PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Daniels refuses to be measured at combine

Wants more time to add weight for pro day…could be an issue, unless a team (Pats) plans to sit him anyway and give him time to add weight

Yeah, it was pretty obvious 210 was ********, Nabers didn't weigh in either, they are both going to come in shorter and lighter than reported....unless they show up to the proday with beer bellies.

All these high end players refusing to participate makes me ask questions. If you are too afraid to participate in a few exercises then you are hiding and I don't want you on my team.

Concerning.
Meanwhile McCarthy 6-3 and 219

If Maye is not there at 3 , maybe should consider JJM who may go top 5

Daniels probably weighs 18
Tyquan Thornton Ii

I agree, I hate that Daniels didn't get measured. And I also am really warming up to JJ McCarthy. I really love his competitiveness and attitude. As well as his skills. But I don't think I'd take him sooner than #10.

Caveat emptor

If I'm a GM I ponder whether he knows he won't pass a drug test and would rather be thought of as arrogant than too stupid to stay clean for a month for a test he knew was coming for years.

I could kinda see the top guys skipping the 40 and other performance tests for fear of injury. Although I don't like it. But skipping medicals raises all kinds of red flags for me. Is this guy hiding something, or think he deserves to be treated differently, or is he allergic to long, tedious days?

Last edited:
Half the ints than Maye with only 2 less TDs, almost 9% better completion rate than Maye, 18 point higher QB rating than Maye.Frankly, it's Maye that I think is way overrated.
I have never seen Maye play so no clue but I have seen the Michigan QB play in playoffs and he is an NFL backup at best. It is wild that people are talking 1st round let alone top 5 with him.

Concerning.
Meanwhile McCarthy 6-3 and 219

If Maye is not there at 3 , maybe should consider JJM who may go top 5

Daniels probably weighs 18
Tyquan Thornton Ii
McCarthy got up to 219 at 6'3, with that cannon for an arm and highly mobile? McCarthy is looking better and better (although I've always been an absolute Maye over Daniels guy, with McCarthy as our QB of the future if we can't get Maye).

Maye Mccarhy for me.

They seem like better team guys.
If we miss on Maye might have to overdraft McCarthy.
We could trade back to get McCarthy, but the danger in that is a team could leapfrog us when we trade back and that team takes him before we can.

Agree. Completely ridiculous to refuse to get your height and weight measured
Especially considering that his weight (210 pounds at 6'4) was a serious concern to begin with.

Wants more time to add weight for pro day…could be an issue, unless a team (Pats) plans to sit him anyway and give him time to add weight
What if his frame (like Tyquan) only can add so much more weight? That would explain why he doesn't want the medical and nutrition and strength and conditioning staff from any team to look at him up close.

I agree, I hate that Daniels didn't get measured. And I also am really warming up to JJ McCarthy. I really love his competitiveness and attitude. As well as his skills. But I don't think I'd take him sooner than #10.
The problem of trading back and acquiring more assets, is that a team could trade down in front of us and take McCarthy.

This is why I hate the combine. I think they should get rid of it rely on private workouts and maybe pro days. All it does is feed the media machine for the NFL does not really add anything at all. Who cares how fast someone can run in shorts

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back