PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Damien Harris might be out for a while

Harris had been great so far. This could be a blessing in disguise however, as maybe this will increase the likelihood of his availability in late November and December.

I know Stevenson is RB1 now but that sucks. Bad timing for a guy who will be a FA next year.

Yeah, I love the 1,2 punch.. heard it's a hamstring.. that can be season ending for a back.. well tike to see what Pierre strong can do.. I still see them picking up another back.. also ty Montgomery should be due back soon so that helps..

Harris had been great so far. This could be a blessing in disguise however, as maybe this will increase the likelihood of his availability in late November and December.

Definitely hope he takes his time with it. I think during this stretch we are fine with rham and the newbs, but having them both full strength for that stretch is critical

Definitely hope he takes his time with it. I think during this stretch we are fine with rham and the newbs, but having them both full strength for that stretch is critical
Yes hamstrings are tough, and can be season ending as well.. love Stevenson.. guys definitely a pro bowl caliber back.. we need ty Montgomery back as well as mixing in Taylor and strong as well.. I'm sure we will sign another back off some teams practice squad for depth..

It's Rham's job now. I like Harris' quick decision style of running, but he gets hurt too much.

If we put d Harris on ir, then I hope k Harris gets a chance, provided he does not fumble.

I think strong needs a red shirt year.

It's time to watch JJ Kid Dyno-Mite explode in Cleveland... Rham is Tough, but he needs some help too...

I didn't think Strong had a great preseason (he needs a red shirt year?), I thought K Harris was better. Ty was not activated (I am not a fan) and LJH was released, so I assume D Harris is not going on IR (injury is not severe). After D Harris I think there is a drop-off so let Rham play as much as possible.

Ouch ! Damn, he and Rham are quite the duel threat and now we don’t have that . In this young season we have had quite a few injuries already !!

But not severe season ending injuries so far. Fingers crossed.

JJ Taylor is a perfect change of pace back to Rhams downhill running style. Hate to see him get elevated because of injury, but hoping he finally gets a decent shot at the scat back role.

I'd be tempted to activate both JJ & Strong. I don't like relying on the hope that a rookie or a smallish scat can shoulder the load if Rham goes down. I guess I don't even like the idea of Rham going down...

I didn't think Strong had a great preseason (he needs a red shirt year?), I thought K Harris was better. Ty was not activated (I am not a fan) and LJH was released, so I assume D Harris is not going on IR (injury is not severe). After D Harris I think there is a drop-off so let Rham play as much as possible.
Hard to guess with the team, some of the moves we make are head scratching at times.. As BB is always forward thinking.. the patriots don't always do the obvious things that need addressing.. I still feel K. Harris/JJ Taylor along with 3rd down back ty Montgomery are viable options. Cap space is always an issue right now, I just hope R. Stevenson can hold up the duration of the season..

I'd be tempted to activate both JJ & Strong. I don't like relying on the hope that a rookie or a smallish scat can shoulder the load if Rham goes down. I guess I don't even like the idea of Rham going down...

Yeah id hope for 3 active rb’s vs just 2. If either back goes down its too thin. Since humphrey is gone and agholor possibly out thats likely 2 less wr active than last week so guessing we do see 3 rbs

I feel like Pierre Strong should be like a poor man's Kareem Hunt but we haven't seen much. Hopefully Hunt motivates him on the other side.

I've never been that impressed with JJ Taylor. I know that Ivan Fears loves the kid. But he's just never put it together to be even a complementary back..

EDIT: Maybe with the O-line gelling and doing well and the fact that Cleveland's run defense sucks, it will finally be the catalyst for him to make that jump.

JJ Taylor is the reason I started liking Dion Lewis less

activate Strong and/or Harris.
ISSUE ONE: the player needs to pick up the blitz.
ISSUE TWO: the player needs to block
ISSUE THREE: we need as emergency injury backup to carry the ball.

I could see us signing a free agent.

We could trade for McCaffery. I think that the cost is about $11M per year plus any bonuses.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back