PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coronavirus RESPECTFUL Discussion Only! (Mod edit: Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good idea in principle, but I’d rather have it as vouchers/food stamps for all and reimbursements or vouchers for basic necessities like rent or mortgage. The idea of writing a 1,000 check to cash is a terrible idea, and children shouldn’t be punished for parents/guardians being irresponsible. They hesitated to shut down the schools in California because millions of kids depend on schools to eat. When I asked why they can’t just subsidized it though money, I was told because the money/food would,never get to the kids.

The level of complexity for vouchers is ridiculous.

jfvqfhyjtzm41.jpg

But we can be sure that the rich wont misuse those funds...because

It's getting harder and harder to tell the patently stupid, the woefully uninformed and those willfully spewing nonsense apart but in her case I'm going to go with all of the above.

And his blocking of folks from China and Europe probably saved a lot too...so far only 70 dead after the first case on January 20.

Problem is the people who put the whole blame on the Prez versus me who puts partial on him and the rest on the ******ed public and the people/scientists who were on the airwaves spouting off about how it is no big deal.

I’m beyond tired of hearing about test kits. Without knowing how this virus truly spreads, aerosol or contact. Or what is the real detection timeframe. The test kit crap throwing is just a nice and easy target for those who just want to ***** and pass easy blame. Half the country thought it was no big deal and I still see on my social media some people still not giving a rats ass. Test kits don’t solve that and the only thing that does is a complete shutdown and a partial economic collapse.

If people across the board including the Prez have taken this as seriously as those in Italy have it would have been fairly easy. Oh and the big thing passing around social media is to have children write letters to the elderly in nursing homes. This has some serious traction.

If you can’t see the downfall to that then...

$1.5tril of overnight loans is something very different than $1000 per month per adult. The latter is actual spending. The former isn't.

Doing the latter may well be a good idea, but the people making this bogus comparison to whine about it simply out themselves as mindless partisan hacks.

This was a move to inject the repo market which is at best, just greasing the machinery of the market, which is a very short-sighted move. In the meantime, the virus and the impact it will have on the economy, will be felt for many months. This is something the UBI can buffer effectively.

Anyway, what really happens is that the Feds lend these overnight loans to the banks at near zero interest and these banks then turn right around and sell these loans at much higher interest rates, exploiting the crisis.

And people get mad at some idiot stocking his garage full of hand sanitizers.

And this is all with the caveat that our testing capacity is impossibly poor compared to every other major country, so those numbers are juat the tip of the iceberg.

What is the population total in Italy?

What is the population total in the U.S to include illegals?

Might shed some light on that discrepancy.

Problem is the people who put the whole blame on the Prez versus me who puts partial on him and the rest on the ******ed public and the people/scientists who were on the airwaves spouting off about how it is no big deal.

I’m beyond tired of hearing about test kits. Without knowing how this virus truly spreads, aerosol or contact. Or what is the real detection timeframe. The test kit crap throwing is just a nice and easy target for those who just want to ***** and pass easy blame. Half the country thought it was no big deal and I still see on my social media some people still not giving a rats ass. Test kits don’t solve that and the only thing that does is a complete shutdown and a partial economic collapse.

If people across the board including the Prez have taken this as seriously as those in Italy have it would have been fairly easy. Oh and the big thing passing around social media is to have children write letters to the elderly in nursing homes. This has some serious traction.

If you can’t see the downfall to that then...

People here are blaming Trump more than the real culprits - the Chinese government. The likely cause of the coronavirus was China's unsanitary meat markets, which are sanctioned by their government. Didn't it create SARs too?

People here are blaming Trump more than the real culprits - the Chinese government. The likely cause of the coronavirus was China's unsanitary meat markets, which are sanctioned by their government. Didn't it create SARs too?

Nah if they had their way, in the end, it will have been Trumps fault. They will find some way.

May I suggest taking a break from your random accusations/uninformed opinions to read this? Yes, the Chinese government deserves some blame. You’ll be better off reading about the origin of the virus and their hesitant response. That’s a lot better than just randomly swinging a baseball bat in the dark, don’t you think?

2019–20 coronavirus pandemic in mainland China - Wikipedia

May I suggest taking a break from your random accusations/uninformed opinions to read this? Yes, the Chinese government deserves some blame. You’ll be better off reading about the origin of the virus and their hesitant response. That’s a lot better than just randomly swinging a baseball bat in the dark, don’t you think?

2019–20 coronavirus pandemic in mainland China - Wikipedia

Unlike you, I don't do my research on wikipedia :rolleyes:

In any event, from your article...

On 1 December 2019, a viral pneumonia patient with an unknown cause was hospitalized at Jinyintan Hospital, a specialized hospital for infectious diseases in Wuhan. This patient was the earliest known case of 2019-nCoV infections. Although the patient did not have any exposure to Huanan Seafood Market, a wholesale market selling seafood and living animals, an outbreak of the virus began to happen among people who had been exposed to the market since December 10.[46][47] The outbreak was not noticed until a Wuhan doctor found a cluster of unknown pneumonia and notified her hospital on December 27.[48] Another Wuhan hospital already sent a sample with the virus to Shanghai Public Health Clinical Center (Shanghai PHC) on December 26. The sample was later confirmed to contain a new virus.[46]

Yeah, pointing your finger at the sky where the lightning strike came from is a GREAT idea when your house is burning down and the fire department is manned by the Three Stooges.

Have you ever considered giving stand-up comedy a shot? You wouldn't even have to try very hard.

Yeah, pointing your finger at the sky where the lightning strike came from is a GREAT idea when your house is burning down and the fire department is manned by the Three Stooges.

Have you ever considered giving stand-up comedy a shot? You wouldn't even have to try very hard.

So all the deaths from coronavirus are Trump's fault...got it. The Chinese bear no responsibility, despite them pointing fingers at us and saying it was the US Army who started it.

Bars and Restaurants closed for 8 ****ing weeks in Denver. No sure how any business stays afloat now. Happy now?!

The worst thing that happened, which is full of irony, is that the Chinese government was able to successfully lock down the virus, which made the US and other countries think it would just flatten out and die. Turns out China’s situation is likely an outlier.

Last edited:
Bars and Restaurants closed for 8 ****ing weeks in Denver. No sure how any business stays afloat now. Happy now?!

Why would anyone be happy about this?

No one hates Trump more than me, but blaming him for this crisis is ludicrous. If you want to blame him, blame him for his continued and on going idiotic response to the crisis. I'm not surprised that he's lied about getting a testing program up and running. He's been lying to the American public for 4 years now (not including the 40 previous years). SKorea tested more people in the last DAY, than we have in the past month.

When it come down to it, NO one is to blame for the Corona Virus. Sh!t like this has happened since the dawn of civilization. But its how we RESPOND to the threat that is the measure of a people....and its leaders

So all the deaths from coronavirus are Trump's fault...got it. The Chinese bear no responsibility, despite them pointing fingers at us and saying it was the US Army who started it. We get it, you guys on the left aren't patriotic.
But of course you wouldn't get my point. Trump is not at fault for the virus. He is 1,000 percent at fault for bungling its containment in the U.S. by being woefully unprepared, not taking it seriously early on, continuing to contradict his self-appointed experts and failing to promote a competently cohesive plan. More Americans will die as a result and yes -- that's on him.

What the hell good will it do NOW to point fingers at China? At this point whether it came from China, Africa or Jupiter doesn't matter one iota.

No one hates Trump more than me, but blaming him for this crisis is ludicrous. If you want to blame him, blame him for his continued and on going idiotic response to the crisis. I'm not surprised that he's lied about getting a testing program up and running. He's been lying to the American public for 4 years now (not including the 40 previous years). SKorea tested more people in the last DAY, than we have in the past month.

When it come down to it, NO one is to blame for the Corona Virus. Sh!t like this has happened since the dawn of civilization. But its how we RESPOND to the threat that is the measure of a people....and its leaders

Your post really demolishes all the people blaming Trump for starting the Coronavirus by putting secret sauce on a Whopper.

And trump has failed, miserably. A complete fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back