PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DeAndre Hopkins is available

Hopkins has missed 15 games the last 2 seasons.

You cant help the club from the whirlpool tub.

He got injured in the 2021 season, the 6 games he missed this year were due to his suspension

He doesn't have an injury history that I can remember

No thanks for that $

Thats not even a lot of money for elite WRs these days, Hopkins is about as legit as they come in the WR department. He's been productive even on some god awful teams with some god awful quarterbacks

Our offense needs someone like him, but instead we pay people like Nelson Agholor $4 million less a year than Hopkins is getting

He got injured in the 2021 season, the 6 games he missed this year were due to his suspension

The Pats have Bourne and Parker signed up and combined they are less money than 1 year of Hopkins. Bother Parker and Bourne are younger.

The risk is spread out over 2 players.

The Pats have Bourne and Parker signed up and combined they are less money than 1 year of Hopkins. Bother Parker and Bourne are younger.

The risk is spread out over 2 players.

So we can watch perfectly thrown 50 yard passes bounce off their helmuts?

It's important to keep in mind that Hopkins' suspension was for six weeks and not four. That means he was popped for anabolic steroids and not stimulants. A 31 year old athlete who has recently tested positive for steroids is extremely risky. His body may break down without the roids propping him up. Also, he is way more likely to hit the performance cliff.

Not if Corky Mac is sent packing.

Did you miss this play?

1673446831135.png

That was as beautiful a deep ball as it gets and it bounced right off of Parker's facemask

I'd take 1 elite WR in Hopkins who's made a hall of fame career playing with garbage teams and QBs over 2 JAGs

Thats not even a lot of money for elite WRs these days, Hopkins is about as legit as they come in the WR department. He's been productive even on some god awful teams with some god awful quarterbacks

Our offense needs someone like him, but instead we pay people like Nelson Agholor $4 million less a year than Hopkins is getting
Agree but he'll be 31 in June. Hasn't played more than 10 games the last 2 years. Hes in decline.

I'm ok shelling out that kind of cash for an elite top 5 WR.

Just not him.

The money isn't bad, he's owed only 34M over next two years. We have 54M in cap and numerous ways to get more.
Not for that player at that current deal. hasn't played more than 10 games the last 2 years. 31 in June.

Needs to be tweaked and based on performance and availability.

I mean, I'd agree with you, normally, but Meyers could command something in that neighborhood.

I'd certainly rather have 20 games of Nuke, personally.
Age and injuries are the major concerns.

A 26 year old Hopkins is a top 5 WR

A 31 y/o oft-injured Hopkins is not and to pay him $12m w/o conditions based on snaps and performance is irresponsible.

Agree but he'll be 31 in June. Hasn't played more than 10 games the last 2 years. Hes in decline.

Just not him.

Fair enough, 31 is up there although I think he has at least 3 productive years left given his playstyle

They really need to find a way to get an elite WR on this team

He missed the last two weeks of this year with a knee injury... so that needs looking into

i dont understand the comments of oft-injured or injury prone designations for Hopkins

He tore his MCL in 2021 which caused him, as you would imagine, to miss the year. In 2022 he was suspended for 6 games, but played in every game since week 7

Prior to 2021, he had 1 concussion back in like 2014 and tore a ligament in his hand/wrist like 7 years ago...

Calling him injury prone is unjustified, I don't see any evidence to warrant that label

Just not him.
Do we know how much it'll cost us in cap? Surely not the whole thing. Maybe it looks more palatable than we think.

i dont understand the comments of oft-injured or injury prone designations for Hopkins

He tore his MCL in 2021 which caused him, as you would imagine, to miss the year. In 2022 he was suspended for 6 games, but played in every game since week 7

Prior to 2021, he had 1 concussion back in like 2014 and tore a ligament in his hand/wrist like 7 years ago...

Calling him injury prone is unjustified, I don't see any evidence to warrant that label
Well it would be better if he was, because considering the receivers of the patriots were the highest paid of any other team this year and last, tends to tell me that Bill is going to throw 20 mil a year to another one.

2023$19.4m
2024$14.9m

Do we know how much it'll cost us in cap? Surely not the whole thing. Maybe it looks more palatable than we think.
202331$19,450,000
202432$14,915,000

202331$19,450,000
202432$14,915,000

Nelson Agholor had a $14,882,345 cap hit this year

So we could literally ditch Agholor and replace him with Hopkins for a $4 mill increase in 2023, and stay flat in 2024 (with option of extending him 2 years to spread it out even more)

202331$19,450,000
202432$14,915,000
Wouldn't we subtract bonuses and such? Arizona would pay some of it. Or are these the figures after taking all that into account?

No, thanks. I’d rather see what’s going on with Pittman or Aiyuk. Younger, more durable the last couple of years, and both players would fill a role that we absolutely need on O.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back