PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Danny Amendola Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlowGettingUp

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
As some folks have pointed out, Amendola always seems to catch the one before "The Catch." We all can recollect some of those big third-down catches on many Brady drives - it always feels like DA is clutch.

Well someone has run the statistics, and the reason Amendola seems clutch is that he is clutch:

Also this interesting statistic - not sure how far back it goes:

Anyhow I thought it would be nice for folks to post some of their favorite Amendola receptions here.

Here to start is the brilliant Amendola catch and Brady throw from the recent game:

Can I say the "C" word?
He is clutch. Not the otherworldly workhorse that is Jules, but in the right place at the right time when he is needed. When called upon he can step up, and when not called upon he can surprise. Big Props to the DA. Extremely valuable player, and I couldn't believe the discussions around him being cut.

"With a name like Danny Amendola, day was gonna come where I was gonna mourn ya."

Amendola has been kind of a strange player for us. Hasn't really had consistent production in regular seasons. But the guy seems to always come through in the clutch and make great catches. And he is money in the Super Bowl.

We initially got him to be a top receiving target but he's always been the 3rd or 4th option at receiver. Love what he has done for us.

He has the best hands on the team and since he came here there was always a good chemistry between him and Brady. That's the thing with our receivers they either get it from the start or never get it.

I posted in another thread that Danny is on pace to have his most productive year in the NFL career wise. Right now without Edelman he's our Best WR inside the numbers. Both Cooks and Hogan are outside guys. You can see there is a Ton of yards to be add over the middle. I just hope Brady dont lead him too much into trouble or into those mean LB's who like to tee off. Danny is tough but his little body can't take that kind of consistent NFL pounding.

As some folks have pointed out, Amendola always seems to catch the one before "The Catch." We all can recollect some of those big third-down catches on many Brady drives - it always feels like DA is clutch.

Well someone has run the statistics, and the reason Amendola seems clutch is that he is clutch:

Anyhow I thought it would be nice for folks to post some of their favorite Amendola receptions here.

Here to start is the brilliant Amendola catch and Brady throw from the recent game:

Your video led into:

And DA's play is so clutch, whoever was editing the highlights put it in twice! :D

The O looked much more in sync with him on the field. Once Mitchell comes back and now Cooks is Cookin...he's been making clutch plays for us for a while now

Looking at the vid above, you can see how hard it is for the defense to cover Gronk, Amendola and Cooks. Hogan wasn't a huge factor in the game. When Mitchell comes back, it'll be even more difficult for the defense. And of course if the Squirrel was healthy, it'd be sick how good we'd be.

Gotta have this one...

new-england-trick-play-against-baltimore.gif

This one was good too...

giphy.gif

And I'll throw in this for good measure...

DannyAmendolaSB51-2nd-TD.gif

He might only get thrown to once or twice a game, but there is no-one else I would rather see targeted on a 3rd and long with the game on the line, than Danny Amendola. One of the most underrated players in the NFL today and one of the most underappreciated Patriots of all time. The epitome of "do your job".

Yeah, Danny, he's a pretty good player.. I mean.. ZZZZzzzzzzz

He's almost like a Kevin Faulk of Pats receivers. His numbers don't blow you away, but he's a ****in baller, especially when it counts

I'm happy he's around.

Danny Amendola and James White have to be sporting the Best pair of hands on the Team. Throw it anywhere near them and it's a catch they have Stick em' or glue for hands.:D

Last edited:
He might only get thrown to once or twice a game, but there is no-one else I would rather see targeted on a 3rd and long with the game on the line, than Danny Amendola. One of the most underrated players in the NFL today and one of the most underappreciated Patriots of all time. The epitome of "do your job".

i absolutely agree, if you MUST have the catch, Edelman is nice, Gronk, Cooks, M&M, Hogan, James White currently
Randy moss, branch, givens, troy brown hystorically...ill take Amendola over all of them

most clutch WR we have ever had, possibly the NFL has ever seen, too bad its so impossible to track that, you throw the ball within a certain radius to the guy, it doesnt matter how he has to convulse his body, he will find a way and reel it in

i absolutely agree, if you MUST have the catch, Edelman is nice, Gronk, Cooks, M&M, Hogan, James White currently
Randy moss, branch, givens, troy brown hystorically...ill take Amendola over all of them

most clutch WR we have ever had, possibly the NFL has ever seen, too bad its so impossible to track that, you throw the ball within a certain radius to the guy, it doesnt matter how he has to convulse his body, he will find a way and reel it in

except this play:

12/15/2013 vs. dolphins:

there were playoff implications to that dropped catch--the patriots lost to the dolphins, ended up 12-4 and the 2nd seed in the playoffs instead of 13-3 and the 1st seed, had to travel to denver in the AFC championship where we all know what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft