PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Day 3 Training Camp (Real practice begins)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are such a liar.

The discussion we had about dorsett was you saying god 50% catch to target rate meant he dropped half the passes thrown to him and I told you that was uninformed and idiotic.

You love to make things up and say I said them. The primary sign of someone who knows they lose every disagreement we ever have.
When you need to revise history to be right you are admitting you were wrong.

Oh and yes I am happy that we traded a guy who would have never played for us for the receiver who caught the only 2 post season td passes we had last year. I will call that a win.

The one thing that we can agree on is that youre full off crap.

The debate was that you claiming that Dorsett had great hands and only dropped 3 passes out of 98 targets.

You think every incomplete pass to him plus some of his catches were drops?
He caught 33 of 59.
So your argument is he dropped 56% which is 29. So every incomplete plus 3 of his catches were drops. Okay, keep clowning yourself.

Btw he had 3 drops.

What a joke. People here have seen Edelman drop 3 passes in 1 game, but that wont stop your nonsense. An Indy sportswriter paid to watch every Colts game explained why 1st round pick Dorsett could be gone in just 2 seasons.

Insider: Has Colts receiver Phillip Dorsett done enough to keep his job?

DROPS.

Your crowing that Dorsett had a 2018 76% catch rate in NE and leads the Pats is funny. Cordelle Patterson had a 75% catch rate last year. Another Stud WR who got away.

I’m not suggesting that they should’ve done anything differently as much as I’m showing frustration that the deal didn’t come to fruition. Humphries would’ve been a great player to take the bulk of the hits via the slot, while also helping to prolong Edelman’s career. It would have been a nice pairing.

If there were a hypothetical answer to your question though, I suppose that they underbid in the beginning and then attempted to correct the situation by offering more money once Humphries had already agreed with TEN. If you don’t care for the specific example of Humphries, look no further than missing out on Andy Isabella in the draft. While I’m certainly not here to try and place blame on a group of masterminds, this is another example where they either seemed to misread the market a bit, or they just didn’t prioritize it as highly as some fans did.
Anyone that doesn't want to work his ass off would have failed here. I'm glad he passed....means he knew how weak he was.

The one thing that we can agree on is that youre full off crap.

The debate was that you claiming that Dorsett had great hands and only dropped 3 passes out of 98 targets.

What a joke. People here have seen Edelman drop 3 passes in 1 game, but that wont stop your nonsense. An Indy sportswriter paid to watch every Colts game explained why 1st round pick Dorsett could be gone in just 2 seasons.

Insider: Has Colts receiver Phillip Dorsett done enough to keep his job?

DROPS.

Your crowing that Dorsett had a 2018 76% catch rate in NE and leads the Pats is funny. Cordelle Patterson had a 75% catch rate last year. Another Stud WR who got away.
You doubling down on your ignorant argument says all I need to say.

Anyone that doesn't want to work his ass off would have failed here. I'm glad he passed....means he knew how weak he was.

Or he was actually worried about how long Brady would play matching up with the amount of years he was signing for, and he actually wanted to play closer to home for a team he feels is on the rise? Or are we just supposed to dismiss what he said and assume he’s too mentally weak to play here?

Or he was actually worried about how long Brady would play matching up with the amount of years he was signing for, and he actually wanted to play closer to home for a team he feels is on the rise? Or are we just supposed to dismiss what he said and assume he’s too mentally weak to play here?

Are we really trying to rationalize Adam Humphries taking less money to play in Tennessee over New England?

Dorssett progressed well last year from the year before and Brady has gone to him on critical downs in the biggest games.

Why the f would he be cut especially with all the uncertainties we have at the position?

Dorssett progressed well last year from the year before and Brady has gone to him on critical downs in the biggest games.

Why the f would he be cut especially with all the uncertainties we have at the position?
Because there are too many guys who are better than he is, in this training camp would be why.

But that remains to seen.

Is training camp this uneventful that the only thing worth talking about is Phillip Dorset?

