PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Daniels refuses to be measured at combine

Then why did williams, maye and jjm all agree to be measured?
It is not that it would not do any good it’s obviously that Daniel‘s and his entourage believe that his weight is going to hurt him and that is why he did not get measured today. This to me is a pretty clear red flag.

Damn Sam, you are all over this ****. Turns out that Daniel’s didn’t even bother to show up at the Combine, he just had his agent bring a holographic image of him, that’s why he wouldn’t agree to be measured. Imagine how much trouble he would have been in if he measured 6’3 but didn’t weigh anything at all? AI has just come so far, Daniels interviewed with the Patriots and they never even suspected that he wasn’t actually there. Biggest scam ever, there’s a good chance that Daniels doesn’t even exist, and if the Patriots took him they would end up with nothing at all. They should just Trade 3 first round picks to Chicago and take Bo Nix at #1. That’s the safest thing to do.

How much weight did he gain in how much time?
I believe at the end of the season he was listed at 6'3 and 203. He's now 6'3 and 219. So he added 16 pounds since the National Championship Game and the Combine (and it was muscle he added). From all the pics I saw of him during the season, the dude had some serious biceps at 203 pounds.

I believe at the end of the season he was listed at 6'3 and 203. He's now 6'3 and 219. So he added 16 pounds since the National Championship Game and the Combine (and it was muscle he added). From all the pics I saw of him during the season, the dude had some serious biceps at 203 pounds.
So about 2.1# of muscle per week? Wow!
How the **** did he do it?

Lazar not sold on JJ.

My bottom line with McCarthy is this: if you're a team with a playoff-caliber roster that feels it can compete with a Brock Purdy, Jared Goff, or Baker Mayfield-level quarterback, then McCarthy can be that. However, if you need a quarterback to change the fortunes of your franchise as the Patriots do, then McCarthy isn't that, and the league sees the success of the 49ers, Lions, and Bucs and thinks, why not us?

New England's quarterback dilemma starts and ends with Daniels and Maye. From this perspective, McCarthy only becomes a serious consideration in a trade down scenario where the Pats take a non-quarterback in the first round and then target McCarthy later, with the same going for Penix, who also helped his stock this week.

J.J. McCarthy, Michigan
McCarthy threw the ball during workouts exactly the same way he does on film. There are some pretty throws, but I'm still seeing a passer who struggles to control the ball on drive throws because he's putting too much on it, leading to the ball sailing on him over the receivers head. He also struggled a bit with his consistency on go routes. I just do not see a very accurate passer. If he proves me wrong, I'll be the first to admit it.

Michael Penix, Jr., Washington
The real win for Penix was that teams believe his injury history is behind him, and there aren't many concerns about his health moving forward. During interviews, scouts were also impressed with Penix, as he's touted as a high-character guy and natural leader. On the field, as it always does, the ball exploded out of Penix's hand with good zip. He was the most impressive thrower in these drills. We should discuss him as an option for the Patriots at No. 34.

Bo Nix, Oregon
Nix is the accurate game manager who will be available in the second round, which is the proper time to take that skill set. Nix lacks arm strength but was consistent with his accuracy, which is why the pro comparison you hear the most with him is Alex Smith. Like McCarthy, the Pats should aim higher than Nix, but he could work for the right team.

Half the ints than Maye with only 2 less TDs, almost 9% better completion rate than Maye, 18 point higher QB rating than Maye.Frankly, it's Maye that I think is way overrated.
Is there a reason you are looking only at one season? If you look at their careers, Maye has 1,800 more yards, 14 more TD's with 5 more INT's.

McCarthy didn't even average 200 yards per game.

We could trade back to get McCarthy, but the danger in that is a team could leapfrog us when we trade back and that team takes him before we can.
We can’t trade back too far.

You know there is at least one team who would try and jump ahead of the Pats to take him.

You know there is a lot of smoke out there, but McCarthy seems to be impressing people in a QB hungry league.

Lazar not sold on JJ.

My bottom line with McCarthy is this: if you're a team with a playoff-caliber roster that feels it can compete with a Brock Purdy, Jared Goff, or Baker Mayfield-level quarterback, then McCarthy can be that. However, if you need a quarterback to change the fortunes of your franchise as the Patriots do, then McCarthy isn't that, and the league sees the success of the 49ers, Lions, and Bucs and thinks, why not us?

New England's quarterback dilemma starts and ends with Daniels and Maye. From this perspective, McCarthy only becomes a serious consideration in a trade down scenario where the Pats take a non-quarterback in the first round and then target McCarthy later, with the same going for Penix, who also helped his stock this week.

J.J. McCarthy, Michigan
McCarthy threw the ball during workouts exactly the same way he does on film. There are some pretty throws, but I'm still seeing a passer who struggles to control the ball on drive throws because he's putting too much on it, leading to the ball sailing on him over the receivers head. He also struggled a bit with his consistency on go routes. I just do not see a very accurate passer. If he proves me wrong, I'll be the first to admit it.

The real win for Penix was that teams believe his injury history is behind him, and there aren't many concerns about his health moving forward. During interviews, scouts were also impressed with Penix, as he's touted as a high-character guy and natural leader. On the field, as it always does, the ball exploded out of Penix's hand with good zip. He was the most impressive thrower in these drills. We should discuss him as an option for the Patriots at No. 34.

Bo Nix, Oregon
Nix is the accurate game manager who will be available in the second round, which is the proper time to take that skill set. Nix lacks arm strength but was consistent with his accuracy, which is why the pro comparison you hear the most with him is Alex Smith. Like McCarthy, the Pats should aim higher than Nix, but he could work for the right team.

Well it’s good to see some alternative opinion on JJM. Just purely viewing this forum even I’m getting second hand high off this kids farts.

I'm sure the listed numbers didn't change from the start of the year, potentially from further back

Is there a reason you are looking only at one season? If you look at their careers, Maye has 1,800 more yards, 14 more TD's with 5 more INT's.

McCarthy didn't even average 200 yards per game.

I didn't have any ulterior motives. I wasn't cherry-picking. I just picked their most recent season because that gives the clearest picture of where they are right now. Because we've all seen QB's that get better (or worse) as their college career progresses.

I didn't have any ulterior motives. I wasn't cherry-picking.
Yeah, you kinda were.
I just picked their most recent season because that gives the clearest picture of where they are right now.
No, it kinda doesn't. A 2 year sample is going to give a clearer picture than a 1 year sample.

Lazar not sold on JJ.

This won’t work
A non qb in the first will lead to jjm already be gone then

J.J. McCarthy, Michigan

Bo Nix, Oregon

Being unlikeable has nothing to do with how likely he is to be good at football. People are just hoping he's a bust.
I don’t think you can be a great leader with a bad character and not liked by teammates even tough he might be a good qb in the nfl

Yeah, you kinda were.

No, it kinda doesn't. A 2 year sample is going to give a clearer picture than a 1 year sample.
Mac Jones was pretty good his rookie year and a hot mess last year. I think his performance last year is the most relevant and I don't think his performance the years before that should be the basis for any draft decisions. Same principle.

(And no, I'm not suggesting any QB in the 2024 draft is anywhere close to Mac's most recent level of suckitude)

I would take McCarthy, if he’s there at #34. He’s worth it as a project.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back