PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Consider The Whole Draft

No matter how you slice it, this pick is indefensible! Strange can be the second coming of John Hannah and it won't help the Pats one bit! If you wanted an interior lineman take Linderbaum at 21. They passed on CB, LB, DT, Edge rushers and Safeties that all would have started on day one, for a team that has still not made Buffalo punt outside of playing in a hurricane in the last two years.

the only ones left at 54 and beyond will be JAGs. This team could go winless unless they can beat the Jets (who got alot better last night!)
Offensive lines aren’t important? They don’t help you one bit?
When people like you don’t like the pick I that makes me more confident it was a good one.

I'm already resigned to our fate.

Here's a really frightening thought: the fact that they had Strange so high on their board relative to the other players means that the Patriots value this draft very, very little. It likely means that the 2nd-3rd round guys here are more like 3rd and 4th rounders. This doesn't mean we can't find players but Belichick is not liking this draft, nd the guys left on their board are not nearly as good as Strange. If they were, he would have found ways to maximize taking 2 or 3 of them in the 2nd.

He didn't do that.

This is why I'm not holding out hope. Here we are talking about McDuffie and Nakobe Dean and Belichick is over there thinking, you can't play football with mini-me these days, no matter how competitive they are.
What? Let me understand this. You think that belichick and his entire staff thought other players were better pucks and just decided to take a lesser player?
Your mind really brings you there when you can’t grasp that a guy with more data and better evaluation skills chose a player you wouldn’t have? Wow.

I just want to point out that the patriots have had almost entirely terrible drafts the last 8 years....it is reasonable to question the drafting at this point...it is unreasonable to trust it.

The most idiotic take to come out of this draft pick has to be that we didn't need a guard and a guard won't help us. Do people realize we lost not one, but both starters?

The most idiotic take to come out of this draft pick has to be that we didn't need a guard and a guard won't help us. Do people realize we lost not one, but both starters?
We're doomed, we made Sean McVay laugh.

Self-inflicted wounds.

The Jets picked twice at #4 and #10, the Patriots picked at #29. The Jets were 4-13 last year.

The Jets picked three times before the Pats did, they got the best WR and CB in the draft, and a steal of an edge rusher at 26.

The Pats got the 90th rank player, a 24 year old Air Force dropout from a Div 3 school, with Pick 29.

Can you say "last place?"

I don’t think anyone is disappointed Cole Strange is a Patriot, it’s just where he was picked.

We had a really good guard and traded him for a 5th, then we come into rd 1 and pick a guard? It’s a head scratcher. This team has to get faster and add talent on D, particularly at LB, DL, and CB. We also need to get Mac a true weapon.
This to a T. It’s just the whole situation here that bubbled up into this last night.. It didn’t feel like Mason needed to be traded. He was on an amazing contract and we traded him for a 5th.

Offensive lines aren’t important? They don’t help you one bit?
When people like you don’t like the pick I that makes me more confident it was a good one.

Then don't trade your Pro Bowl Guard for a 5th round pick.

The Bills still haven't punted and JC is now in LA. This is an indefensible pick, especially at 29. He could have been had at 54 and most likely in the 80s someplace. I don't care if he is the next John Hannah, until the Pats can make the Bills punt at least once in a game, they will not win the division.

I’m seeing some real crappy reactions from folks I previously had developed much respect for. I’m disappointed in a lot of the fans and how they’re reacting to this. Honestly it makes me feel they don’t deserve a successful team.
seriously, are you ok? Fans don't deserve teams, teams deserve fans and teams need to earn the fans satisfaction. if the team f-ing sucks or drafts an f-iing GUARD in the first round, fans are going to be rightfully pissed off, ESPECIALLY when they watched their team get absolutely waxed by their chief division rival in 2 straight games by a score of 372-10. how does a GUARD help them compete with Buffalo? what does fan reaction matter? a fan is a FANATIC - we go to extremes with the good and bad - and I don't know where you learned or played football, but GUARDS don't change games GUARDS are not impact players. GUARDS are picked in the third or fourth round or signed as UDFA. The amount of cope with pats fans footy pajama crew is off the charts here. Bill the GM picked a f u c k i ng GUARD when they were sitting at #21. they had their pick of numerous players who've made plays and impacted games their entire college careers - but know, f ing Bill the GM or his f u c king dog traded down picked a GUARD from a 1AA school!
The Bill is a genius idiots always forget Bill the GM picked f u c king fullback in the first round in cleveland. i've been saying it for awhile, the game has passed or is quickly passing by Bill the Coach and Bill the GM....penalties, conservative play calling, not challenging obvious wrong calls, and drafting a GUARD in the first round...
lets all jerk off to that third and fourth rounder bill picked up yesterday...YAHOOOOOO

The Jets picked three times before the Pats did, they got the best WR and CB in the draft, and a steal of an edge rusher at 26.

The Pats got the 90th rank player, a 24 year old Air Force dropout from a Div 3 school, with Pick 29.

Can you say "last place?"
You're right man. I see the light now. The Patriots are going to go from 2nd place in the division at 10-7 (one game behind the division leader Bills at 11-6) all the way down to 4th place behind the 4-13 Jets all because the Jets got a good rookie WR and CB and the Patriots got a Guard that you don't like.

The division got faster, the patriots did not. The patriots are in trouble in 2022. The talent gap is widening.

Jets got a cb and a wr....the patriots got a guard. Patriots won't stop a nosebleed next year. It's gonna suck
If Strange works out and Mac Jones gets some extra time in the pocket, that would be a win.

You're right man. I see the light now. The Patriots are going to go from 2nd place in the division at 10-7 (one game behind the division leader Bills at 11-6) all the way down to 4th place behind the 4-13 Jets all because the Jets got a good rookie WR and CB and the Patriots got a Guard that you don't like.
The lost twice to Miami, got blown out twice by the Bills, both of them have gotten better and the Pats have gotten worse. Now the Jets have added the top WR and CB in the draft, along with a great edge rusher. Granted they are still the Jets, but right now, the Pats are battling them for draft position in the 2023 draft and that's about it.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back