PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Conflicting report: Patriots are NOT expected to tag Trey Flowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not a transition tag and trade?
A second or late 1st to add to the draft picks.
Definitely going d line now.

Why not a transition tag and trade?
A second or late 1st to add to the draft picks.
Definitely going d line now.
Why would a team trade for a player on a transition tag when they can sign him away for no compensation instead?

Why would a team trade for a player on a transition tag when they can sign him away for no compensation instead?
Non exclusive franchise tag I meant to say.

People fall in love. I’ve stopped that practice years ago.

I do not think he is returning, nor did I ever. Mason was re-upped and I bet Flowers was offered lotsa $, but he figured (correctly) that he’d make more on the open market.

There is nothing wrong with moving on if the price isn’t right. NE will reload with cheaper options. No question I’d rather Flowers be on the squad for the next few years. But not at 17M$.

Amazing pick in the fourth round. Far exceeded his slot.
Exactly. How many guys have left the Pats for bigger contracts only to become irrelevant somewhere else?

Good player but I get the feeling from some people that they think Flowers is the greatest defensive player that has ever walked human earth.

Really? I don't get that feeling from anyone.

100% agree. Good player but I get the feeling from some people that they think Flowers is the greatest defensive player that has ever walked human earth.

The Patriots will continue to win a lot of ball games if he walks. 17M would be overpay for Flowers and if that's what it takes I am happy about moving on.

No, I think people don’t want to see our best DL walk as he’s entering his prime for a 2020 comp pick, while we’re in bradys final years competing for Super Bowls.

No, I think people don’t want to see our best DL walk as he’s entering his prime for a 2020 comp pick, while we’re in bradys final years competing for Super Bowls.
They didn't want Chandler Jones to get traded, they didn't want Jamie Collins to get traded etc. Has no bearing on our success.

They didn't want Chandler Jones to get traded, they didn't want Jamie Collins to get traded etc. Has no bearing on our success.

Chandler brought back a 2nd and an OL who we thought scar would unlock the potential of, and Collins was going rogue and sacrificing the good of the team for himself. Ultimately fans would understand not paying trey and moving onto 19, but this loss will hurt more than the 2 you mentioned. We’re possible looking at our best returning linemen as Guy and Clayborn and hoping rivers replaces flowers. Not an ideal situation.

Chandler brought back a 2nd and an OL who we thought scar would unlock the potential of, and Collins was going rogue and sacrificing the good of the team for himself. Ultimately fans would understand not paying trey and moving onto 19, but this loss will hurt more than the 2 you mentioned. We’re possible looking at our best returning linemen as Guy and Clayborn and hoping rivers replaces flowers. Not an ideal situation.

Overpaying would be worse. Much rather get 2 good DL in the draft and get a cheaper replacement in FA.

Overpaying would be worse. Much rather get 2 good DL in the draft and get a cheaper replacement in FA.

Depends on the overpayment. Flowers or no flowers I’m fairly certain we’re going DL in the draft. Our cap situation supposedly skyrockets with cap space starting in 2020 with contacts coming off the books. I see this situation differently than in the past with a chandler jones or a revis who got big money elsewhere since bradys window is closer to the end now. Just want to put the best team around him at this point.

We don’t have a game for 7 months.

Depends on the overpayment. Flowers or no flowers I’m fairly certain we’re going DL in the draft. Our cap situation supposedly skyrockets with cap space starting in 2020 with contacts coming off the books. I see this situation differently than in the past with a chandler jones or a revis who got big money elsewhere since bradys window is closer to the end now. Just want to put the best team around him at this point.
But the philosophy that has always put the best team around him revolves around not overvaluing one player.

Tag the beast.

Please... :(

No, they don't. They would like to have Flowers paid $17M for this to have no effect on other players on the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call