PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congratulations Brian Flores

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not worried about it- Bill will hire just fine.
Just look at Alabama- Saban loses coaches every single year, yet they are still always in the top 2.

Malcolm Butler rehash coming in 3...2.....1....

I don't know if the Lions job affected Patricia's focus on last year's game, but the defense did not look well prepared. Interviewing and preparing for the biggest job/promotion of ones life certainly has the potential to distract from your current job. It's just a shame that this occurs during the playoffs.

Last edited:
Hard to blame anyone for quick striking Ross' wallet for some life altering cash. The lolphins have had as many HC's in the past 15 years as the Browns. Within a couple of years Flores & Co will be free to pursue opportunities with better organizations having gained financial security for a lifetime.

I know that what the Rat left, BB asked him not to poach other coaches and he did. I'm guessing that Flores got BB's blessing first. O'Shea is being block by McDaniel's. Plus I'm sure that both Flores and O'Shea are tired of working an extra five weeks each post season, moving on to Miami will put an end to that.

Flores is about to depart for life changing money... O'Shea who has been in the background has his opportunity direct an offense after having learned from the masters and probably a very healthy raise.. it is what it life in the NFL..

Not sure position coach and would pass up an opportunity for a coordinators slot, particularly as McDaniels is probably going nowhere...

Can you imagine coming how to your wife, and telling her about the financial opportunities you passed up because of loyalty to the New England Patriots???

I don't know if the Lions job affected Patricia's focus on last year's game, but the defense did not look well prepared. Interviewing and preparing for the biggest job/promotion of ones life certainly has the potential to distract from your current job. It's just a shame that this occurs during the playoffs.

Stop already. The Patriots allowed just 14 points and 20 points in the previous two games, despite Patricia interviewing and being hired without being hired.

Totally agree. I wish they would make it a rule that you can't interview coaching candidates until the day after the Super Bowl, for all teams. This would get rid of the problem of good assistants missing out on opportunities while their teams are still playing in the most meaningful games of the year.

Flores seems to be a man of high character ...
I highly doubt he poached ... I'm thinking he asked.
Turnover is good ... I'm sure there are some fine eager coaches who will come on board.

Honestly, I don't care about Flores. Every time I see the opposing offense walk down the field and score with little resistance, my blood pressure rises to dangerous levels.
With him gone, and a new DC in place, maybe just maybe I can breath while I watch the Patriots defense.

This is not a coincidence. The Dolphins Owner Ross, in part selected Flores to hurt the Patriots knowing he would bringing assistyant coaches along.
I doubt Flores gets a job offer in any other division

Why would you hire a guy solely to stick it to another team, even the Patriots? I think they just liked him.

Comments:

- I hate that Flores is moving on inside the division.
- I don't like him poaching O' Shea.
- But like others have said...they are human beings who want to move up and nobody is moving up to OC/HC on the Pats any time soon. Even to be the DC, you need to play call for a year.
- It makes me question how much ex-coaches really are able to scheme a way to stop us...seeing how Patricia/Vrabel beat us this year. Mangini did ok for the first few games too. IMO, it just comes down to plain execution....
- For those talking about Patricia being 'distracted' last year....this was not a problem for Weis/Crennel in '04. Hard to say...and the decision to bench Butler was made by BB or at the very least endorsed by BB.

Just another opportunity for BB to add someone else.

Honestly, I'm happy for these people. They've logged work weeks long enough that I would call the police if someone had me working those hours.

Now they are all getting promotions. It sucks to lose people but if you can't feel good for these guys you're not appreciating the effort they've done behind the scenes.

That being said, I hope we sweep them. I'm worried, though, Flores might be a legit coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down