PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Daniels refuses to be measured at combine

SAM BAM. According to Bleacher report Jayden Daniels overslept this morning. You need to get a thread up on this huge red flag immediately. And it sounds like he had ketchup stains on his t shirt yesterday, not the kind of guy we need running that huddle. Big red flags.

Being unlikeable has nothing to do with how likely he is to be good at football. People are just hoping he's a bust.
While being unlikeable may have nothing to do with how good he is on an individual basis, football is a team game and QBs need the other players to believe in him. You can't be a successful NFL QB if you aren't liked by your teammates.

Whatever.

If they like him just take him at 3 and do not fool around.
Correct, you got a shot at your guy, you take them.

Daniel's lack of bulk doesn't bother me as much as his tendency to take sacks. Also, I'm less impressed when a 24 year old is dominating 20 year old competition. The reason he looked like a man among boys was because he was. I'm not convinced that he will be dominant in the pros.

Lazar not sold on JJ.

My bottom line with McCarthy is this: if you're a team with a playoff-caliber roster that feels it can compete with a Brock Purdy, Jared Goff, or Baker Mayfield-level quarterback, then McCarthy can be that. However, if you need a quarterback to change the fortunes of your franchise as the Patriots do, then McCarthy isn't that, and the league sees the success of the 49ers, Lions, and Bucs and thinks, why not us?

New England's quarterback dilemma starts and ends with Daniels and Maye. From this perspective, McCarthy only becomes a serious consideration in a trade down scenario where the Pats take a non-quarterback in the first round and then target McCarthy later, with the same going for Penix, who also helped his stock this week.

J.J. McCarthy, Michigan
McCarthy threw the ball during workouts exactly the same way he does on film. There are some pretty throws, but I'm still seeing a passer who struggles to control the ball on drive throws because he's putting too much on it, leading to the ball sailing on him over the receivers head. He also struggled a bit with his consistency on go routes. I just do not see a very accurate passer. If he proves me wrong, I'll be the first to admit it.

Michael Penix, Jr., Washington
The real win for Penix was that teams believe his injury history is behind him, and there aren't many concerns about his health moving forward. During interviews, scouts were also impressed with Penix, as he's touted as a high-character guy and natural leader. On the field, as it always does, the ball exploded out of Penix's hand with good zip. He was the most impressive thrower in these drills. We should discuss him as an option for the Patriots at No. 34.

Bo Nix, Oregon
Nix is the accurate game manager who will be available in the second round, which is the proper time to take that skill set. Nix lacks arm strength but was consistent with his accuracy, which is why the pro comparison you hear the most with him is Alex Smith. Like McCarthy, the Pats should aim higher than Nix, but he could work for the right team.

Cousin, Rattler had a fine day too. Think he leapfrogged Bo Nix.
Was impressed by Penix. Is he made of glass. Church is still out on McCarthy.
DW Toys

Is there a reason you are looking only at one season? If you look at their careers, Maye has 1,800 more yards, 14 more TD's with 5 more INT's.

McCarthy didn't even average 200 yards per game.
Cousin, In retrospect, none of these guys are going to win a game for the Pats in 2024. I am now back on the Cousins , Baker wagon and take someone like Penix or Rattler the second day. This is ridiculous. Too many holes to fill to trust on any of these kids. Way over-hyped.
Or yes.....fate worse than death....... I would take Fields.
DW Toys

This is why I hate the combine. I think they should get rid of it rely on private workouts and maybe pro days. All it does is feed the media machine for the NFL does not really add anything at all. Who cares how fast someone can run in shorts
But it does add another layer of interest…makes the season longer.

Honestly can't blame him. With today's hacking and leaks, why expose you MRs in a mass distribution. He's right, there's only going to be a handful of teams that'll have a chance to draft him. Why would the Chiefs need to see his MRs?
True. But saying it makes him a *****. Hes going to be easy to hate… already casting himself the villain. NFL heading to WWE territory.

While being unlikeable may have nothing to do with how good he is on an individual basis, football is a team game and QBs need the other players to believe in him. You can't be a successful NFL QB if you aren't liked by your teammates.

If he performs on the field then players will believe in him. That's how it works. Also, are there reports of his teammates not liking him? The media/fans having an issue with him is irrelevant.

Correct, you got a shot at your guy, you take them.

Daniel's lack of bulk doesn't bother me as much as his tendency to take sacks. Also, I'm less impressed when a 24 year old is dominating 20 year old competition. The reason he looked like a man among boys was because he was. I'm not convinced that he will be dominant in the pros.

He was 23

Being unlikeable has nothing to do with how likely he is to be good at football. People are just hoping he's a bust.
You ever play team sports ? It absolutely 100% does. “If you ain’t goin to war with me, You goin to war against me.” Plus being unliked at the most important position in football … heads up son !!

Cousin, In retrospect, none of these guys are going to win a game for the Pats in 2024. I am now back on the Cousins , Baker wagon and take someone like Penix or Rattler the second day. This is ridiculous. Too many holes to fill to trust on any of these kids. Way over-hyped.
DW Toys

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

2025 PLAYOFF PARTICIPANTS

DW Toys

Have fun watching dogshit every week.

I would take McCarthy, if he’s there at #34. He’s worth it as a project.
Imagine drafting a player at 34 thinking project vs starter for years to come ? Hard pill to swallow my good man.

If he performs on the field then players will believe in him. That's how it works. Also, are there reports of his teammates not liking him? The media/fans having an issue with him is irrelevant.
Why you thinking people want him to fail ? Makes no sense. Pick on Caleb day? If he’s showing himself to be a “me” player to the media, can’t imagine him behind closed doors.

I’d say that’s probably the main reason why MJ10(tm) isn’t long for this team…

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back