PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Danny Etling Signs 4 Year Contract. (Merge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can have the number 1 overall pick with an obvious quarterback that everyone knows we should draft like a Peyton Manning or John Elway and Belichick will draft some unknown that nobody has even heard of. That's his MO. Arrogance? I don't know but it's what he does.

Umm...guys? The last two QBs the Patriots drafted were both starters in the NFL last year, remember? Where was the "arrogance" in drafting Jimmy G., a consensus 2nd rounder, in the 2nd round?

Etling was a 7th round flyer. I totally agree that his tape is ugly, and most didn't expect him to be drafted. On the plus side are NFL caliber arm strength, and great intelligence and work ethic (SEC scholar-athlete of the year). Then there's the report that he's been retooling his mechanics with Tom House in the offseason.

I'm not jumping up and down about him, but as a camp QB with some signs of greater potential, why not? It certainly doesn't approach the "arrogance" of drafting never-played-a-game Matt Cassel.

What have you seen as far as veteran cuts are concerned? I'll be watching the UFA signings over the next three days. After that settles down, I expect a big trade or two.

I really like Belichick picking up the future picks this week. A lot of teams have cap issues and need to shave off some mid-career veterans who could fit in New England. The Saints, Steelers and Falcons all have serious cap issues.

I haven't seen anything yet. I'm hoping there's an overpaid cover LB who springs loose.

He went 4 rounds later. Taking falk at 43 would’ve been like taking Jordan Richards in the 2nd round
Agreed. I had a 4th on him & was never his biggest fan. Although I wouldn't hate taken him in the mid rounds I'm glad we passed.

I'm actually hopeful we drafted another Cassel. The odds are much better he won't even make the practice squad, but he sounds like a fighter and someone to root for.

It's a 7th round pick and no risk. I think he'll fight it out with Johnny Manziel to see if one of them can make the Pats keep 3 QBs this year.

I'm not jumping up and down about him, but as a camp QB with some signs of greater potential, why not? It certainly doesn't approach the "arrogance" of drafting never-played-a-game Matt Cassel.

And even that wasn't "arrogance" so much as "taking a flier."

I'm actually hopeful we drafted another Cassel. The odds are much better he won't even make the practice squad, but he sounds like a fighter and someone to root for.

It's a 7th round pick and no risk. I think he'll fight it out with Johnny Manziel to see if one of them can make the Pats keep 3 QBs this year.

If Etling makes the roster, his contract is worth $2.5million.

If Etling makes the roster, his contract is worth $2.5million.

Are you sure? Stacey Coley, last year's 219th overall, is just over half a million charge. That might be the 4 year deal...

Etling has a decent arm. If you are going to leave Purdue, why on earth would you pick LSU, a team with a recent terrible track record of coaching up qb’s.

The Cards sign my Princeton binkie Kanoff....you know...just **** off you mangy Cards...I hate your phony azzed team and your idiotic acquisitions of "Saint" Warner and Carwreck Palmer decades past their primes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back