PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DeAndre Hopkins is available

cupofjoe1962

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I heard today that DeAndre Hopkins is going be available for trades.

As soon as I heard it, I remembered Belichick having a lengthy 1 on 1 conversation with Hopkins after the Pats vs Cardinals game.

Hopkins has 2 years remaining on his contract at $19,450,000 in 2023 & $14,915,000 in 2024.

I would love to see us add a true #1 WR.

Bring Kingsbury and Hopkins over.

Kinda odd that he’s available, Arizona doesn’t even have a GM in place. Wouldn’t the new GM be the one deciding which players are on the trading block?

I imagine Chicago would be in on Hop as well. 100 million in cap with trade assets available and a young QB in desperate need of weapons.

Kinda odd that he’s available, Arizona doesn’t even have a GM in place. Wouldn’t the new GM be the one deciding which players are on the trading block?
I read that the owner will inform the new gm that he intends to trade hopkins
They have many holes and not many players under contract, and not significant cap

Last edited:
He has a no trade, so why exactly would he want to come to NE?

When the boss is deadset on something, it doesn't matter who's the GM or if there's a GM at all.

They would rewrite the contract.

What will a WR of Hopkins pedigree be paid?

The big issue is age and trading compensation.
Probably somewhere around Hill’s $120M/4yrs that’s really $75M/3 plus a fake inflated fourth year. Adams is older and got a little less ($67.5M/3yrs plus two inflated years at the end), but the cap is higher than a year ago and Adams claims he took less money to play in LV.

If the Pats don’t open week 1 with a legit WR 1 it’s a fail on Bills part. If they want to contend and want Mac to take a significant step forward in year 3, this off-season is the time to do it.

No more running with a bunch of 2’s and 3’s, this team needs a legit 1.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back