PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deal with this: I #respect Cam as a person and as a leader

Newton has already had the virus. Given that, and given that "THE SCIENCE!" currently claims that natural immunity is as good as, or better, than the vaccine immunity, it's asinine to require Newton to take the vaccine.
That's actually not exactly what "THE SCIENCE!" claims. There is absolutely no consensus on this issue. A quick google search shows plenty of articles on each side of the above matter.

The QB position is the most complicated and important position on the field. It's not easy to learn, especially at the pro level.

There's stuff that a QB learns in film room and weeks and weeks of practice as a pro athlete that the fans never see or know about.

The Patriots are not in the position of the bad franchises who are 'forced' to throw their rookie QB into the fire and end up burning up a talented prospect.

I think most of us agree that Mac Jones is talented. The disagreement appears to be whether he's ready to start. I don't think the rookie is ready, nor should he be rushed, when given a proper development window he could turn into a great and possibly 'franchise level' QB.

I'll respectfully agree to disagree and stop there.
And yes it’s all opinion so disagreeing is fine.

That's actually not exactly what "THE SCIENCE!" claims. There is absolutely no consensus on this issue. A quick google search shows plenty of articles on each side of the above matter.
If it's equal, then he still needs a booster shot, minimum.

Very true. No real consensus is precisely why forcing it upon people is wrong. My body, my choice is what I remember hearing all the time. Don't hear it much anymore.

Sitting Mac to protect his fragility as a rookie is moronic. By all accounts, he is the most pro ready of the rookie QB's. And the rookie QB's that get shell shocked are due to garbage teams with garbage OL's. The Patriots are neither of those.

@mods and @Ian , I really wish you would clean up these vax debates. It's killing the board, IMO.
The whole Covid thing is killing the board. I don’t ignore people but god damn, I’ve started ignoring threads. Thank God the season is about to kick off.

I mainlined the J&J the turned people neon and fine feel!

I don’t have any physical problems, but since I got the vaccine, I wake up every morning at my computer (don’t remember going into my office) and the screen shows I spent exactly $666 overnight on Microsoft products. I’m not worried about it though.

@mods and @Ian , I really wish you would clean up these vax debates. It's killing the board, IMO.
Agree. It's a passionate issue. Cam's belief impact the team which makes this a gray area to debate/discuss here.

I've received a couple of PMs from posters I respect asking me to dial my views back. I will.

I don’t have any physical problems, but since I got the vaccine, I wake up every morning at my computer (don’t remember going into my office) and the screen shows I spent exactly $666 overnight on Microsoft products. I’m not worried about it though.
Just a coincidence, I'm sure.

For real though, the Patriots subreddit is completely useless because it's almost entirely posts about the plague. Anytime a player makes a comment even remotely related, it gets posted

I've received a couple of PMs from posters I respect asking me to dial my views back. I will.

I would never respect someone who asked me to dial my views back, as if they’re helplessly thrown onto this forum, into this thread, forced to read opinions about a subject for which they don’t want to hear about.

If mods request it for the sake of the forum, that’s one thing.

I would never respect someone who asked me to dial my views back, as if they’re helplessly thrown onto this forum, into this thread, forced to read opinions about a subject for which they don’t want to hear about.

If mods request it for the sake of the forum, that’s one thing.
It just needlessly clutters it up here. Not the place for it, IMO.

It just needlessly clutters it up here. Not the place for it, IMO.

If you’re in this thread to talk about Cam Newton, or in other threads to discuss other topics, then I see where you’re coming from. That‘s frustrating. I’m referring to situations where people clearly know a thread is OT or political or Covid-related and whine about its existence.

This thread is unique because I was just being tongue-in-cheek on the OP and expected it to quickly devolve into garbage, but then it took a more serious turn. Maybe that’s why there’s a disconnect here on whether this is really a football thread.

Two topics as far as i can see...

One, while I strongly prefer that players who make major contributions to the team's success also be people whom I could "respect" and even like! off the field, I've pretty well given up on that happening all the time. Nice when it happens, but I don't hold my breath. I'm just happy with anyone who buys into the "Do your job" philosophy that's worked pretty well over the last couple of decades.

Cam is a better person than Tom Brady because at least Cam never quit on the Patriots
That ball in the Super Bowl though....Brady chances breaking his neck to recover that...Cam ordered shirley temple!

Two topics as far as I can see (cont'd)

Two, like others I'm getting tired of threads that deteriorate into vaccination debates. It might be draconian, but I think the mods should move any thread that has more than three comments on vaccines into a separate Forum, "All Things Vax."

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back