PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DaBruinz Cut Down thoughts:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry man, but there is no way in hell the Pats are going with only 8 O-linemen. The only time they have done that is when they had a TON of injuries and there was no one else for them to sign.. Having only Karras to back up the 3 interior line positions? Not happening..

The idea that they will go with only 3 WR and 3 TE until Edelman is done his suspension makes no sense either.

Last year we went with 8 OL men as well. The interior was Thuney, Andrews, Mason, and Croston.

Last night Croston played some LT. I think the coaching staff likes his versality.

And...yes I think we go into the season with 4 WR's (including Slater). I think we will lean on Burkhead, White, Hollister, and even Allen before we lean on Slater. Yes, a WR injury changes that fast...

I think we announce this 53...then make some trades.

There is no one currently on the team that I would keep over this list of 53. The only one that I might consider is Valentine. Also, we might keep McCarron instead of a 7th corner,

My final 2018 53 man projection:

QB (2) T.Brady, B.Hoyer
RB (6) R.Burkhead, S.Michel, J.Develin, J.Hill, B.Bolden, J.White
WR (4) C.Hogan, C.Patterson, M.Slater, P.Dorsett
TE (3) R.Gronkowski, D.Allen, J.Hollister
C (1) D.Andrews
G (3) S.Mason, J.Thuney, T.Karras
T (4) T.Brown, M.Cannon, C.Croston, L.Waddle
DE (5) T.Flowers, A.Clayborn, D.Wise, K.Davis, D.Rivers
DT (4) M.Brown, D.Shelton, A.Butler, L.Guy
ILB(4) J.Bentley, N.Grigsby, E.Roberts, D.Hightower
OLB(3) B.King, M.Flowers, K.VanNoy
CB (7) S.Gilmore, D.Dawson, J.Jones, C.Jones, J.Jackson, J.McCourty, E.Rowe
SS (2) P.Chung, N.Ebner
FS (2) D.McCourty, D.Harmon
ST (3) S.Gostkowski, R.Allen, J.Cardona
Total players: 53

Last year we went with 8 OL men as well. The interior was Thuney, Andrews, Mason, and Croston.

Last night Croston played some LT. I think the coaching staff likes his versality.

And...yes I think we go into the season with 4 WR's (including Slater). I think we will lean on Burkhead, White, Hollister, and even Allen before we lean on Slater. Yes, a WR injury changes that fast...

I think we announce this 53...then make some trades.

You really shouldn't argue with the guy who tracks the roster movements and can show you last year's thread.

They went with "8" for 4 days. From 9/3 (which was cut down day last year) to 9/7 when they re-signed Karras to the Main Roster for the game that day. It's the same day they put Mitchell on the IR.

The only time the Patriots have gone with 8 was to end a season and into the play-offs. It was because they'd lost 2 OTs to injury as well as 2 interior guys. They didn't have anyone on the PS to sign.

There is no one currently on the team that I would keep over this list of 53. The only one that I might consider is Valentine. Also, we might keep McCarron instead of a 7th corner,
Gotta keep valentine or there is no backup to Shelton

You really shouldn't argue with the guy who tracks the roster movements and can show you last year's thread.

They went with "8" for 4 days. From 9/3 (which was cut down day last year) to 9/7 when they re-signed Karras to the Main Roster for the game that day. It's the same day they put Mitchell on the IR.

The only time the Patriots have gone with 8 was to end a season and into the play-offs. It was because they'd lost 2 OTs to injury as well as 2 interior guys. They didn't have anyone on the PS to sign.
They carried 8 after cannon went on IR

I have a BA in history and I'm somewhat loaded.

But I don't know anything about history and my MBA and huge brain and work ethic are why I've done OK and that history degree was such a waste of time and money damnit.
You should have gotten both history and art degrees and turned into Thomas Crown.

Not arguing here. It's my best guess and I believe we are going to make a few more moves. The initial 53 man roster is never final. I don't remember a year in where we had the same 53 man roster for the first 3-4 weeks.

Interesting. Right now the Pats only have 4 safeties and one of them is Ebner. I wonder if they plan to make a move there.

Gotta keep valentine or there is no backup to Shelton
I have really big hopes last year for Vincent Valentine, but he got injured and guess it is over. I hate it.

I have really big hopes last year for Vincent Valentine, but he got injured and guess it is over. I hate it.
Don’t care that much about valentine but don’t like not having a backup for Shelton.

Sorry man, but there is no way in hell the Pats are going with only 8 O-linemen. The only time they have done that is when they had a TON of injuries and there was no one else for them to sign.. Having only Karras to back up the 3 interior line positions? Not happening..

The idea that they will go with only 3 WR and 3 TE until Edelman is done his suspension makes no sense either.

They went with 7 OL men after all including Karras. I think they add back some guys like Croston to the PS...if they don't get picked up.

DItto for 3 WRs as I doubt we will get anyone ready to play in 8 days and have that WR on the 45 man game day roster.

My final 2018 53 man projection:

QB (2) T.Brady, B.Hoyer
RB (6) R.Burkhead, S.Michel, J.Develin, J.Hill, B.Bolden, J.White
WR (4) C.Hogan, C.Patterson, M.Slater, P.Dorsett
TE (3) R.Gronkowski, D.Allen, J.Hollister
C (1) D.Andrews
G (3) S.Mason, J.Thuney, T.Karras
T (4) T.Brown, M.Cannon, C.Croston, L.Waddle
DE (5) T.Flowers, A.Clayborn, D.Wise, K.Davis, D.Rivers
DT (4) M.Brown, D.Shelton, A.Butler, L.Guy
ILB(4) J.Bentley, N.Grigsby, E.Roberts, D.Hightower
OLB(3) B.King, M.Flowers, K.VanNoy
CB (7) S.Gilmore, D.Dawson, J.Jones, C.Jones, J.Jackson, J.McCourty, E.Rowe
SS (2) P.Chung, N.Ebner
FS (2) D.McCourty, D.Harmon
ST (3) S.Gostkowski, R.Allen, J.Cardona
Total players: 53

On offense....Croston out for Izzo....otherwise intact.

On defense...M.Flowers/C.Jones out for Grissom/Crossen.

Overall 50/53.....94.33% woo hoo!!!

On offense....Croston out for Izzo....otherwise intact.

On defense...M.Flowers/C.Jones out for Grissom/Crossen.

Overall 50/53.....94.33% woo hoo!!!
Hoping we snag Croston back up, tomorrow.

Hoping we snag Croston back up, tomorrow.
He’s the logical choice for a backup at both inside and outside positions. Also, hoping that Bolden is added like last year.

Uhhh...

What? You think that the Patriots aren't going to make any more moves between now and the game? Clearly you haven't followed this team at all if you think that.

Going with seven o line guys and knowing Cannon is one of them is scary. Cannon gets injured stepping out of bed in the morning. Tough as toilet tissue paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News