PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coronavirus RESPECTFUL Discussion Only! (Mod edit: Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you heard what people are saying across the Country? Doctors, nurses, firemen, EMS, you name it, the same story over and over again: not enough tests, not enough masks, running out of supplies, etc.

The people on the front lines are being asked to be heroes with no protection. This is 9-11 cleanup all over again. Those poor firefighters had to fight for decades for help.

C0rrect, and Roche shipped 400K test kits yesterday so the testing will get ramped up. The medical supply companies I'm sure are going 24/7.

The deaths the last 3 days have been 54, 57 and 45. This is not a disease that takes a month to kill you. If we had 5 million infected and the death rate was 1%, there would be way more than 279 deaths.
Now your just being disingenuous claiming this has reached a peak already. You know this is weeks away from a peak looking at the patterns from Italy and other countries. Cases here could be over 500,000 in a couple of weeks.

IMG_2717.jpg

Now your just being disingenuous claiming this has reached a peak already. You know this is weeks away from a peak looking at the patterns from Italy and other countries. Cases here could be over 500,000 in a couple of weeks.
I did not say it has peaked, numbers will vary and they will go up. But they are not consistent with 1 million infected, let alone 5 million
I wish there were 5 million infected with these death numbers. The cap on the number of deaths would not be that high.

I am ... and the made-up statistics bandied about here are appalling. This will get worse and there will be more deaths, but saying 10 million will die is flat out stupid. With a death rate of 1% for everyone who gets it (and it will be far less than that), we would have to be a country of 1 billion people and EVERYONE would have to get it.
10m deaths sounds crazy, I haven't heard anyone say that, but 250-500k doesn't seem crazy. America had 675,000 deaths from the Spanish flu a hundred years ago. Our only defense is social distancing, we'll see in a few weeks how effective that was now that we've started practicing it a week ago, 2 months after the virus was known to be here.

Make up ****, and when you are exposed, attack Trump
You seem to be more concerned with defending Trump than offering meaningful information from your professional background.

What type of doctor are you?

The only way to get tested in Washington is to die from it. I guess all the tests are going to the East Coast.

Yeah what a disaster. I will keep my personal thoughts on the matter to myself regarding yout theory. Instead, hope all is going to turn out well and thoughts are with you.

C0rrect, and Roche shipped 400K test kits yesterday so the testing will get ramped up. The medical supply companies I'm sure are going 24/7.
Link?

You seem to be more concerned with defending Trump than offering meaningful information from your professional background.

What type of doctor are you?
I am not defending Trump. I am pointing out insane statements. And I have posted a lot of information and insights on the reports about treatment. I am an internist.

I do think that with such a large diverse country, there are & will be different realities depending on the population density of your area. NYC is now officially out of control, and it's no wonder because it's an incredibly social environment where every person interacts with dozens or hundreds of others every single day. There are 8 million residents living in close quarters plus who knows how many commuters. All our large cities are going to have major outbreaks. The heavy travel in and out of them during Feb and March does not bode well.

You go to Maine, Vermont, upstate NY, or places like Montana or the Dakotas, it's very different and hopefully there will be nowhere near the percentage of infections. Far less travel into those areas during those 2 months, and much less social interaction to begin with.

I did not say it has peaked, numbers will vary and they will go up. But they are not consistent with 1 million infected, let alone 5 million
I wish there were 5 million infected with these death numbers. The cap on the number of deaths would not be that high.
I'm not sure what the rate of increase is, but when this takes off it does it very quickly. See below article that shows growth pattern for other states following NY rate, and how US follows Italy's (the worse).

Two to four weeks ago everyone was gathering in sporting venues, and living life in a normal manner. People already had it and it was being spread. I read severe symptoms show in 9 to 12 days after having it. Fortunately, only a small percentage of cases become severe.

Do you not think this is serious?

U.S. coronavirus growth rates show many states could be close behind Italy and New York

I heard that 18 percent of corona infections are asymptomatic. That’s really scary.
It's both scary and good.

It's scary because it means it will spread faster.

It's good because hopefully immunity is building up faster than we may think.

It's going to be super important to get antibody tests online that can tell who is immune (assuming, of course, that getting it means you're immune for at least some meaningful length of time).

There is a lot of hysteria on here that is not truthful. We do not have “millions” infected at this time. If we did - with 279 dead - this illness would be far less lethal than the average flu. The current death rate here is just above 1% now, and as we diagnose milder cases being missed, it is going to be far less than that. It is serious and we are dealing with it, but pulling figures out of your ass is decidedly unhelpful.

Less than 1% is achievable as long as we don't overwhelm our hospitals. It's as simple as that.

The numbers people are "pulling out of their ass" are also achievable if we do overwhelm our hospitals. So maybe the hysteria is necessary.

279 is of those who were able to get tested. The 22,000 cases are of those who showed strong enough symptoms to get tested. So it's not far fetched to conclude "millions have it".

But I do share your optimism. The testing is increasing, lock downs will help, people are beginning to take social distancing seriously and all of that will intensify as the numbers increase. So I think we will be able to get out in front of this.

This is a terrifying article from a guy that works with ventilators. I'm an ex smoker. I do not want to catch this shyt. Hope I don't already have it.

A Medical Worker Describes Terrifying Lung Failure From COVID-19 — Even in His Young Patients — ProPublica

Wow - this is really scary.

Not to diminish the harrowing experience of getting this, but there are a lot of articles about “younger people” getting the virus more frequently. I believe people under 60 account for 80% of the population, and the actual percentage of dying is still really, really unlikely for people under 60.

I think because of the publicity of the virus, more younger people are going to hospitals now whereas a few months ago they wouldn’t have. I haven’t seen the death rate for the the U60 demographic actually change (or U70, which is also fairly low odds.) A lot of anecdotal cases are flooding the press right now which focus on younger population.

Then he's an utter moron. He has two of the world's renown experts advising him, yet he doesn't have a command of the facts? Ok then.
Not only that, but HHS did a nine-month wargame of a pandemic last year (from Jan to August, with a report issued in October). The scenario was of a respiratory disease from China that ultimately infected 100+mil Americans and killed millions. So all the alleged problematic regulations, barriers, lack of ventilators & masks, etc. that Trump claims he didn't know about and shouldn't have been expected to know about were in fact known or knowable. Makes the administration's disgraceful response even more disgraceful.

"We'll be celebrating a great victory in the not so distant future."
- donny

Yes we will. In November to be exact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back