PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Dalton Keene

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have 6 picks, I’m only expecting to use 4 of them. Would give us a 9 man draft class.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them use all 6.. I think that they are going to have large number of rookies make the team this year.

I'm impressed with his tape. He looks smaller than his size which is odd to me, but he's a solid blocker and his delayed release and ability to line up in the backfield and sneak into the flat is really good. He can line up in the slot and find open zone too. Solid pick and upgrade over current players for for.

Mike Reiss
@MikeReiss

20m

Patriots TE Dalton Keene (third round, No. 101) said he was roommates with TE Devin Asiasi (third round, No. 91) at the combine. "We spent a good amount of time together. It was a really good shared experience," Keene said, adding that he hopes they can complement each other well

I'm impressed with his tape. He looks smaller than his size which is odd to me, but he's a solid blocker and his delayed release and ability to line up in the backfield and sneak into the flat is really good. He can line up in the slot and find open zone too. Solid pick and upgrade over current players for for.

A lot of people have thought Dalton would be bigger.

I agree. On tape he looks smaller than his actual size. Maybe it’s the #29...

The return of the "dink and dunk offense"???... the Pats did OK with that previously.

When they had guys who could get open quickly. They don't have that anymore.

I agree. On tape he looks smaller than his actual size. Maybe it’s the #29...
I swear I was going to say this and think it but wasn't brave enough :(

I do think certain #'s create a certain look to some players. I agree though he does look 240-ish. 6"4/250 is big enough though. Especially with his quicks and speed.

So nothing impactful to date, and Jimmy G just went to the SB. Good deal.
Good for Jimmy. And how many SBs did the Pats win after the trade?

Mike Reiss
@MikeReiss

20m

Patriots TE Dalton Keene (third round, No. 101) said he was roommates with TE Devin Asiasi (third round, No. 91) at the combine. "We spent a good amount of time together. It was a really good shared experience," Keene said, adding that he hopes they can complement each other well

Okay, so which one's the murderer?

Good for Jimmy. And how many SBs did the Pats win after the trade?

Your point?

If we would have got absolutely nothing back, the situation would still be the same. Would that have made a Jimmy G for nothing trade a good one?

I like Keene...But...He was taken way, Way WAY Too Feckin Early.....and he should've never, Ever, EVAH been taken ahead of Adam Trautman.

Agree he does not look his size maybe because of his very smooth running style. What I like on his tapes is his versatility. He can block, he is good after the catch - sometimes he plays alike WRs. Other time he runs like a real,powerful RB. IDK how his career is going to roll but I have feelings he would be useful in many different offensive schemes.I really hope he will.

Dont know much about him (other than what I've read/seen on film, all of which I liked), but seems like he'd be capable of playing some fb. Badly needed, with Develin gone.
They say he's a strong runner, so possible triple threat,running,blocking, receiving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back