PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Day 4 Patriots Training Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only thing I've heard is that (I think) every single day he (Berrios) has been mentioned as participating in punt return drills. So maybe he doesn't suck at that. Plus on one of the non-pads days he was mentioned as having a good catch. That's all, AFAIK. Not a lot, more than nothing, though
They said today he caught a pass from Brady in a drill and it was the first time he ever has. I didn’t take that as an earth shatteringly positive comment.
I would assume not hearing about a corner would be positive.
I’m just trying to be clear because it’s hard to sift through the disinformation of posts that don’t make it clear whether they are passing on a report or guessing out loud.

Random stuff cause I cant get enough...

TE Guns Kendricks...

sdw6r32stpyjqqwr9qlw.jpg

Van Noy with OLB Coach Demarcus Covington...

ccjxvutzdkc4yn2k5drr.jpg

Guns Kendricks with TE Coach Nick Caley...

stvnffi2boserhjs51rr.jpg

Cheerleader...

nwjgupjyvc8xgcmo1lkd.jpg

Christian Sam (my guess after his big goal-line stop)...

nigmwvvoi63mu87qslb6.jpg

Jarrett Stidham to Maurice Harris...

m7snke3as1q49e2oyugy.jpg

The Dude's favorite player...

hfaey7kiof5dd4ivckkn.jpg

Damoun Patterson with Troy Brown...

bsgyga40vfwmrhebmij3.jpg

Derek Rivers forgetting this is practice...

jreozytbcy1ghtdpwkfx.jpg
I spy a wet camel.

In my 19 years of watching brady closely, I've noticed that if a WR and Brady don't establish at least some sort of chemistry early on, the relationship usually doesn't work out and the WR ends up blacklisted by Brady. It will be important early on for Harry to secure Brady's trust my making a few plays. Then Brady will establish confidence in Harry and began to feed him the ball more and more. We saw that with Josh Gordon, who Brady clearly established a good rapport with. I will be following this one closely

In my 19 years of watching brady closely, I've noticed that if a WR and Brady don't establish at least some sort of chemistry early on, the relationship usually doesn't work out and the WR ends up blacklisted by Brady. It will be important early on for Harry to secure Brady's trust my making a few plays. Then Brady will establish confidence in Harry and began to feed him the ball more and more. We saw that with Josh Gordon, who Brady clearly established a good rapport with. I will be following this one closely
You mean like Amendola?

6. Finally an observation on Stidham. VERY live arm, pretty accurate from what I saw, and hasn't a clue when he's playing 11-11. He isn't processing what he's seeing as fast as he needs to. No surprise there of course, but for the most part he's showing enough thus far to probably earn a roster spot and a place on the inactive list all year. Better than I expected.

This combined with what Giardi is saying:

is pretty much why I was always chuckling when people actually were serious about Hoyer not being the backup this year.

Not even the QBs taken in the teens are really "ready" to start in the NFL immediately. I always compare it to learning to drive. Initially there is so much going on that it it makes you slow or indecisive but once you get used to everything and you know what you can filter out or ignore everything kinda slows down.

Great post Ken. You might a bit too hard on Williams. Unless you are expecting him to be a blue chip HoF kinda player I am not sure you should expect to see him stand out that early.

I suggest it isn't about "blacklisting" but just about time and attention on Brady's part. He knows the runway is long for a new receiver, and can only establish one, two, or at most three to carry through the process to consistent success as a regular target. So he quickly sorts them out at camp and dedicates his focus on the most likely. It would be nice if he had more time for all of them, but he knows that's just not possible.

What isn't visible in all this is how much influence the coaches are having in the background, and we see the result on the field and attribute it all to Brady's choices.

Can anyone here recall when a new receiver got little attention from Brady at the beginning of camp but became a "late bloomer"?

Padded practice inside??
Anyone going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill