PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Danny Amendola Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude's just a winner through and through. And he's leaving his heart on the field for New England!!
Love Dola. All heart, SUPER clutch. Big TDs in the last 2 SBs and that big 2 point conversion in the last SB. Just a great Patriot, and will have a red jacket one day in the Pat’s Hall Of Fame.

Brady6 is not presently available. He's building a Taj Mahal style shrine in honor of MY Danny.:)

I was wrong about DA back in 2013, he has proven to be one of the most clutch players to ever wear an NFL jersey and has been a great teammate who put the team first. Pus he pulls chicks with ease...

Great guy, great teammate, great player, and great playa!

Bumping this thread because of his awesome game on Saturday night. And this catch.

10 catches for 100 yards. First career 100-yard postseason game. Crazy 3rd down conversions. One of the most clutch players in the Patriots dynasty. And I'm not the only one who appreciates him.

Bumping this thread because of his awesome game on Saturday night. And this catch.

10 catches for 100 yards. First career 100-yard postseason game. Crazy 3rd down conversions. One of the most clutch players in the Patriots dynasty. And I'm not the only one who appreciates him.

Jan'y Danny?

The 4th down conversion against Atlanta and the huge td against seattle

Can I cross reference this thread with the ones where some in here wanted him cut and gone more than once?
Danny has always been worth his salary - he had nasty groin issues his first year here and he couldn't easily heal from it.

Playoff Danny checked in Saturday night, already a fundamental piece in 2 SB trophies, headed to a 3rd one (but we are on to Jacksonville now not overlooking anyone). He deserves a statue around Gillete stadium someday.

There's nobody who I trust more on a big 3rd down to come up with a play than Danny, just sooo clutch!!!!

WR Danny Amendola
How he was overlooked: Undrafted free agent

Contributions: 11 catches, 112 yards

“By the time he got to New England, Amendola wasn't exactly an overlooked commodity (not at five years, $31 million). But still, the Patriots saw an asset in the undersized receiver who initially went undrafted out of Texas Tech.

Even now, the Patriots are sticking with Amendola (after having him take a pay cut) and it's paid off. In 2017, he posted his best season since jumping to New England. He continued his year by saving his best game for the postseason, as well.”

New England Patriots dominant win over Tennessee Titans was powered by talent overlooked by rest of NFL

I took a lot of crap back in 2013 when I said the money needs to go to Edelman and Amendola, as 2 bodies are better than 1 Welker.

Honestly, hate to say it, but it's almost like Welker never even played here.

I took a lot of crap back in 2013 when I said the money needs to go to Edelman and Amendola, as 2 bodies are better than 1 Welker.

No offense but that's ********. Welker was ****ing awesome and could have been MVP of SB42. He wasn't perfect but played his ass off and was incredibly productive.

I agree with your other statement.

No offense but that's ********. Welker was ****ing awesome and could have been MVP of SB42. He wasn't perfect but played his ass off and was incredibly productive.

I agree with your other statement.

Well, sorry, that's how I feel. Edelman is the better player overall, a winner, clutch, more dynamic, etc, and Amendola is far more clutch than Welker ever was.

Again, not a knock, but it's just how I feel. Welker was a glorified stat padder and a perfect fit for how Brady wanted to run this offense, he was tough, etc, but I'd be lying if I said I liked his selfish desires and delusions of wanting "Andre Johnson money" back in 2011/2012.

Some may disagree, but I could totally see this guy being nominated at some point for the Patriots Hall. It may take a while, but I can see it happening. He's basically been low-key Troy Brown for this team the past few seasons.

Well, sorry, that's how I feel. Edelman is the better player overall, a winner, clutch, more dynamic, etc, and Amendola is far more clutch than Welker ever was.

Again, not a knock, but it's just how I feel. Welker was a glorified stat padder and a perfect fit for how Brady wanted to run this offense, he was tough, etc, but I'd be lying if I said I liked his selfish desires and delusions of wanting "Andre Johnson money" back in 2011/2012.
Welker had one horrific non-catch but he put it all on the line and made some great clutch plays for the team over several years. And he did that while redefining a position. That being said, you have every right to your feelings of course.

I've always believed that Edelman is a better player, but "it's's almost like Welker never even played here"? Respectfully, that's ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back