PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cornerback Assessment/Questions

Good news: Parker good 1st impression.
Bad news: he got behind entire secondary.

One difference between the two, however...and it's a big one...
What's that? Jackson being 5'9 6/8 at the Combine compared to Jones being 5'11 2/8? Or that Jackson weighed 24 lbs more? Or that Jones had a .15 second better Short Shuttle? OH. Wait.. I know. You think that 0.06 seconds is a lot for the 40 yard dash. right?

1653634717648.png

Could be... didn't think of that one... The difference I found is, JC was a UDFA while JackOff should've been one.

Ahh.. there it is. The Supreme Arrogance of the Capt. Who hasn't gotten himself a job with any NFL team despite his ability to see what players will do in the future. err.. wait.. hmm..

Captain's revisionist history take that Randall Gay was somehow better than what we have now is a horrible take.

He was average at best... and the "we won with Earthwind Moreland" take is good, but probably not as good as knowing we won a championship with Troy Brown playing nickel CB.
All of them were better than Myles Bryant.

What's that? Jackson being 5'9 6/8 at the Combine compared to Jones being 5'11 2/8? Or that Jackson weighed 24 lbs more? Or that Jones had a .15 second better Short Shuttle? OH. Wait.. I know. You think that 0.06 seconds is a lot for the 40 yard dash. right?

View attachment 43246
Jones gets dinged hard for being a slow, weak lightweight!

I imagine jones is going to lose almost all 50-50 balls thrown his way!

Guys, JCJ was 69.75" 193lbs (5'10) at the combine, he's was NOT a tall stud, and he wasn't very fast at 4.55.
He was rated a C prospect by the "Experts".
Pretty good player at the end of the day wasn't he...
Everyone here complains that Bill is an idiot, Marcus Jones is 5'8 174, yet he's a little puke that was a 12th rd pick according to MeDIOTS, although even the NFL gave him a 6.27 rating, 3-4th rd, probably because he's a SERIOUS WEAPON that we don't have in ST(compared to Dante Hall ).
He's one of those guys that just makes **** happen.
All the Haters of this draft are gonna eat crow, I think Bill drafted some good, High Quality, Good MEN.
Not Flashy BOYS.

JMO.

Guys, JCJ was 69.75" 193lbs (5'10) at the combine, he's was NOT a tall stud, and he wasn't very fast at 4.55.
He was rated a C prospect by the "Experts".
Pretty good player at the end of the day wasn't he...
Everyone here complains that Bill is an idiot, Marcus Jones is 5'8 174, yet he's a little puke that was a 12th rd pick according to MeDIOTS, although even the NFL gave him a 6.27 rating, 3-4th rd, probably because he's a SERIOUS WEAPON that we don't have in ST(compared to Dante Hall ).
He's one of those guys that just makes **** happen.
All the Haters of this draft are gonna eat crow, I think Bill drafted some good, High Quality, Good MEN.
Not Flashy BOYS.

JMO.
Marcus Jones replaces Gunner as a returner and replaces Miles Bryant as a backup slot corner (with the hope of him starting there in the future). And yes, he can be an emergency receiver like Gunner (but that isn't a need).

That is quite good for a 3rd rounder. He is very likely to contribute as a rookie.

I'd say Myles Bryant, Jon Jones age, coming off injury and impending free agency after this year is why they spent two draft picks on slot cornerbacks.
Marcus Jones is quality pick as a backup slot corner, with potential to eventually start.

Jack Jones is a throw **** against the wall in the 4th and hope to get an outside corner. He was a bargain because of his off the field situations at two schools. He may be many things, but not a slot corner. I hope that he is even on the team in 2023. He seems about 50-50, which is OK for a 4th rounder with his upside potential.

People here that ONLY pay attention to MeDIOTS don't get this.
They are listening to people that said JCJ wasnt worth almost anything...
Good thing Bill knows better, JCJ was pretty good for us.

People here that ONLY pay attention to MeDIOTS don't get this.
They are listening to people that said JCJ wasnt worth almost anything...
Good thing Bill knows better, JCJ was pretty good for us.
I'm confused. You've been ranting on two other threads how JC is overated and got regularly torched by decent WRs. Which is it?

Marcus Jones is quality pick as a backup slot corner, with potential to eventually start.

Jack Jones is a throw **** against the wall in the 4th and hope to get an outside corner. He was a bargain because of his off the field situations at two schools. He may be many things, but not a slot corner. I hope that he is even on the team in 2023. He seems about 50-50, which is OK for a 4th rounder with his upside potential.
Jack Jones is looking for some advice. Maybe you can help.

Marcus Jones replaces Gunner as a returner and replaces Miles Bryant as a backup slot corner (with the hope of him starting there in the future). And yes, he can be an emergency receiver like Gunner (but that isn't a need).

That is quite good for a 3rd rounder. He is very likely to contribute as a rookie.
It's good that he can replace those two undrafted players.

Any word on when he can practice after his two shoulder surgeries?

It's good that he can replace those two undrafted players.

Any word on when he can practice after his two shoulder surgeries?
It's interesting that you think that saving a roster spot and an active roster spot is not very useful.

I do not have the medical reports. The early prognosis was that he had the surgeries so that he would be ready for camp. I'm fine if he can start the season as a returner, with us carrying the extra CB that so many want us to carry.

Jack Jones is 171 pounds (lighter than Marcus Jones), he benched it 11 times in the pre-draft process, he's a slot corner unless he gets much stronger.... and that's not happening between now and the regular season.

I think he acquires the Foxboro flu and gets a redshirt year barring injuries elsewhere. He needs a full year in the strength and conditioning program... even then he's no sure thing.

If he can get healthy, that is.

I think one of the rookie corners is going to need to step into at least a solid contributor role. I assume Mills, Butler, and Mitchell will be completely for the two outside spots and Jon Jones in the slot unless he is a surprise cut. I am hoping one of the rookies surprises everyone and gets some time over Mills, Butler, and Mitchell because I think that is quite an underwhelming group.

If he can get healthy, that is.

EDIT: Looks like Marcus was a (full?) participant during voluntary OTAs last week while I was away... Good news, because we can't go through another season with Myles of space Bryant as the primary backup Slot CB.

EDIT: Looks like Marcus was a (full?) participant during voluntary OTAs last week while I was away... Good news, because we can't go through another season with Myles of space Bryant as the primary backup Slot CB.
I actually lol'd, captain. Myles of space, my favorite of yours, all time. Cheers!

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Back