PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2024 Cap Space - Don't be deceived

This isn't correct, Wozzy. Jones is in year 3 of his contract NOW (2021, 2022, 2023). Year 4 is 2024. He'll only be under contract into 2025 IF the Patriots pick up his 5th yr Option. Personally, I think that the Pats will end up coming to to an agreement on an extension either after the 2023 season OR during the Summer of 2024. That would be better than exercising the 5th year option in the long run. Regardless, until then, the Pats don't have a $30M/yr QB on the team, which helps them spread money around.
Yeah, I was a year off, early morning post with not enough coffee I think. Either way, Mac hasn't earned 30M per yet, we'll see if he eventually does... they'd be crazy to cut him a check now without seeing how he performs this season.

Two years is such a long time in the NFL. Looking round the league at some of the contracts coming due, the CAP hits for aging stars that might not be "stars" in two years, I don't find anything really "deceptive" about New England's financial situation.

They are in great shape, as good as or better than any other team, particularly if the last two/three draft classes continue to look the part.

They need a QB to pop to a level that can climb the hill. The other pieces are either falling into place (affordably) or they'll have enough $$$ to go and get a couple more.

Two years is such a long time in the NFL. Looking round the league at some of the contracts coming due, the CAP hits for aging stars that might not be "stars" in two years, I don't find anything really "deceptive" about New England's financial situation.

They are in great shape, as good as or better than any other team, particularly if the last two/three draft classes continue to look the part.

They need a QB to pop to a level that can climb the hill. The other pieces are either falling into place (affordably) or they'll have enough $$$ to go and get a couple more.

The Pats were thought to have close to 80M going into this season. It was closer to 60M. And they burned through it rather quickly with the players they re-signed and the few FAs they brought in. They even did some extensions and other moves to free up money..

The Pats were thought to have close to 80M going into this season. It was closer to 60M. And they burned through it rather quickly with the players they re-signed and the few FAs they brought in. They even did some extensions and other moves to free up money..
Was it ever that high? I thought that number didn't include the bonuses, McCourty's escalation of Void, and was based on a too-high CAP projection. Thought it was more like 30-40M.

In any case, they signed:
Juju
Gisecki
Reiff
Anderson
Cody Davis
Board
Ekuale
Carl Davis
Cardona
Mack Wilson
Peppers
McMillan
Jon Jones

That's not bad - and they still have what? 14million this year?

Was it ever that high? I thought that number didn't include the bonuses, McCourty's escalation of Void, and was based on a too-high CAP projection. Thought it was more like 30-40M.

In any case, they signed:
Juju
Gisecki
Reiff
Anderson
Cody Davis
Board
Ekuale
Carl Davis
Cardona
Mack Wilson
Peppers
McMillan
Jon Jones

That's not bad - and they still have what? 14million this year?
I honestly don't think reif is going to make this roster. The team should be looking at adding some available O line men. Anyone at this point who can stand up, and actually block would Do. If the O line can't hold up this season it negates the whole idea of having BOB back IMO.

I honestly don't think reif is going to make this roster. The team should be looking at adding some available O line men. Anyone at this point who can stand up, and actually block would Do. If the O line can't hold up this season it negates the whole idea of having BOB back IMO.

Did you look at who on the offensive line did well today in 1-on-1s?

Did you look at who on the offensive line did well today in 1-on-1s?
Honestly I haven't, I was just making a comment about how guys are already unavailable in Anderson, the guys that are available haven't been up to Parr. If you could enlighten me on who performed well today I'd appreciate it. Xfinity had an outage in my area so wifi has been in and out. Thank you!

Honestly I haven't, I was just making a comment about how guys are already unavailable in Anderson, the guys that are available haven't been up to Parr. If you could enlighten me on who performed well today I'd appreciate it. Xfinity had an outage in my area so wifi has been in and out. Thank you!
We didn't hear anything but positives about Sow, anything at all about Jake Andrews or Atonio Mafi.

Typically with offensive linemen, if you don't hear anything that means they did their jobs. Media members only notice when they get beat.

How do you know if the guys available have no been up to par if you have not looked at the 1-on-1s?

I do not have the details in front of me, scroll back a few pages, I read a lot of details over the day.

We didn't hear anything but positives about Sow, anything at all about Jake Andrews or Atonio Mafi.

Typically with offensive linemen, if you don't hear anything that means they did their jobs. Media members only notice when they get beat.
Thank you! Yes your absolutely correct, hopefully this season we won't have to hear thier names during games. I that Sow is guy I've hear alot of positives on. Hopefully he makes the team. We just need guys that are going to block it up. Mac gets rid of the ball quickly so that always helps.

How do you know if the guys available have no been up to par if you have not looked at the 1-on-1s?

I do not have the details in front of me, scroll back a few pages, I read a lot of details over the day.
That's why I asked specifically on today's performance. I've been following prior. I just read something and @Wozzy just let me know as well. I'm an information seeker. Wether I get it here or elsewhere. Reiff hasn't been up to Parr, replaced by McDermott reports were no?

I'm usually optimistic.. the O line worries me. But I'm with you! Let's ride!.
That's why I asked specifically on today's performance. I've been following prior. I just read something and @Wozzy just let me know as well. I'm an information seeker. Wether I get it here or elsewhere. Reiff hasn't been up to Parr, replaced by McDermott reports were no?
So McDermott is good enough to start at RT, so Reiff is doing badly. I missed something.

As of now, we have 3 starters and a swing OT. I truly don't care who starts. And Sow is the #4, developmental OT.
===============
Anderson is the wild card.
=============
As of now we have more issues at OG, with both starters out.

So McDermott is good enough to start at RT, so Reiff is doing badly. I missed something.

As of now, we have 3 starters and a swing OT. I truly don't care who starts. And Sow is the #4, developmental OT.
===============
Anderson is the wild card.
=============
As of now we have more issues at OG, with both starters out.
No my friend you didn't miss anything.. I'm with you as well. O LINE Is the chief concern on this team. Not WR, not anything else it's O line. Middling O line perfom this season would have us in better position. Whether is issues at OG or any position on the line it affects the cohesion of the unit. I'd like to see Anderson out there at some point. Hope he's ok.. as the NFI list some outside of football health related. Like what I've heard on Sow thus far..

I understand it differently. Reiff has been good and is rotating on the left and right. McDermott has been as expected having come off the JETE practice squad last year.

I understand it differently. Reiff has been good and is rotating on the left and right. McDermott has been as expected having come off the JETE practice squad last year.
Curran and perry mentioned he had been replaced by McDermott on the right side. Connor filled in admirably last season. Rieff has had a great career.. no shame if he doesn't make the roster.. not many 34 plus O lineman in the league right now. I really like what I'm hearing on Sow.

Curran and perry mentioned he had been replaced by McDermott on the right side. Connor filled in admirably last season. Rieff has had a great career.. no shame if he doesn't make the roster.. not many 34 plus O lineman in the league right now. I really like what I'm hearing on Sow.

McDermott played at right tackle because Reiff moved to left tackle. Playing both tackle spots is not a downgrade. I think you took "replaced on the right side" as a negative, but Reiff moved to the left side. Very disappointing that PatsFans posters commonly take comments in a negative light instead of staying positive. Look at 1-on-1s, McDermott was destroyed. Sow is a project for next year and has not been with the 1st group.

1691012642648.png

Better to stay quiet than open your mouth and look foolish.

McDermott played at right tackle because Reiff moved to left tackle. Playing both tackle spots is not a downgrade. I think you took "replaced on the right side" as a negative, but Reiff moved to the left side. Very disappointing that PatsFans posters commonly take comments in a negative light instead of staying positive. Look at 1-on-1s, McDermott was destroyed. Sow is a project for next year and has not been with the 1st group.

View attachment 51870

Better to stay quiet than open your mouth and look foolish.
Ok thanks for the information.. I'll ask you from now on rather then listen to anything from BB, ESPN, phill perry or Curran folks who actually get paid to report. Unless you're working for organization and masquerading as a poster. I don't want to continue to look foolish.. so everyone will just go to you for information..

Unless he retires…he’ll be on the 53. He may not start but he’ll be one of the OT’s…probably RT.
Ty I appreciate it.

Unless he retires…he’ll be on the 53. He may not start but he’ll be one of the OT’s…probably RT.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back