PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DeAndre Hopkins is available

I smell Ocho Cinco 2.0.
I don't think it's the same. Ocho could never wrap his head around EP, never knew where he was supposed to be or what he was supposed to do. DeHop played in BOB's version of it for years. I have no doubt he'll pick up the Pats' version.

He seems cooked and is going on the same path of irrelevancy as AJ Green and Julio Jones.
Here are recent stats from NFL.com:

RTEAMGRECYDSAVGLNGTD1st1st%20+40+
2022Arizona Cardinals96471711.23333554.780
2021Arizona Cardinals104257213.65583276.271
2020Arizona Cardinals16115140712.26067565.2176
2019Houston Texans15104116511.24376865.4161
2018Houston Texans16115157213.749118170.4234
In terms of stats, his deep plays have declined, but would need to know if it’s Murray / backup versus Hopkins. Otherwise, availability looks to be the bigger problem, with injuries in 2021 and the PED suspension in 2022.

Would be interested in hearing how he’s actually looked though from people who have been able to compare his film.

No, thanks. I’d rather see what’s going on with Pittman or Aiyuk. Younger, more durable the last couple of years, and both players would fill a role that we absolutely need on O.
Love it. :cool:

I watched Hop every week as I drafted him in many leagues and he didn't miss a beat with Kyler out there. Outside the suspension he is not often hurt. Anyone mentioning Jakobi in the same breath needs to get out more and watch some other teams play...he's the best we have had but that doesn't mean much past few years. Hops fine for a few years and as previously mentioned we already over paying Aghlor in that range. I'm hearing a jack jones trade in the works.

I'm hearing a jack jones trade in the works.
That’s the Female Anatomy PhD guy again. Not a real reporter.

I imagine Chicago would be in on Hop as well. 100 million in cap with trade assets available and a young QB in desperate need of weapons.
Nah, they have N'Keal Harry now... their problems are over :D

Sign him in 2020 or before :D

He has a no trade, so why exactly would he want to come to NE?
He and BB have a bro-mance…..expect Aaron Rodgers here too :))

I don't think it's the same. Ocho could never wrap his head around EP, never knew where he was supposed to be or what he was supposed to do. DeHop played in BOB's version of it for years. I have no doubt he'll pick up the Pats' version.

Your reasoning is sound, but I still have OchoTSD.

I actually hadn’t thought about the fact that Hopkins already has system familiarity from his time with BOB. That makes it an even better move.

I actually hadn’t thought about the fact that Hopkins already has system familiarity from his time with BOB. That makes it an even better move.
My hesitations re Hopkins are his cost and how much he has left in his legs. I'll trust the Pats' bean counters to sort out the first. As for the second, I haven't seen Hopkins in action since he left HOU so others' opinions are welcome.

The door is closing quickly on him, can you get two more productive years out of him? Maybe, the price tag in two years isn’t bad if you’re willing to cough up $19m+ for him this year where you’re likely to get Jacobi Meyers numbers out of him

cough up $19m+ for him this year where you’re likely to get Jacobi Meyers numbers out of him

It most likely wouldn't be the 19m, they'd redo his deal give him a bunch of money up-front in the signing bonus which would be split over years and he'd carry a low salary this year. As for only getting Meyers numbers out of of him, I don't understand that one. Hopkins per game average this year was 87.8 which was 7th in the league. Meyers was 57.4. No teams were game planning for Meyers. Hopkins they gotta at least game plan, which probably means getting their best CB which even if Hopkins doesn't do much they still have to use their best guy on him which opens up stuff.

Hopkins has to approve a trade, and he would not come to NE if BoB is hired. He forced a trade from Houston because he refused to play for him anymore.

If they are doing interviews for an OC then I doubt O'Brien is being considered as a candidate, They'd just hire him back like they did McDaniels.

If they are doing interviews for an OC then I doubt O'Brien is being considered as a candidate, They'd just hire him back like they did McDaniels.
I hope you are right, I don’t want O’Brien, I think it’s time to change to a RPO offense, so I want Frank Reich.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back