PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coronavirus RESPECTFUL Discussion Only! (Mod edit: Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for “why so few deaths” compared to number of cases, you have to remember that on average it takes people 14-21 days to die from it if they are gonna die.

So the people dying now were infected 2-3 weeks ago — when the number of cases were a lot less.

Likewise, it’s going to take 2-3 weeks for the people who got infected now to die.

That’s why it’s pretty meaningless to just divide deaths by cases in this to get a death rate.

You instead need to divide deaths on a given day by the number of new cases that happened on the day two weeks before that day.

ezgif.com-resize (15).gif

Made a huge groceries trip this morning. 10 days of meals. No toilet paper, no lysol, and the only flour was cake flour, but everything else on the list was there. Not too crazy busy. You can't really pass somebody in the grocery aisle and keep your 6feet of space, though.

2 of the 3 times I've been outside was to pick up walmart curbside.

Have to do it days in advanced now but there ain't no reason to go inside if you plan it rightt

People differentiate between spending on an emergency that isn't a result of bad policy by banks, and an act of nature. The spending is also for small business and individuals and not exclusively for the corporations that caused the problem.

People don't adhere to your simplistic formulations.

It's funny that you appear to actually believe this stuff. The difference is who is in the White House now versus then, nothing more, nothing less.

I don't think that is true now. Both parties and ideologies need a reboot.

what's not true? 85% of this country's GDP comes from blue counties....the reason why the coronvirus map looks like it does has nothing to do illegal immigration.......it has to do with the activity that occurs surrounding the most diverse economic centers

It’s a really odd dynamic. Each are getting something they want, Trump gets votes and they get a guy that can select SCOTUS judges to chip away at Roe v Wade. They also get a mouthpiece and national stage for other issues that they feel have been ignored during the Obama years.

For those gains, they are willing to overlook many of the negative things that would have traditionally disqualified POTUS support.

I know. Isn't it great?

The North’s attitudes on race were not that different, maybe on slavery, but not on race.
I'm aware of 19th century supremacist attitudes in the north but there is a large gap between believing you're superior if you're white and mass lynchings, murder and arson that was going on in the south

what's not true? 85% of this country's GDP comes from blue counties....the reason why the coronvirus map looks like it does has nothing to do illegal immigration.......it has to do with the activity that occurs surrounding the most diverse economic centers
What are you talking about? I'm talking about ideology and how both parties have lost their ideological compass. Not illegal immigration. You replied to the wrong post

What are you talking about? I'm talking about ideology and how both parties have lost their ideological compass. Not illegal immigration. You replied to the wrong thread.

what is liberalism's ideological compass? refresh me, I could use a good laugh

There is a huge difference between "immigrants" and illegal aliens! That is what the map shows.

Every Immigrant has a physical and is screened by a doctor BEFORE they enter the US (or in the process of adjusting to legal status if they are already in the US).

Illegal Aliens, are mostly unvaccinated, have never seen a doctor in their lives (until they go to the ER here on your tax dollar), live together in large numbers, and tend to live in squaller. If you can't see how that leads to a greater spread of the virus then, I can't help you. Make all your liberal cries you want, but by encouraging illegal population to their cities, these liberal politicians have put their population at greater risk. Sure the rich guy on the upper West side can pay his servants sub standard wages, but when one of them gives him the virus because he has to live with 43 other people in a two bedroom apartment, I have ZERO sympathy for them!

I see everyone is crying about slavery, there is no need for it anymore, because of illegal aliens. Do you know what the prevailing hourly wage is for an illegal Chinese worker in the US?

Its about $.75 an hour! That is because they all owe the gangs back in China a smuggling debt, that if they don't pay will be taken out on their family back in China. So they newer illegals undercut the wages of the other illegals.

Ditto for the Mexicans, every single illegal Mexican has paid (or still owes) a Mexican drug cartel a smuggling debt. Granted the Mexicans make more than $.75 a hour, but they depress the wages of everyone else. I see people now, making the same hourly wage working at restaurant jobs, that I made in the 80s!

All of this misery is inflicted by your high liberal ideas! and now, aside from the nightly drunk driving illegal Mexican killing Americans, they are killing them with this virus too!

Mexico has comparable vaccination rates to the US for preventable diseases per WHO data, but don't let that stop your wildly racist rant about the dirty illegals.

Mexico: WHO vaccine-preventable diseases: monitoring system. 2019 global summary

USA: WHO vaccine-preventable diseases: monitoring system. 2019 global summary

Thank you mister trump for your 1200 dollar check. I will take into consideration on wether to put you second to last or last on my Maine rank choice voting ballot

And that's all you're getting.

The rest is going to corporations that paid zero income tax last year, and the year before that, and the year.. oh never mind.

People differentiate between spending on an emergency that isn't a result of bad policy by banks, and an act of nature. The spending is also for small business and individuals and not exclusively for the corporations that caused the problem.

People don't adhere to your simplistic formulations.

Please tell me how much money is actually going to small business and individuals.

On one side, we have the Trump haters and bashers. He could announce that he has the cures for COVID-19 and cancer, and the haters will still hate him. On the other side, we have the Trump lovers who will support and tout him, even if, he stood in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shot people, to paraphrase him. Everyone is so dug in on their position. I am going to peace out on this thread. I hope you all stay healthy, I'll see you on the football related threads.

You claim democrats are better capitalists. Substantiate.

I already did...GDP by locality says it all........if a bunch of liberals moved to the rust belt, things would improve there economically.......they like being near oceans, though

I also see him as a narcissist but not from being a pol. I think he got that way during his life.
I see most politicians as narcissists. Trump is no different except hes that and a meglomaniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST