not like the O was playing lights out or even fluid that 1st half.

You have to try though. Laying down with two minutes left is not a good look.

Run the ball three times at this point, I don't care.

But letting that clock go down... I've never seen the Patriots just lay down like that.

That was ****ing awful. I have been one of McDaniels staunchest defenders around here but it was absolutely baffling to not try to at least get in field goal range. Field goal would have been the difference and the Pats had two minutes and two timeouts to do it but instead run the clock out. If you're that worried about the tackle position, pull Brady and Gronk and throw the game. If you're going to play them, then don't play *****. Go for the points.

and this is the SECOND time that the pats coaching staff decided to give up at the end of the first half in a game this season. The first time was in Denver - had they gotten a FG at the end of the first half in either that game or today they would have won and they could rest their starters next week.

I mean I agree with you but this isn't a whiner thread.

I'm upset, for sure, no doubt about it. But this is a bigger issue than this one game.

I have tirelessly watched every Patriots game since before Mo Lewis took out Bledsoe. Yet only recently (ehhhh past two years) have the Pats begun this, 'oh well you know, we'll just kneel and get outta here' mentality.

This time was particularly egregious in my opinion. I've never seen a team give up a two minute drill, being down to a division rival AND receiving the ball back in half time... I couldn't believe that.

So it may sound like whining, but I'm asking for them to reflect upon this style of play because had we gotten a field goal attempt with Ghost, this thread and others like it may not exist.
You are seriously questioning the mentality of a team coming of a SB win down 10 pts and the coaching staff which was lights out last yr ? Need to relax. One of the great ability of BB and this team is to adapt to the situation. Know yourself and self scout and know your limitations. Dont do anything just because we have done it that way forever. He knows our limitations right know with the injuries and vollmer was out. He just prolonged the game going into the 2nd half with adjustments instead of risking some dumb play.

Mcdaniels proved hes not a genius.
Hope we get Hankerson back and get a deep passing attack.
Lafell is expendable next season.
And send one of our gameday thread OC's to foxboro.Surely they can do a better job.

Why so passive aggressive SVN (not in your response to me, that was reasonable)?

How come we cannot criticize our coaching staff when they make a mistake, which is admittedly on the rare side?

Why is it we have to be professional OCs, DC, or HCs in order to call out the staff??

I'm sure the Eagle's fans calling for Kelly's job aren't pros. But they sure are right.

Our coaching staff makes mistakes and it's ok to call them on it.

Stop leaving points on the board at halftime.

We wouldn't have been in that situation if we took a shot at the half. Jets were moving the ball on us all game, why would you give up 2 minutes and 2 timeouts only down 1 score?

And then we burn our last time out for no reason and kneel to go into overtime.

This conservative playcalling has not worked well for us. The strategy should be to play fast and hard and get on the board as soon as we can, at all opportunities.

We are not good enough (due to lack of personnel) to play catch up with teams that have our number.

Fortunately we will win in Miami so it's not so bad but jesus, PLAY TO WIN
You oughtta send in your resume to Bob Kraft directly. Put me down as a reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back