PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coronavirus RESPECTFUL Discussion Only! (Mod edit: Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultimately England and Churchill are to blame for the conflict between India and Pakistan that has been going on for 60+ years.

the end of the british and french empires kicked up a lot of dust

Trump just pwned Andrew Cuomo lol. Cuomo had the opportunity buy 16K ventilators for a cheap price in 2016 and turned it down.

I thought you had to live in Fantasy (is)land to shutdown the entire country.

Make up your mind Herve.

I meant Trump could do it if it gets really bad, but yeah it's fantasyland based on the current conditions.

People like my father and I would have to continue living the way we are now. It wouldn’t change anything for us.

If you read The NY Times article, letting healthy & young return to normal life can kill off this virus. Doing what we’re doing won’t and it will crash our nation.

we can’t social distance for a year or more...thats just not an option
The concepts in that article were tried in the UK. Boris abandoned them just yesterday calling for police to enforce gatherings greater than 2 people! That's right, 2 people!

In addition, that concept requires a ton of testing data for it to work. Testing to this day is anemic. There simply aren't enough tests to make it work.

Cases and deaths up somewhat in Italy today - ugh

Trump just pwned Andrew Cuomo lol. Cuomo had the opportunity buy 16K ventilators for a cheap price in 2016 and turned it down.
I'm sure that's the entire story. But even if true, do you think it's productive to go back to 2016 when the citizens of NY, you know Americans, need the ventilators TODAY! The Feds have 12,000 in a stockpile and as of this morning were only sending 400 to NY when they need >20k.

Do you think it's responsible to try to "own" a Gov. that is begging for help from the President to save the lives of Americans?

Grow the fv^k up Tattoo.

Operative part of that post, "in 2016".

He probably assumed the federal government would properly manage health crises before they occurred, so that he didn't need to spend money on surplus ventilators.

Trump just "pwned" him. F*ck's sake, you're insufferable.

I'm sure that's the entire story. But even if true, do you think it's productive to go back to 2016 when the citizens of NY, you know Americans, need the ventilators TODAY! The Feds have 12,000 in a stockpile and as of this morning were only sending 400 to NY when they need >20k.

Do you think it's responsible to try to "own" a Gov. that is begging for help from the President to save the lives of Americans?

Grow the fv^k up Tattoo.

I think there are 2 important comments here.

If the Feds only have 12K in stockpile why would it be sensible for the state of NY to stockpile 16K?

Second, why didn't Obama add those ventilators to the federal stockpile?

That's brilliant! Pwning state governors desperately asking for help is exactly the behavior befitting the president of supposedly the most powerful country on earth.

Yeah, it's just a little bit more money...no big deal. We can always print more, right? :rolleyes:

We can. That's why we have a fiat currency. We can actually print more (borrow from ourselves) and the result might be some funky inflation/deflation bouncing around, which is probably better than the alternative of just shutting it all down without relief.

I’m confused. Trump wasn’t even president in 2016

Ultimately England and Churchill are to blame for the conflict between India and Pakistan that has been going on for 60+ years.

England, yes. Churchill, no. Churchill was out of office by '45. It was Attlee who ignored the pleas of the Jinnah and made the partition a secular decision.

Dr. Brix has really sold her soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots