PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Daniels refuses to be measured at combine

So we have these attitude "issues" (are they really? I don't know) with Williams.

Lots of folks claiming Maye is overrated.

Daniels looking like a solid 150 pounds and refusing to get measured.

McCarthy looking better mostly because of the three ranked above him.

Yep, I'm sold. Go get Baker Mayfield.
Mayfield is likely to resign with Tampa why would he sign with the Pats?

Imagine drafting a player at 34 thinking project vs starter for years to come ? Hard pill to swallow my good man.

I think McCarthy could have a very good upside, but I think it’s far more of a projection than the top 3. I think he should have stayed at Michigan for one more year, as I don’t believe he’s close to NFL ready, whereas I think the top 3 could start if needed to. I’m not opposed to McCarthy, I just think 34 makes more sense than 3 does. That said I think another QB needy team is going to move up to get him in the top 10.

Mac Jones was pretty good his rookie year and a hot mess last year. I think his performance last year is the most relevant and I don't think his performance the years before that should be the basis for any draft decisions. Same principle.

(And no, I'm not suggesting any QB in the 2024 draft is anywhere close to Mac's most recent level of suckitude)
Here’s the difference: if you sum up all 3 of Mac’s years, you have a **** QB. We don’t need to cherry pick to establish that fact.

For you to make your point about McCarthy, you have to completely disregard 2022 like it was ancient history, which is ridiculous. It was 2 years ago.

I don’t think you can be a great leader with a bad character and not liked by teammates even tough he might be a good qb in the nfl
Is there any evidence that he was disliked by his USC teammates or that he wasn't a good leader? I haven't seen any nor read any comments from GMs and execs about this. He's the consensus #1 pick for a reason.

I just think the media is trying to drum up some drama and the fans are eating it up. I see a very confident young man, ****y even, that's sure of himself. None of the top 3 QBs took part in the combine throwing drills (nothing to gain). I hope he drops to #3 because he's a Day 1 starter all day long.

Pats don't need a running back and that's all McCarthy will be in the NFL.
Love this kid Daniel's spirit. Standing up to the comish even before he is drafted.
What in the world? Lol. Compare their rushing statistics then get back to me about which qb is going to be a running back in the nfl.

This is why I hate the combine. I think they should get rid of it rely on private workouts and maybe pro days. All it does is feed the media machine for the NFL does not really add anything at all. Who cares how fast someone can run in shorts
The main reason the combine exists, IIRC, is for the independent tests and medical checks.

Holy ****, he does. Anyone check his mom out yet? If she’s Hot they need to trade up to 2 for him.
I just did the dirty work. Not a bad looking lady, but not in the same (gawd I feel like a pig but cant think of a different descriptor) tier as Wilsons mom. I also found a reddit thread discussing how similar the two look with this.

IMG_6165.jpeg

Is there any evidence that he was disliked by his USC teammates or that he wasn't a good leader? I haven't seen any nor read any comments from GMs and execs about this. He's the consensus #1 pick for a reason.

I just think the media is trying to drum up some drama and the fans are eating it up. I see a very confident young man, ****y even, that's sure of himself. None of the top 3 QBs took part in the combine throwing drills (nothing to gain). I hope he drops to #3 because he's a Day 1 starter all day long.
Not the media they would never do something like that.

What if his frame (like Tyquan) only can add so much more weight? That would explain why he doesn't want the medical and nutrition and strength and conditioning staff from any team to look at him up close.
That would def be bad. It is very odd that he refused to even be measured

This Caleb dude is overly ****y. What a ****. Not the type of QB we need in NE.

“Yeah, I can do it all. I think I’m one of the things where you know, I can really make a play with my feet, make a throw in the pocket, and you really don’t want to game plan for me, you want to game plan with me.”

The main reason the combine exists, IIRC, is for the independent tests and medical checks.
That is what it used to be now it is just a spectacle to make football 12 months

This Caleb dude is overly ****y. What a ****. Not the type of QB we need in NE.

“Yeah, I can do it all. I think I’m one of the things where you know, I can really make a play with my feet, make a throw in the pocket, and you really don’t want to game plan for me, you want to game plan with me.”
I see what you did there. Nicely played. Dude’s still a ****y **** though. ;)

There’s no need for somebody projected to go top 3 to take any risks that would alter their draft stock
You mean risks like finding out how low his weight is?

I think that providing medical records are much different than doing the drills or measuring height weight, vertical jump and so forth.

Medical records should be allowed to be provided at the player's option, probably on his pro day to teams that he has an interest in giving information.

They both had very clean pockets to work with in college that they won’t see in the pros.

Pats don't need a running back and that's all McCarthy will be in the NFL.
Love this kid Daniel's spirit. Standing up to the comish even before he is drafted.
Ray Lewis told JJ to lay off the eye black

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back