A Hogan that fell off a cliff last year. And I like Dorsett (shows up when his number is called). But he is what he is, a decent wr 3/4. Thing is, that’s about where Mo Harris is as well. Hoping Harry turns into our next wr1.

I was surprised to learn last year that Hogan's production last season was pretty much identical to every other year - 55 target, 35 catches, 532 yards receiving. Chris Hogan Stats | ESPN

It seemed like he didn't come up big in games when he was most needed like in previous seasons. I wish him well - he was a great guy and fun to watch.

I was surprised to learn last year that Hogan's production last season was pretty much identical to every other year - 55 target, 35 catches, 532 yards receiving. Chris Hogan Stats | ESPN

It seemed like he didn't come up big in games when he was most needed like in previous seasons. I wish him well - he was a great guy and fun to watch.

Main thing I noticed was the lack of separation he was getting.

Not really been mentioned, but Troy Brown is back with the team helping to coach WRs in TC..

Are we really trying to rationalize Adam Humphries taking less money to play in Tennessee over New England?
I also think that he could simply be a man of his word, and once he agreed to TEN’s amount he didn’t want to back out.

People keep stating that NE’s deal was better, but at one point it was not. That’s great that they made one last push at the end, but it wasn’t enough to seal the deal.

At any rate, we’re on to Braxton Berrios.

Hogan's numbers, like Dorsett's numbers, are tough to normalize. Hogan played 4 games as the WR1, yet only had 15 targets and 8 receptions, for 109 yards, in those 4 games. Furthermore, in 2 of the games, he managed just one reception. People will have their own theories about this. But, whether it's decline, being required to play above what was always his level, or something else, I think it's telling that Dorsett had 26 targets and 16 receptions, for 165 yards, in that same 4 game stretch.

And I think it tells us more when we add that to the fact that, with the return of Edelman and the integration of Gordon, Dorsett was mostly sent to the bench (In fact, after week 5, Dorsett had only 77 snaps until after the Pittsburgh game, when Gordon got suspended again, and then he had 63 snaps in the season's final two games), and Hogan had an 8 game stretch where he had only 14 targets and 8 receptions, before finally having another frequent target game in the season finale, after Gordon had been suspended (11 targets, 6 receptions, 64 yards, and that included an 0-for-everything in 62 snaps, in the first game after Gordon's suspension).

To me, that says that Dorsett was looked at as a limited-role OWR who was behind Gordon and wasn't really looked at in any other capacity, and Hogan was looked at as a guy who just didn't have the same game as he had previously. YMMV, of course. And, again to me, it looks as if the post-season actions of letting Hogan walk while retaining Dorsett for small money backs that up, as does Dorsett getting the bigger contract of the two.*

* And let me end by saying that I make no claims as to the health of Hogan, or game plans, or the like, so I make no final statement as to the underlying bedrock 'why' of how things played out as they did.

The only thing I'll add to Hogan-Dorsett is that Hogan was the better blocker of the 2 in the run game.

You doubling down on your ignorant argument says all I need to say.

Hilarious that anyone would go on and on about Dorsett as if he is anything special.

7 games last season Dorsett had ZERO receptions.
4 games last season Dorsett had a total of 7 receptions for 32 yards 0 TDs.

BUT HE HAD A 100% CATCH RATE!!! HAHAHA

Nobody can spin a bad player into a pro bowler like you can.

Pats need help at WR yesterday.

Gordon is gone 8 games we hope.
Thomas is injured
Im no thumb Doctor but, Edelman has a thumb issue that could effect him all season.

Time for Dorsett to get with it.

Pats need help at WR yesterday.

Gordon is gone 8 games we hope.
Thomas is injured
Im no thumb Doctor but, Edelman has a thumb issue that could effect him all season.

Time for Dorsett to get with it.

yep WR room is bad again.

Im no thumb Doctor but....
You're not a Doctor at all. Or a lawyer. You're a fan who says a lot of crap to get a reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes