PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Damien Harris

Yeah with Harris he’s being used like Sony. An obvious run when he’s there. Wouldn’t mind seeing him catch some too.

and I bet those 4 snaps were QB run options.

McDaniels is SO F**KING TELEGRAPHICAL.

This is how an OC is that was carried by the GOAT QB. Thinks he can have a RB out there for 20 plays and run it with him on 16. Ya that might work when you got Brady back there doesn't work with bad QB play. Make no mistake smart DCs will pick up on that and will stack the box and dare Newton to audible to a pass when they see Harris check in and while I don't really care about that in-regards to this season it's something that needs to change for the future. He needs to take the rest of the season to break out of his "I got Brady as my QB" playcalling tropes

Last edited:
@DaBruinz Why do you think that’s funny? I mean you don’t really think Sony Michel > Damien Harris?
Maybe because before Sony went out, he had just put up 9 for 117.. People like yourself ignore that. And it's laughable. Michel was running better than Harris. And I do like Harris. I find it ridiculous for veteran posters like yourself to be making such declarations. I figured you knew better. I'm clearly wrong.

Only in your world is 6.7 YPC < 5.7 YPC..

This is how an OC is that was carried by the GOAT QB. Thinks he can have a RB out there for 20 plays and run it with him on 16. Ya that might work when you got Brady back there doesn't work with bad QB play. Make no mistake smart DCs will pick up on that and will stack the box and dare Newton to audible to a pass when they see Harris check in and while I don't really care about that in-regards to this season it's something that needs to change for the future but he needs to take the rest of the season to break out of his "I got Brady as my QB" playcalling tropes

this is the tendency that occurs in RB by committee approach

This is how an OC is that was carried by the GOAT QB. Thinks he can have a RB out there for 20 plays and run it with him on 16. Ya that might work when you got Brady back there doesn't work with bad QB play. Make no mistake smart DCs will pick up on that and will stack the box and dare Newton to audible to a pass when they see Harris check in and while I don't really care about that in-regards to this season it's something that needs to change for the future. He needs to take the rest of the season to break out of his "I got Brady as my QB" playcalling tropes
The 22 yard pass to Byrd to start the tying TD drive was off playaction to Harris.

Harris has certainly looked good so far but with only 50 carries I am not ready to plant the flag just yet. I do wonder how much impact having Cam as a running threat does for the RB's. Would they be as successful running w/o some of the focus being on Cam taking off? I really hope he is just that good but want to see a little more from him including in the passing game.

Maybe because before Sony went out, he had just put up 9 for 117.. People like yourself ignore that. And it's laughable. Michel was running better than Harris. And I do like Harris. I find it ridiculous for veteran posters like yourself to be making such declarations. I figured you knew better. I'm clearly wrong.

With a sample size of just a few games for each player, statistics don't go as far in proving your point as they might when the window is over one or more seasons. To my untrained eyes, Michel's famous 9 for 117 game included 2 runs where the blockers took absolutely everyone out of his running lane down the entire field. He also appeared pretty easy to catch from behind on those plays.

Harris doesn't look like a superstar to me, and the difference between him and Michel right now probably isn't huge, but I personally see more speed and power coming from Harris. He's made more out of less on plays where the blocking isn't great.

This kid is effectively going to end Sony Michel's Pats tenure at this pace.

I think he already has. Can’t really make an argument to put Harris back on the bench.

What do you mean at this pace. It's over. Harris is the man. Bye bye Sony

It's obviously a given that Soreknee's 5th-year option will not be triggered, but no harm in keeping him here next year for one last season...

I like what I've seen from Harris. He's decisive, cuts quickly and runs hard. He makes defenders earn those tackles. The pressure is on Michel.

Harris needs to take back #34 he wore in college when Burkhead leaves. #37 is a terrible number for a RB.
Would you say that number 37 isn’t...tight?

Harris this season

17 for 100
10 for 58 (game became a blowout, might have had a 100+ with more carries in a closer game)
16 for 102

Imagine if they were feeding this beast 25 times a game
It makes no sense why McDaniels hasn't been using Harris earlier or more or overall run 40 times as a team every week

Looks like that makes Jonas Gray the best RB in Patriots history. Can't wait for his red jacket ceremony.

With a sample size of just a few games for each player, statistics don't go as far in proving your point as they might when the window is over one or more seasons. To my untrained eyes, Michel's famous 9 for 117 game included 2 runs where the blockers took absolutely everyone out of his running lane down the entire field. He also appeared pretty easy to catch from behind on those plays.

Harris doesn't look like a superstar to me, and the difference between him and Michel right now probably isn't huge, but I personally see more speed and power coming from Harris. He's made more out of less on plays where the blocking isn't great.

What's your definition of a star? Harris has averaged over 5 yards a carry in 3 separate games. He's exactly what we need. I don't care about rare 80 yard TD runs. The kid puts us consistently in 2nd and 4 or 3rd and 1. And grinds out first downs and chews clock. He's PERFECT for us.

Looks like that makes Jonas Gray the best RB in Patriots history. Can't wait for his red jacket ceremony.

Yes, because 4.6 YPC is greater than 6.7 YPC. SMH. Keep posting dumb stuff.. Just means more people who will ignore you.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back