PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Day 4 Patriots Training Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Closed inside stadium evening practice for ST holders & other beautiful people.
I went to one of those stadium practices a couple of years ago as a guest of a season ticket holder. It was pretty boring. They were in shells and not much actually happened, though sitting in the stadium was more comfortable than sitting in the hot sun of the bleachers.

IMHO the only practices worth going to are the padded ones. Hopefully that will be one Wednesday.

I went to one of those stadium practices a couple of years ago as a guest of a season ticket holder. It was pretty boring. They were in shells and not much actually happened, though sitting in the stadium was more comfortable than sitting in the hot sun of the bleachers.

IMHO the only practices worth going to are the padded ones. Hopefully that will be one Wednesday.

Uh, yes. I was there with you. Agree with your assessment.

What is the tier below a sleeper, comatose? I got excited seeing a story about 3 tight end fantasy sleepers in the news feed section hoping that someone had confidence in Matt Lacosse, alas no such luck.

They used to wear pads for the stadium practice and the action got ramped up a little more. Somewhere along the line they stopped and now it's just fun to see the stadium.

FWIW no pads tonight and tomorrow is off so I would bet they will be in pads Wednesday.

5. Obi got a lot of run and had his 3rd pick of TC. More importantly he looks a LOT more comfortable out there. I'm getting the feeling that Ebner is going to be a gonner as his snaps will be taken by Obi and Brooks,

Ebner isn't going anywhere unless they are able to replace him on special teams.

On Punts, Ebner is the Personal Protector. That job is one of the most unheralded and toughest to do. The person prior to him was Chung. Chung was good, but Ebner is head and shoulders better at it.

Ebner also is a key player on kick-offs and kick returns. He was the 4th best player they head there.

Brooks plays one of the end positions on Punt Coverage Units. So does Bolden. Neither have been the Personal Protector.

Also, remember that the Patriots lost McClellan and Humber from last year. They were two key additions that helped turn Special Teams around. Instead of thinking that Ebner would be gone, think about whether Brooks and Obi are replacing those two.

Ebner isn't going anywhere unless they are able to replace him on special teams.

On Punts, Ebner is the Personal Protector. That job is one of the most unheralded and toughest to do. The person prior to him was Chung. Chung was good, but Ebner is head and shoulders better at it.

Ebner also is a key player on kick-offs and kick returns. He was the 4th best player they head there.

Brooks plays one of the end positions on Punt Coverage Units. So does Bolden. Neither have been the Personal Protector.

Also, remember that the Patriots lost McClellan and Humber from last year. They were two key additions that helped turn Special Teams around. Instead of thinking that Ebner would be gone, think about whether Brooks and Obi are replacing those two.

Is there an indication who the personal protector after Ebner could be?

Is there an indication who the personal protector after Ebner could be?

When Ebner was out a couple years back, it wasn't Chung, which I found interesting. No one has really mentioned the punt coverage units..

Pro-Football-Hall-Of-Fame-Gold-Coat-850x1300.jpg

I always thought it was hair color.

That's one of those, what do they call em..."immeasureables"? Like coachability, or upside, or end zone celebration creativity...

BTW- Sam had the best hit of the day on the GL when he filled a gap and crushed White, (I think) about a yard behind the LOS

Anyone else concerned about the run game with Trent Brown, Gronk and Dwayne Allen all gone? That's a pretty significant hit to that phase of the game.

Anyone else concerned about the run game with Trent Brown, Gronk and Dwayne Allen all gone? That's a pretty significant hit to that phase of the game.

Absolutely.

no, won't have much effect. Trent Brown was average and Wynn is a mauler plus Sony healthy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft