PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coronavirus RESPECTFUL Discussion Only! (Mod edit: Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are, it's not hard to intrepet this. "Their hoax"(Anrgy Democrats) is not the same as "It's a hoax" (The Virus). Whew Lad.
It's equally damning to Trump under either interpretation. If he meant Dem/media hoax, the "hoax" in that case was the claims that this was a calamity when he felt it really wasn't. He was accusing them of being political, not real.

It turns out the claims of calamity were totally true. So by calling that a hoax, he was encouraging his followers to not treat this as a crisis, just to live your normal lives. He was the one being political.

"Remove those states from the total and the numbers are pretty low."
- TommyBrady12

“Remove my head from Trump’s ass and the numbers are a lot higher (and it smells better too.)”
-TommyBrady12

Counter-proposal, you head to Breitbart to post foolish "information" like the rest of 'em.

I've been one of the strongest proponents of fans from opposing teams being welcomed here. But your godawful posting in this thread has caused me to re-assess.

I've been one of the strongest proponents of fans from opposing teams being welcomed here. But your godawful posting in this thread has caused me to re-assess.

Coming from you, that's a compliment. Thank you.

The deaths the last 3 days have been 54, 57 and 45. This is not a disease that takes a month to kill you. If we had 5 million infected and the death rate was 1%, there would be way more than 279 deaths.

I agree but we haven't tested enough to know how many actual deaths there really are.

"We'll be celebrating a great victory in the not so distant future."
- donny

Yes we will. In November to be exact.

Agreed. I like Trump overall. But damn he violated one of the biggest rules. Under promise, over deliver. November is pipe dream even in my opinion. Maybe things gets a bit better but mass gatherings will still be outlawed.

I agree but we haven't tested enough to know how many actual deaths there really are.

According to the federal numbers around 195k. From a nation of 400 mil with undocumenteds. Drop in the bucket.

It's both scary and good.

It's scary because it means it will spread faster.

It's good because hopefully immunity is building up faster than we may think.

It's going to be super important to get antibody tests online that can tell who is immune (assuming, of course, that getting it means you're immune for at least some meaningful length of time).

It also means the mortality rate is much lower than we think.

The problem with looking at percentages right now is that our health system is still not completely overwhelmed...it's stressed. If it pushes past and we have to make decisions about which patients to treat, you'll see those death numbers go way up. That's why looking at Italy is so important. They've reached that point in Italy. That's why the "flatten the curve" movement is so critical. It's to try and keep the system from reaching that point because the more we do it, the more lives will be saved. That's just simple math.

So what's beginning to emerge is that, IF:
  • the lessons from the 2016 pandemic simulation were paid attention to
  • then infrastructure and supplies would have been put in place so that "flattening the curve" would have been the opposite of what we needed to do, then,
  • hygiene habits would have been all that was called for
  • corona would have joined flu and created an awful winter health season, but not a disaster
  • we wouldn't have had to close down the economy at all. In fact the build out of infrastructure and scaling up of supply inventories would have been a positive to the economy,
  • fewer people would have died in the long run, because this economic downturn, and extreme social distancing (like closing schools) will kill people, too, by the thousands.
The ability for executive teams to listen, to take in new data that may not fit their expectations and mental models, is SO important. That's the biggest failure of this POTUS and his senior leadership team ("Only the best people" is what he promised us). When they ignored the message from 2016, the train left the station, because the opportunity to avoid this mess has a multi-year tail.

According to the federal numbers around 195k. From a nation of 400 mil with undocumenteds. Drop in the bucket.

My blue collar wrench turning point in that is that I'm assuming people have died from the virus and are not included in the statistics because they weren't tested. How many is unknown. We didn't really start testing until March 13th. So I would find it difficult to say there aren't millions infected yet.

But all of that is moot now anyway. The news of 400,000 test kits rolling out is really comforting. We'll be using more test results than guess-o-matics to contain this thing and flatten the curve.

Reporter quoting multiple doctors around the country (paraphrased obviously) -
"We've known about this for months, and we still don't have the supplies. We're trying to treat patients without protection for ourselves. Why?"

donny's response: "Other administrations haven't done anything either."

This feels like an episode of the twilight zone.

Imagine if 200,000 US Citizens were rounded up, brought into a slaughterhouse, and executed. Is that a drop in the bucket too?

Donald considers Xi a friend lmao.

Anecdotally in Italy people didn't take the lockdowns seriously at first, continuing to gather instead of staying home. Unfortunately, they have the worse results right now (800 more deaths in last 24 hours).

The US also did not take this seriously at first and to this day people continue to gather (we've seen beach goers, FL Gov refuses to close down beaches, etc.).

The US growth pattern is tracking those of Italy. I hope whatever is happening now is enough to arrest the peak and flatten the curve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes