PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Daniels refuses to be measured at combine

Caleb Williams just feels like a pain in the ass QB that a team is going to have trouble build around to me. I know he is a special talent, but him constantly making everything about himself is not going to go well in an NFL locker room. Can he really be a leader of men when he is a mommy/daddy's boy who cares more about his own brand than anything else? It takes more than physical talent to succeed as an NFL QB. Even Trevor Lawrence has not been that great at the NFL level despite being one of the most hyped QB prospect ever.

I agree, I hate that Daniels didn't get measured. And I also am really warming up to JJ McCarthy. I really love his competitiveness and attitude. As well as his skills. But I don't think I'd take him sooner than #10.
If we love him unless we move down with zona we may have to take him at 3 or risk another team jumping us.

Caveat emptor

Honestly can't blame him. With today's hacking and leaks, why expose you MRs in a mass distribution. He's right, there's only going to be a handful of teams that'll have a chance to draft him. Why would the Chiefs need to see his MRs?

Agree. Completely ridiculous to refuse to get your height and weight measured
Because there's no benefit? The top guys can only be got by just a few teams. Give them the information.

If I'm a GM I ponder whether he knows he won't pass a drug test and would rather be thought of as arrogant than too stupid to stay clean for a month for a test he knew was coming for years.

I could kinda see the top guys skipping the 40 and other performance tests for fear of injury. Although I don't like it. But skipping medicals raises all kinds of red flags for me. Is this guy hiding something, or think he deserves to be treated differently, or is he allergic to long, tedious days?
There's been a lot of complaints by the players over the medical evaluations. I side with the players. Undergoe them with the relevant teams.

Caleb Williams just feels like a pain in the ass QB that a team is going to have trouble build around to me. I know he is a special talent, but him constantly making everything about himself is not going to go well in an NFL locker room. Can he really be a leader of men when he is a mommy/daddy's boy who cares more about his own brand than anything else? It takes more than physical talent to succeed as an NFL QB. Even Trevor Lawrence has not been that great at the NFL level despite being one of the most hyped QB prospect ever.
Was he viewed as a locker room cancer in college? I truly don't know.

If I'm a GM I ponder whether he knows he won't pass a drug test and would rather be thought of as arrogant than too stupid to stay clean for a month for a test he knew was coming for years.

I could kinda see the top guys skipping the 40 and other performance tests for fear of injury. Although I don't like it. But skipping medicals raises all kinds of red flags for me. Is this guy hiding something, or think he deserves to be treated differently, or is he allergic to long, tedious days?

He’s probably guaranteed to be the number 1 pick so why take the risk?

So we have these attitude "issues" (are they really? I don't know) with Williams.

Lots of folks claiming Maye is overrated.

Daniels looking like a solid 150 pounds and refusing to get measured.

McCarthy looking better mostly because of the three ranked above him.

Yep, I'm sold. Go get Baker Mayfield.

Because there's no benefit? The top guys can only be got by just a few teams. Give them the information.
Then why did williams, maye and jjm all agree to be measured?
It is not that it would not do any good it’s obviously that Daniel‘s and his entourage believe that his weight is going to hurt him and that is why he did not get measured today. This to me is a pretty clear red flag.

There's been a lot of complaints by the players over the medical evaluations. I side with the players. Undergoe them with the relevant teams.
Every team that could possibly want a QB is relevant if there's a trade.
After listening to Williams I'd pass on him. He has a ****ty attitude.

There’s no need for somebody projected to go top 3 to take any risks that would alter their draft stock
Couldn't refusing to participate scare teams away and drop a player down a notch or two?

if you don't want to do most of what is done at the combine,politely decline the invite and let teams know if they want to have you in for a private visit that you'll do all that if you accept. then someone who will participate can be invited.

There’s no need for somebody projected to go top 3 to take any risks that would alter their draft stock
Than why show up? Why not just use facetime while he’s at it for the interviews? You have hundreds of athletes there competing to be drafted, it’s a disservice to even attend imo.

Was shocked at McCarthy’s weigh in. Was expecting him to be much lighter. Speaks well of him that’s he’s been busting his ass in all the right ways.
If he becomes this drafts Mahomes (or reasonable facsimile thereof), I wonder if any of the naysayers and scoffers will admit it and apologize to those of us that suggested that he could be special? The kid seems to be taking this bettering himself thing seriously. If he puts this kind of work into his passing and learning the offense of the team that draft's him while he sits a year or two (as he's young enough to do so), he could be legit!

Was shocked at McCarthy’s weigh in. Was expecting him to be much lighter. Speaks well of him that’s he’s been busting his ass in all the right ways.

I’m guessing a lot of that weight gain was water retention. That might be why he didn’t run the forty which he’s been bragging about. A lot of people thought Bryce Young manipulated his weight last year. That’s probably what McCarthy did.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back