PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Danny Amendola Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
there were playoff implications to that dropped catch--the patriots lost to the dolphins, ended up 12-4 and the 2nd seed in the playoffs instead of 13-3 and the 1st seed, had to travel to denver in the AFC championship where we all know what happened.

He was also playing on one leg.

except this play:

12/15/2013 vs. dolphins:

there were playoff implications to that dropped catch--the patriots lost to the dolphins, ended up 12-4 and the 2nd seed in the playoffs instead of 13-3 and the 1st seed, had to travel to denver in the AFC championship where we all know what happened.

I don't consider that a drop, that is the defender making a fantastic play on the ball and breaking up the play

Edit: realizing that like 5 other people already posted the same thing lol

Last edited:
there was no reverse-angle replay on the television broadcast. the only other replay they showed was a longer version of the high endzone shot:

Ok check out this video where it's paused at, at the 5 second marker. You can see the camera guy on his knees, blue shirt, black? pants, at around the 8 yard line. Big guy in blue shirt, black? shorts standing behind him. That's the angle I'm looking for. I'm guessing it's some NFL Films SoundFX/turning point/inside the NFL shot. I'm gonna do some google searches. If I find it I'll post it in here.

I just remember it looking amazing from that shot.

Ok check out this video where it's paused at, at the 5 second marker. You can see the camera guy on his knees, blue shirt, black? pants, at around the 8 yard line. Big guy in blue shirt, black? shorts standing behind him. That's the angle I'm looking for. I'm guessing it's some NFL Films SoundFX/turning point/inside the NFL shot. I'm gonna do some google searches. If I find it I'll post it in here.

I just remember it looking amazing from that shot.

found it for you.

from here @ 3:47:

Dude takes pay cut after pay cut and just keeps on going out and winning games

If the team winds up having a reserve in the cap come season end, I'm all for giving it all to Amendola!

@bbobbo Thanks!!!! That's the one!:)

i always like a good challenge. :)

completely off topic, but the way you found that camera-man in the other shot totally reminded me of a key plot element from The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo:

CliffsNotes: The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, Chapter 16

Working late into the night, Blomkvist discovers his second clue. By looking at all the photos featuring Harriet that day, he sees in the background a young woman taking a snapshot aimed in the general direction of Harriet's horrified gaze. By manipulating pictures of the woman with the camera, Blomkvist is able to see the car she is using, including part of the license plate and the sticker on the back. The investigative journalist knows that if he can find the photo the woman took, he could see what Harriet saw that day.

Outstanding Thread! Stuff like this is why I keep coming back to this wonderful forum.

Thread MVP: bbobbo!

Hmm, or should that be Amendola :)

here's amendola running through the brick wall that mcdaniels was talking about.

9/18/2016 vs. dolphins:

Strong, powerful legs that help to keep him driving forward. That's huge for a guy who doesn't necessarily have size on his side.

here's amendola running through the brick wall that mcdaniels was talking about.

9/18/2016 vs. dolphins:

When I first saw that, I did not realize it wasn't Brady. JG really does look similar.

9/18/2016 vs. dolphins:

I think McDaniels oddly described him as their best "trash" receiver.

This was another play that I thought of, in terms of how well he fights through tackles to gain that important yard or two:

15ovxc5.jpg

Amendola is just another L the Boston mediots, trolls and doom & gloomers have to take. So adamant not paying Welker and letting him go for him was a terrible decision.

I remember pewople were hard on him in his first year in NE. The injury, the expectations...

DA is gold. He is an excellent teammate & he makes the plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes